Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party?

MBELSANTI

Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!
Hello

I am one of those people that has to do everything new that is offered and its been 3 years since we've been to WDW so we haven't had the chance to try this yet. I read on a blog that there can be up to 200 guests at the party, but on Disney's website, it says they accommodate up to 50 guests. Are the parties that small? Were they larger at one time? Also I see the tables set up in pictures and wonder if you can move your chair over to the railing to sit during Wishes or is it standing room only?

Has anyone ever called Disney and requested sugar free desserts and if so what were they? Although I like sweets, I'm afraid I would totally blow my diet out of the water LOL!:lmao: I did read that there are some fresh fruits served. I am just trying to figure out if it is a good value or not for us.
Thanks! :goodvibes

I would say there is usually about 75 guests , I have not seen chairs up at the railing , people tend to stand shoulder to shoulder once the fireworks start .
There are fruits , coffee and tea , but besides that I have not seen sugar free treats , but maybe if u call they can accommodate you.

People who moved their chairs over to the rails were told that they couldn't put them there when we were there in March. I didn't see any sugar-free desserts but wasn't really looking for them either! I was there for the view, but my daughter and son-in-law ate my share and theirs lol.

We went last year in March and really enjoyed it. I would say about 50 people were there. It was standing room only at the railing for the fireworks. We sat and ate until just before the show started. I'm 5'3" and had no problems seeing anything. There was plenty of room for everyone.
The three of us split one CS meal (Pecos Bill's?) for dinner about 45 minutes before the party. We got a salad, drink, and yogurt to have something a little healthy before we pigged out on all the yummy foods at the party! We had fresh fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, and lots of other unhealthy treats. We are thinking about going again on our next trip, but there are so many other things we want to do!

I went in 2010 with my mom. There were about 75 people but you were not allowed to bring the chair to the rail. I think it was really nice and I had a good time. The only problem is that you have to get there early so you do miss some of the parade stuff that happens before Wishes. Mom was a little disappointed since she loves parades.

I am taking her back again this September and will be skipping the dessert party. When I go in December, I may do it then.

About 50 guests. You are not allowed to move your chair and they are sticklers on that. You are allowed to stand at the rail to watch and there is decent room. Worse case scenario, you will be standing but at least you won't be getting pushed and shoved like elsewhere in the park. Best case scenario you get a rocking table and get to sit with a great view. I've done this twice and had both scenarios.

I doubt you can request anything sugar free. Everything is brought in on carts and premade. The desserts are nice but not anything fabulous. They kind of taste like premade frozen and thawed desserts you would get at a Costco or Sams Club. But still good enough and plenty of choices. There is fresh fruit but the rest is pretty sugary stuff.

The view is nice but not perfect. You are off to the side so the fireworks don't line up all the way. However, Tinkerbell flies right over head.

All in all, I love it. It's kind of pricey. But to me it's not the desserts but having a prime place to watch fireworks. Even if you are stuck standing (which is all lucky since you can't request tables) it's still worth it to not have people shoving you. I highly recommend it.

Lastly, I'm not sure if it's all random luck on getting a table or not. I can tell you the size of the party has ZERO effect despite what people say. The first time we did it, we had the most perfect table up front and were a party of 5. I also made the reservation the date it opened up.

The second time we were a party of 3 and were all the way in the back. I made the reservation that very day.

I'd guess the sooner you reserve the better the table. But that may have just been luck.

Thanks you guys for all of your input! :goodvibes I think that even though it is pricey, I am going to keep the reservation for my son and I. He loves sweets and it sounds like it's a nice experience! Hopefully we get a good table, but since the dates open 180 before and I booked last week for mid June, luck may not be on our side!

Thanks you guys for all of your input! :goodvibes I think that even though it is pricey, I am going to keep the reservation for my son and I. He loves sweets and it sounds like it's a nice experience! Hopefully we get a good table, but since the dates open 180 before and I booked last week for mid June, luck may not be on our side!

Reservations for this party only open up about 60 days ahead of time. :)

Hmm I am wondering about this because I booked for June 22nd back on March 31 which comes out to be 83 days.:confused3

It is really 60-90 days depending on when you want to go. The open an enter month of reservations at the end of a month. Like the entire month of June reservations opened the end of March. July reservations open the end of April.

I am not trying to hijack the thread, (I appologize if i should have started a new thread for my question). I just thought my quandry fit into this thread. :confused3

I am curious what those who have done wishes think of it in general. I just reserved for a night on our May vacation and it pre charged me $60+ for the 3 of us. Do most people feel it is worth it?

Last time we wnt to Disney we ended up spending a boatload of $$ on dining and so this time we are trying to cut back a bit on the dining costs. :eek:

We still have Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, Yak and Yedi, Le Chefs and Sci fi reserved for this trip. Just curious of others experience with this one. Thanks:thumbsup2 :cheer2:

I am curious what those who have done wishes think of it in general. I just reserved for a night on our May vacation and it pre charged me $60+ for the 3 of us. Do most people feel it is worth it?

I do and have done it twice and will do it again. And I'm even local.

The food is not really worth it. It's not bad, it's not great. But I mean....it's dessert. You can't really go wrong with dessert. I think what makes it worth it, is being able to sit down and relax with your family without other people pushing and shoving. After all the walking you do, you get to sit, eat some dessert, have a drink and relax. It's a great way to unwind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter