Tokyo Disney Resort - Official Disney Fans Meet in 2012

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
Hi Everyone, I wanted to tell you about some plans I'm making...

After much consideration, I've decided to set up and plan a meet for fans of Disney who want to venture to a VERY special and unique Disney Experience, the Tokyo Disney Resort.

I know for many of you would love to go see what this resort is all about, so this is your chance! After seeing it for myself 1 year ago, I was completely enthralled and knew that other fans who haven't been really need to see it.

So I am proposing setting up a big meet of Disney fans from here and other places to meet in 2012. This will hopefully give plenty of time for people to save up and make plans to go.

I've given much thought to the time of year where it will be mild temperatures and not with the massive crowds that TDR gets. So far, the time of year appears that April, or possibly October for the Halloween season would be the two best choices, and I'm looking for feedback on what would work better (Though I realize it seems far away right now)

I've already generated interest from other message boards and have set up a Facebook group, so you can join and keep up with the planning:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=300216578772

that's funny...I am planning a trip for me and my DD in April of 2012. I want to see the cherry blossoms. :)

I did a request to join, unfortunately I dont' believe I will be able to go in 2012, but I would love to hear your planning to help me plan for "someday" :goodvibes I will get there someday, that is a promise I made to myself a long time ago, but financially it will be a struggle. So until then... I dream :wizard:

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make it back there that soon. Our first baby is due in a few weeks, and we're thinking about adding one more to the mix around 2012. We're going to wait to go back until the kids are old enough to really enjoy all the rides and sights. We're already saving up for it! So, if this meet goes well and there are more in the future, maybe we'll be able to make it to one!

BTW, we went in April and it was fabulous...not too crowded, not too hot or cold. When we go back, we'll definitely go in April again...or October.

Thanks for your replies everyone. It does look like April is what most people think is also a good time of year, so I'm planning to go with that. :thumbsup2

More info soon

October is the busiest season of the year in TDR (almost at the same level as Christmas season.) April would be a better time to visit?

October is the busiest season of the year in TDR (almost at the same level as Christmas season.) April would be a better time to visit?

From what I've seen, early to mid April is one of the best times to visit and after getting feedback from some others who plan to attend, we've pretty much decided April it is. :thumbsup2

Cool.

I found a crowd calendar for this April and this may be helpful when you are ready to finalize the dates.

TDL04-10-sunny.png

It's Sun ~ Sat. Numbers in squares are the expected attendence (x1000). If it rains, it goes down by 1/3 or so. (Japanese hate to get wet.) April tends to have a lot of showers so it's possible you have a very low attendence days. That's how it was when I was there in April 2008! Pretty much everything was walk-on. The max we waited was like 5 minutes at the Pooh ride. (May has better weather than April though - drier and mid 70's.)

If you can ping me though PM, I can supply those crowd calendars (I found 2 so far) to you guys. :goodvibes

I'll be going back to TDR in May 2011! :cool1:

Happy planning!

cool, that looks quite useful. How early do they release those estimates?

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make it back there that soon. Our first baby is due in a few weeks, and we're thinking about adding one more to the mix around 2012. We're going to wait to go back until the kids are old enough to really enjoy all the rides and sights. We're already saving up for it! So, if this meet goes well and there are more in the future, maybe we'll be able to make it to one!

BTW, we went in April and it was fabulous...not too crowded, not too hot or cold. When we go back, we'll definitely go in April again...or October.

April isn't too bad, as the Japanese kids are going back to school. However, I would avoid October if you want a less crowded experience. I would have to say that Halloween is their busiest season! That said, no park does Halloween better than Tokyo, it was amazing, but all fast passes were gone by noon, most lines three hours long.:eek: It was crazy, but we still had fun. (As you get closer to the 31st, they actually allow the guests to come in full Disney costume)

I've been there twice at the end of october and I never found the crowds overwhelming. I just made sure to visit mid-week. TDS was quiet anyway and even TDL with all the Halloween stuff going on wasn't too bad.

Another hopeful here! My brother-in-law is getting stationed to Misawa AFB in November, for a total of three years, so of course I'll be going to visit him and dear little sis at least once or twice, and she has PROMISED me trips to TDL!!!

Of course, not sure when that'll be, especially since hubby and I are planning to go to Australia for our anniversary September 2011 . . .

We were planning last week of March 2012, but having heard about crowds (and a meet ;)) we will totally make it mid-April. :)

What a great idea!!!!!!

I'll have to keep that on my radar...

Not sure at this time if I will have the money to go, but just joined facebook to get more info on the meet. I sure hope this works out.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter