Toddler Wrist Harness

Mamapapa

DIS Veteran
Where on earth do you buy these things? :confused3 I've heard they work great and I refuse to use the full harness, but I can't find the wrist ones anywhere. Someone said Toys-R-Us, but they don't have it on their website. Do they have it in most stores? Any help is greatly appreciated - I'm running out of time! :eek:

I don't believe they make them anymore. They aren't comfortable at all and don't really do the job that they were intended for. This one:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2969579

is the full harness and works wonderfully and doesn't chafe or pull on the child. Why would you not want to use the full harness? It's just for safety and you will see tons of kids wearing them. Much better than losing your small child. In the crowds they can be gone in an instant. Here is my DS wearing the safety 1st one at WDW, you can see it's not a lot of material or anything.

IMG_9672.jpg

We have the goldbug child safety harness and you can see it on the Walmart site. Its a little soft toy - dog/bear/monkey etc which cuddles the back of the child like a little backpack. Its lovely as its so cute and the "tail" attaches to the back so it doesn't pull on the childs chest.

I can't post a link as it says my post count is too low!

Its $10 in the US ( I paid the equivalent of $40 here! Grrrrrr!!!! ) so quite good value.

Lx

Whoever told you that they worked great lied. They tire the child's arm and they can be gotten out of in seconds -- a favorite trick of your average smart tot is to take the lead off his/her wrist and hook Mommy to a bush or a fence rail, then wander happily off.

Use a full harness. Safer, more comfortable, and MUCH harder for the rascal to shuck off.

We bought the full harness one at Walmart - it looks very similar to the one posted above, except ours is red and has a smiling elmo where that one says safety first.

We have been testing it out with walks around the house :lmao: and she seems to tolerate it.

THE LEASH PART CLIPS ONTO THE BACK OF THE HARNESS BUT IT ALSO CAN BE USED AS JUST A WRIST LEASH. There is velco on the one end, and instructions on the back telling you how to do so.

I also saw the wrist leashes at Toy's R Us. they were 3.49. The harness with the wrist thing was 5.88 at Walmart, and I also saw one at our local grocery store in the baby isle for 6.99.

I did put the wrist leash on her wrist here and she didnt seem to mind that here at home either. Hope you find something that works for you!

I am very interested in this thread as we have twins. Are the full harness ones at Walmart in the baby section? They do look more comfortable for the child than the wrist one. Hmmm, lots to think about.

Oh, and thanks for posting that picture, Delmar411.

I am very interested in this thread as we have twins. Are the full harness ones at Walmart in the baby section? They do look more comfortable for the child than the wrist one. Hmmm, lots to think about.

Yes, they are in the baby section. Walmart carries the plush stuffed animal one for I think 9.88??? and the harness one (like the one above but red with Elmo) for 5.88. They were hanging by the car windowshades I think?? The stuffed animal ones are on a shelf near the bottom, and the harness on is just a small package hanging on a peg..... HTH!

I found the wrist one at our small Toys R Us hanging on a metal rack at the end of the baby gear isle......

I think I got it at Babies R Us - a harness that was actually attached to a fanny pack. It worked great for a little bit older child. My dd got to wear her fanny pack w/ her goodies in it and had no idea I was attached to the back. But for younger kids I prefer the full body ones. The wrist ones pull on their little arms and are very easy to get out of.

the backpack ones are cute at walmart. i was at brs today and even saw a cute little purse harness for a little girl!!

Another buyer of the animal backpack leash from Target. It's so soft and fuzzy, and has a little spot where they can put something small to carry in the backpack part. We used it at the Field Museum in Chicago, and he put a car in it.

I will say that he thought it was the coolest thing at home, but when it came to being somewhere that he wanted to dart off, as he usually does, he got really angry! He ended up choosing to sit in the stroller or be carried! But hey, that's fine by me!

we have the Elmo one we bought at Walmart. I'm pretty sure with this one you have the option of wrist or full harness. She didn't mind wearing this at all. Loved it cause it had Elmo on it. I liked how easy it was to unclip the strap when we didn't need it and leave the harness on.

P9050783.jpg
(Sorry the pic is so big...can't quite figure out how to make it smaller. First time posting a pic. LOL)

Another buyer of the animal backpack leash from Target. It's so soft and fuzzy, and has a little spot where they can put something small to carry in the backpack part. We used it at the Field Museum in Chicago, and he put a car in it.

I will say that he thought it was the coolest thing at home, but when it came to being somewhere that he wanted to dart off, as he usually does, he got really angry! He ended up choosing to sit in the stroller or be carried! But hey, that's fine by me!

That was my question . . . do you use these because your children do no like sitting in a stroller? Not sure DH would like us using one, but I am scared to death of DD wondering off when we go next year.

That was my question . . . do you use these because your children do no like sitting in a stroller? Not sure DH would like us using one, but I am scared to death of DD wondering off when we go next year.

Yup - DD/2 last trip wanted to walk all day every day! I felt much better knowing she couldn't go far when she pulled her hand away & took off. She's normally very good about staying w/me, but in disney it's too scary, there are too many people & too much to grab her attention & make her want to go check it out w/ or w/out me!!

We used them because my kids are runners. The baby was just a year and half and while he loved to walk around I couldn't watch 3 little ones at the same time. Keeps him close by to us w/ still giving him enough freedom to explore.
He still needed the stroller but when he wanted out to walk or waiting in lines when you couldn't have a stroller, it was very handy.

We also have the animal backpack ones from walmart but at WDW it's so hot that I figured the baby would be uncomfortable in it. And they can't wear it all the time since it is a backpack so it would have to come off for the stroller and naps and such.

That purse one is adorable though! I've never seen that one before.

Our Target sells the animal backpack leash too. And at Babies R Us I found a pink purse harness. It can be used as a purse, or put on the cross body strap with a leash to turn it into a harness. DD loved it and they made a boy style too. Wouldnt be as hot in the summer as the animal backpacks.

Heres a link to the girls: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2815284

And for the boys: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2815285

Those are really cute! I hadn't seen those styles before. I own one of the Safety First ones, but I haven't had to use it yet, but it has been in the diaper bag for at least three Disney trips at least! So far, DS has been good about either sitting in the stroller or staying close enough that I haven't needed it, but I still take it along just in case! I love the backpack one. He might really WANT to wear that one. Wish i had come up with the idea..that's a great one!

Just wanted to say, I just took dd outside for her first 'walk' on the harness leash. :rotfl:

She is such a headstrong child, and our sidewalk is RIGHT by the street, so she always has to ride in the stroller when we walk on our street.

She LOVED it! She was running and skipping - the leash didnt bother her at all! She was just so happy to be free from the stroller! If you are on the fence about one of these, GO FOR IT! We did stop at the neighbors' house, and he had a good laugh:lmao: but for Disney I can really see this being a very practical investment if you have a headstrong LO like I do. :thumbsup2

We have the red elmo one from wal-mart, too. We got it for my 2 year old but I'm not sure if he'll like it or not. I've tried the wrist one on and thought it was pretty uncomfortable. The full harness looked like it would be more comfortable and not bother them as much.

We have the monkey one from Walmart. We named her Georgetta and my mom even sewed a bow on her head - LOL ( don't ask!). My daughter likes it and we have used it the past couple of trips. I love that I don't have to worry about where she is or might run off to.

My dd is 12 so things have been upgraded a bit but we had a wrist attached harness that my DD loved to disconnect from her wrist when I wasn't looking so when we went to disney and I was distracted I would attach it to the back loop of her jeans no worries for me and freedom for her to "roam" yes I got the looks but I didn't care with so much going it was for my piece of mind that she was secure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter