*~*Tomorrow I Shall Eat Air *~* Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Halloween Cruise 9/7/19-9/14/19

if you have a moment can you please do me a favor and comment to let me know if the pics in my report are showing up as a normal size for you? I pulled it up and they all looked tiny and I just want to make sure they’re viewable at a good size before I post new updates and that it isn’t microscopic lol!! thanks!! :flower1:
It's fine. The videos are offset a bit but the photos display fine. I appreciate you using a standard font in an easy to read color. The community appreciates anyone who takes the time to write a report.

Honestly your trip report is very hard to read. I'm on a laptop and videos are not aligned on the page correctly and the font / text is hard to read.

If you are copying text from somewhere else, it might be helpful when you paste it here to highlight it and change the font from Times New Roman to Arial and to un bold it.

Also you should look at how you are uploading the videos and photos, as there is big gaps. Use the ATTACH FILES function instead of copying and pasting.

Sorry to be picky but you did ask :)
Thank you for your feedback! I honestly do not know why the videos are showing off to the side like that. so weird. But yes I asked and I appreciate your honest feedback!

I can see your pictures just fine. I'm really enjoying reading your trip report!

I'm looking forward to reading more, as we are thinking about taking a trip around the same time in 2021. We are really looking forward to trying a Halloween cruise! Our last cruise aboard the Fantasy was a Star Wars Day at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean.

Thank you! Star Wars Day at Sea was a wonderful cruise! I'd like to get on that one again as well. HOTHS is way at the top for me now though! You will love it!

It's fine. The videos are offset a bit but the photos display fine. I appreciate you using a standard font in an easy to read color. The community appreciates anyone who takes the time to write a report.

Thank you!!! :) Glad to hear they are ok!

Seeing it just perfect!

:):) Thank you!! Thanks for reading along!

The pics show up tiny if your not logged in to Disboards.

:badpc::badpc: oh my gosh that must have been what happened. I was like.....waittttttt a minute.....please tell me my pics aren't little tiny microscopic blobs :oops:

*~* Day 1 *~*
*~*Where Green Beans Go to Die *~*

If you have never been on a Disney Cruise before, you might not know that they announce your family as you board. I love this about Disney as it starts you off on a personal level, welcoming you by your family name as if you are old friends. They have cast members line each side of the atrium who clap as you enter the atrium. Fun fact....on one of our Disney Fantasy cruises, Andy's Key to the World didn't work. He was not able to scan in at the entry to the cruise so he had to turn around to get it taken care of at the check in desk in the port. The kids were super anxious to get on board so they kept walking and boarding the ship. I followed them to make sure I knew where everyone was and planned on meeting Andy in the atrium. I sat there for about 10 minutes when I suddenly heard them announce "Disney Fantasy, please welcome aboard the LEFT BEHIND family!" Yep. That was him. That was Andy. And nope, we have NOT lived this down yet. I think that might have been 2015? Apparently 5 years have not softened the blow lol! As a matter of fact, watching Disney cruise vlogs this weekend it was brought up when they announced the cruisers family name. Andy chimed right in with "It's the Left Behind family!" Oopsie! We love ya Andy but the kids were ready to get on the Mickey boat! :boat::boat::boat::boat:

We very briefly took in the beautiful atrium but we were on a mission! When my kids are hangry, there isn't much standing between them and Cabana's! So we tend to board and head straight to the buffet. Once we are able to get them fed, then all is well.

2019-09-07 12.07.49-1.jpg

According to my Mickey watch, it was now 12:11pm

Pro Tip - Cabana's gets VERY crowded on embarkation day. If you are on the ship early, I would suggest making it your first stop as well as it will fill up and get a bit crazy after a while. When we got there it was almost completely empty. In case you are interested in coffee or drinks there is a bar area in there as well.

This is how empty it was at the time:

We selected a table by the windows and went off to check out the buffet.

If you like seafood you might really like this section! The shrimp are really good and the crab claws are good in theory, but it's dang near impossible to get them out of the shell! They're hard as rocks! I'm sure there is probably a reasonable way to get into them but i usually end up wrestling with one and then calling it a day.

This was my plate, by which you may be able to tell that I like sauces. Almost as much or more than the food itself half the time. So I had some carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, a fish nugget, a little piece of steak with onions on it and a few shrimp.

I believe this was Andy's plate - steak fries, a chicken nugget, mashed potatoes, a piece of steak, Hawaiian pizza, and some chicken.

For desert, we all like these little raspberry mouse things. They are seriously absolutely delicious! I can't even tell you how much I would like one of these little pieces of heaven right now. I'm currently on a "starvation diet" (not really, but it feels like it) since we are leaving on a 4 night cruise aboard the Disney Magic in 24 days! Cruises seem to sneak up on me. I have these great plans of "I'm going to lose 50 pounds" which turn into "I lost 2 pounds let's get on the ship so I can gain 10!"

I'm at my photo limit so I'm going to continue this in the next post!

Since the videos don't seem to align themselves very well for some reason, I'm going to do a little video recap of everything we've done on board so far. Hopefully this will make it a little easier to read everything!

Here's us being announced as we board:

Ignoring the adorable Pumpkin port holes on a race to Cabana's. Which leads us to another pro tip. The mid ship elevators will be super busy when everyone is boarding. Head around the corner to the end of the ship and there is little to no wait for an elevator.
Some of the buffet in Cabana's plus where we were seated. I just noticed the music playing in the background, it is subtle but perfect to get you in vacation mode!
Up next.....the specialty sweet shop on the Disney Fantasy - Sweet on You!

They're hard as rocks! I'm sure there is probably a reasonable way to get into them but i usually end up wrestling with one and then calling it a day.
Did you use the cracker? I totally missed them on my first cruise and also wrestled with the crab. Now, in my opinion, the meat isn't even that good in stone crab to begin with, but if you really want it, you've gotta have help.

Did you use the cracker? I totally missed them on my first cruise and also wrestled with the crab. Now, in my opinion, the meat isn't even that good in stone crab to begin with, but if you really want it, you've gotta have help.

I'm going to have to look harder next cruise! I've never seen any but that makes so much more sense than beating them with a fork :rotfl2:

If you like treats, the Disney Fantasy has a great little candy/ice cream shop right next to Cabanas. Everything in here is an additional charge but I really don't think the prices are that bad at all in here. We usually only purchase something from here maybe 2-3 times per cruise as there is so much available around the ship that is included that we don't find ourselves needing anything more that often. BUT, everything we have had from in here has always been delicious! The Disney Dream has a very similar shop that is called Vanellope's which is actually my favorite of the 2 just because I think it has the cuteness edge but neither disappoints!

One thing I really like about these shops is that you can make arrangements to have their signature ice cream dishes sent to the dining room which is a nice touch if you are celebrating something special and maybe don't want a whole cake, etc. They are always happy to let you sample the ice cream and gelato flavors which are absolutely delicious!

I like to stop at the Sweet on You shop as early as possible because I like to see everything and take pictures before it starts getting used - the way the ice creams are decorated is adorable! This is going to be a pretty picture intensive post because I took a lot of pics of all the sweet treats that I want to share with you all!

This is the sundae in the Minnie dish below, they also have sugar/waffle cones:

Lots of cupcakes that are as beautifully decorated as they are delicious:

Birthday cupcakes:

My favorite treat in here - the gelato! The peanut butter one is my absolute favorite! It's soooo good!

Oreo Fans unite! Chocolate covered oreos! They are amazing and were decorated so cute for Halloween!!!

I can also say from experience the chocolate dipped marshmallows are GREAT and look how cute they are with their Cars theme!

They have loads of toppings to choose from!

Some of the prices for ice cream, signature sundaes, gelato and toppings.

More Sweet Treats coming up in the next post!

There is a section in the shop where you can buy candy by the weight. If you have been to Goofy's Candy Company in Disney Springs it is very similar. I'm not sure what the price is I'll have to check next cruise and include that in my next report.

There's only 1 little table to sit down at inside the shop but there's tons of seating right outside the shop and you're welcome to take your goodies anywhere around the ship with you.

Here are some pics of the inside of the shop itself - look at these 2 sweethearts Minnie and Mickey sharing a shake :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

The seating area:

I'm not sure if this is a nod to Goofy's Candy Company or not but it's cute!

Zoe and Piper with Minnie and Mickey :lovestruc

And last but not least, some of the ice cream! I was very happy to see they have vegan selections! I like to choose vegan options when available as I have some food allergies and I know if something is vegan, it is a great choice for me to avoid allergens! I definitely noticed more vegan options this trip than previous trips. I'll point them out as I come across them!

The cute little sign outside the shop

And before we say goodbye to Sweet on You, a little video of the treats! Up next, exploring Nemo's Reef and the main ship deck!

Nemo's Reef is a splash pad area for little ones which is located right next to the main deck pool areas. I mean, what could be better for a little splash play area than Nemo theming?

If you need little life vests Disney has them on the deck so you don't really need to worry about packing them which is nice!

There used to be a hot tub area but it's now turned into another little splash zone

Right nearby is the 24*7 drink area where you can help yourself to soda, coffee, tea, etc. I loved that they had Halloween on the High Seas cups out now. I do like to bring our Hydroflasks on our cruises for keeping water cold especially on excursions but these cups are super cute for a quick drink.

There is also no need to bring your own towels on a Disney cruise. There are loads of them available.

And for all of the adults, don't worry there is a bar area on deck for all your beer and cocktails while you are enjoying the pool area.

You can buy a DCL Beer mug which you get 21 oz refills for the price of the 16 oz refills if you use it. You can exchange your mug for a token so you don't have to be carrying around a mug with you everywhere you go. I have quite a few of the clear glass beer mugs at home they are awesome!

They had some pre-made drinks available as well. On the first day they are usually walking around with these for sale. I've been known to have one at sail away :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Up next the rest of the main deck and then the Bon Voyage Bar. Andy and I have a tradition to stop there for Captain's Mai Tai's before the mandatory drill and Sail Away Party. Stay Tuned I'll be back shortly!

Below are videos of Nemo's Reef, the Beer Mug area and the splash deck area:

Last order of business before hitting the Bon Voyage Bar was taking a few pics on the mostly empty main pool deck. If you get on board fairly early and eat a quick lunch it's a great time to get in the pools or try out the Aquaduck

Never to be seen again - an empty Mickey pool!

Funnel Vision had Disney Trivia playing at this time

But, this reminded us that we really wanted to get this party started with a drink at the Bon Voyage Bar so off we went!

Here are a couple videos of the pool area for you as we head out

A few cruises back we went on a trip with our friends for my birthday and let's just say that we may or may not have had a few too many Captain's Mai Tai's & other assorted beverages before sail away even began. I will say it made the mandatory safety drill go by extremely quickly! Now, I don't know if any of you have ever seen the viral video of the little boy telling his mom "Linda, listen. Listen Linda...." buttttttt...... we basically had a re-enactment of that via my slightly tipsy friend face timing her mother before we left port. She was probably hoping at that point that we would all make it back alive. Ever since then, it's been our tradition to start off at the Bon Voyage bar. ****Sidenote - we leave on Thursday for a 4 night cruise on the Magic with that same couple. She has us all booked for a 2:30pm Champagne tasting on that day - this should be interesting and I am sure will make it into the next trip report! ****

My advice is to have ONE, maybe TWO tops of these! I've limited myself to one after the "Linda incident". We have spoken to the bar tenders before as they definitely don't skimp on the alcohol and they told us about "Mickey Pours". It is important that they put enough alcohol in the drinks and don't "cheat" anyone out of the correct amount. Wellllllll....I believe Mickey is very nice because the amount of alcohol in the Captain's Mai Tais makes Mickey's friends very happy!

I took a quick video as Andy ordered us up two of them from our lovely bartender Jesse. He was so nice and fun. I love getting to know the CM's, they are really the sweetest people.

The bar had undergone a bit of a Halloween transformation as well which was cool.

After they make these they pour a bit more alcohol on the top. Because there definitely wasn't enough already :rolleyes1

I really love the fact that even the little napkins they put your drinks on have the DCL logo embroidered into them. So cute! To me these are some of the little things that make Disney Cruise Line so great.

Fun fact - the people in the corner behind Andy came up while we were sitting there and we all got talking about the Captain's Mai Tai's and they ended up ordering them as well.

A quick video of the bar area - you can get a peek at the spider web and bat overlays they had on the bar for the HOTHS cruises!

Snapped a few pics of the atrium and surrounding areas on the way to check out our room. The pumpkin tree was so cute.

It was really busy now with people boarding.

I absolutely loved the way the portholes were decorated for Halloween. It was awesome! I mean honestly, could they be any cuter?

We took a really quick sweep through the bar areas. O'Gills was empty and had football playing already.

Look how cute the carpet is! Oh my gosh - love it! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Up next our stateroom and the sail away party!

Joining in!

You sailed after we got off! Interested to see how your week went.

*snip*​
I see quite a few premium tequilas in the bar photos. I think Ive only seen 1492 and maybe Gran Patron listed anywhere for a premium selection. Are these typically stocked and most people dont mention these other tequilas or is this special to this bar/ship? I didnt see them on the Magic last September.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report. I’ve just booked a halloween cruise and am looking forward to reading more about your experience.

Great report! We are hoping to sail with DCL for our honeymoon in a couple of years & I am enjoying reading yours!

Can't wait to read more! We sail on our first DCL cruise on board the Fantasy this coming November! :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!