Toddler Finger Foods at Disney - Ideas??

Alderbrook

DIS Veteran
I plan on taking a bunch of food for my 15 month old to disney for snacks, but what's down there that you guys have used? She won't eat grapes or melon which I know is the staple of their fruit selection. She doesn't eat baby food anymore but I'm taking pears & sweet potato so she'll get her fiber.

Any ideas you guys have used for foods you can get in the parks or hotel quick service restaurant?

She's kind of picky so I'm worried she'll have enough to eat there (we are ordering from garden grocer too).

Edited to add that she doesn't have any molars yet.

I plan on taking a bunch of food for my 15 month old to disney for snacks, but what's down there that you guys have used? She won't eat grapes or melon which I know is the staple of their fruit selection. She doesn't eat baby food anymore but I'm taking pears & sweet potato so she'll get her fiber.

Any ideas you guys have used for foods you can get in the parks or hotel quick service restaurant?

She's kind of picky so I'm worried she'll have enough to eat there (we are ordering from garden grocer too).

Edited to add that she doesn't have any molars yet.

I vote for the turkey leg. Everybody likes a turkey leg :) Should keep her busy for the day ;) Sorry, can't help on this one.

I took my 15 month old last year. We gave him veggies, waffles, ham, (he had no molars yet either, we cut up the ham in small pieces) They had lots of blackbeerries (something he never had before and he loved them the most). They also have Banna's at every meal. He loved the rice, pasta, at breakfast there was always cereal.

We mostly did buffets, so there was a lot of choice and if he didn't eat it we didn't care. Plus he was free eating there.

We stayed offsite, so I made dinner at home, always carried his favourite snacks with me. The one thing is Milk is 2% and not whole milk, you can find it in some places if you ask for it. I didn't worry about that, as for one week having 2% milk wasn't going to be an issue (child number 4).

The restaurant we had the most trouble with was Chef de France. The kids meals were alll fancier than he would eat, and he ended up with bread that meal, but I had apple slices on me so he was happy.

My son is allergic to eggs and nuts, so we couldn't have eggs - but there were a lot of french toast and other offerings like that as well.

Honestly it was my 8 and 7 year old that was more of an issue when it came to eating. One year all they ate was bread and butter and french fries (that was when they were 3 and 4), they are so picky (thank fully they eat fruit though)

Also the baby care centres do have baby snacks, so if you are really frustrated you can check out what they have.

My son had a fabulous time at 15 months. He loved every minute.

One thing I would suggest is a baby wearing carrier of some kid while you are standing in ride lines. I brought my ERGO and it was fabulous.

When we took our 16 month old, I went to Walmart and stocked up on those refrigerated snack packs (kind of like lunchables). Some had sliced lunch meat with cheese and crackers other ones I bought had fruit, pretzels and cheese. She ate a lot of this. Then she would just have bits of whatever meals we ordered in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter