Tokelau Refurbishment?

Jalva22

DIS Veteran
Wanting to request Tokelau for a June 7-13 stay but had heard the building may be closing for refurbishment soon. Tikiman, do you think it's safe to request it at this time?

There has been a lot of confusion over dates for buildings to be closed and even as of Saturday they are not sure as to what the dates are which leads me to believe things are changing. Tahiti and Tokelau were scheduled to be down through summer and until I hear anything different from them directly I would consider another location for a request and since requests are not guaranteed I would keep a few locations in mind for when you check in and ask nicely to see if anything else is available but don’t expect to be moved even then with the limited room they will have with the other buildings closed. There is even rumor that Aotearoa will be closed but I don’t know exactly when. They are trying to find out for me.

Aloha

Steve

Thanks Tikiman! If Samoa can be loud and Tokelau may be down, I think I'm leaning toward Rarotonga. Fiji also sounds great but I'd like to be a little closer to the TTC. My 5 yr old and 9 yr old also would probably enjoy a monorail view.

Keep in mind that there are as many reports of Samoa not being loud as there are reports that it is loud so remember they are just opinions. My opinion is there is not much noise from the pool most of the time that you can hear with the door closed in Samoa and also Samoa facing the quiet pool should not have any issues.

I agree that Raraotonga would be a good choice also and I myslef like Fiji but I don't like being on the ohter side of the marina (personal preference)

Aloha

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter