Tolls on 417

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by friendoffigment, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:45 AM.

1. friendoffigment

friendoffigment Mouseketeer

two questions

1. are there still manned tollbooths on 417 between mco and wdw
    2. is EZ-Pass accepted at all booths on 417 between mco and wow

2. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

Yes, all the booths are manned. It looks like, according to the map, that EZ-Pass stops at John Young, so you would have to go through tollbooths after that area. But, I could be wrong. I've never used EZ-Pass down there...I have a SunPass for my Fl trips.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. joelkfla

joelkfla DIS Veteran

E-ZPass is accepted on 417 between the airport and I-Drive. As long as you get off at the I-Drive exit, which runs into Epcot Center Drive, you'll be OK. If you stay on 417 to the MK or AK/DHS exit, you'll hit either a toll plaza or an exit toll that does not take E-ZPass, and may require exact change. Once you get onto WDW property, you can easily get to any park or resort no matter how you entered.

Remember, toll points that are primarily E-Pass accept E-ZPass; those that are SunPass do not (even though E-Pass may be on the signs in smaller letters.) I think there are also signs along the road that say something like "E-ZPass not accepted beyond this point."

All mainline toll plazas are attended. Exit toll plazas are not and require exact change.

5. katallo

katallo DIS Veteran

Thanks for this update. We will bring our Sunpass. It sounds easier. Since beginning EZ pass, will we have to go through Sunpass only lanes?
    I think in the past we could use Sunpass in E pass lanes. It's strange that EZ pass is so limited.

6. joelkfla

joelkfla DIS Veteran

You should have only one transponder operable in your vehicle. If you have both SunPass & E-ZPass transponders, either leave one at home, or put one of them in an RF-shielding bag. You can use either E-Pass or SunPass lanes for SunPass; even cash lanes will recognize them.

SunPass and E-Pass have always been fully compatible (or "interoperable", officially.) E-Pass was developed in Orlando before SunPass existed. E-ZPass uses a different transponder protocol, but the problem between E-ZPass and SunPass is political, not technical. The Turnpike, which runs SunPass, has not been willing to agree to the terms of the E-Zpass consortium. CFXway, which runs E-Pass, has signed up, and has installed receivers that work with both protocols.

7. katallo

katallo DIS Veteran

THANKS SO MUCH!

8. snowmedic

snowmedic 1500 MIles From the Fort.

I was at Disney end of Dec- beginning of Jan. with ez pass and our sun pass, just checked my ez pass trans actions and my ez pass got hit on the 528 at the Dallas toll then all the toll booths up to the JYP where we exited the toll rd.

From my understanding ez pass was just a portion of 417 as mentioned, have sun pass also and got hit with that on the same tolls.

9. joelkfla

joelkfla DIS Veteran

No, it is accepted at any toll booth operated by CFX, which is any toll booth with E-Pass as the primary signage. That includes all of 408 and parts of 417, 528, 429, and the partially opened Wekiva Pkwy which will eventually connect 429 with I-4 north of Orlando. Possibly also Osceola Pkwy, which I believe is operated by CFX on behalf of Osceola County.

Almost all toll roads in the Orlando area have sections operated by CFX, and other sections operated by the FL Turnpike where E-ZPass is not accepted.

If you notice charges for the same date and time by both SunPass and E-ZPass for driving on CFX roadways, please email your toll transaction statements from both agencies to e-pass@cfxway.com and we will review and assist you with the dispute. If you have any questions or concerns, you can call (800) 353-7277. E-PASS Service Center hours are 8AM-6PM (Monday – Friday).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 10:48 PM
    snowmedic likes this.