Today's the day to make ADRs 5/31......

Called in at 7:00 (also had to endure Splash Mtn Theme ;) ). Was on hold for 8 minutes, got a very pleasant CM (Constance).

I had a mixed experience. I couldn't get Chef Mickey's or Boma on 8/29 (had to choose different days for both), and I couldn't get Le Cellier on 9/4 (didn't try another day).

Here's what I got. All in all I'm satisfied because I did manage to get my "must haves" (Chef Mickey's and Boma), but I didn't get my first choice date/time on either restaurant:

8/29: Still don't know... I couldn't get my choices
8/30: Plaza (12:00 pm)
8/31: Les Chefs de France (12:00 pm)
9/1: Sci Fi (12:20 pm)
9/2: Chef Mickeys (5:05 pm)
9/3: Boma (7:10 pm)
9/4: Cape May Cafe (6:00 pm)

One thing the CM told my is that the system only searches for a time window that you provide. It seems to default to getting the closest time to the earliest time in your range. It is only showing the CM one time that fits the reservation criteria. So if you are giving them a range, hoping to shoot for something in the middle, you may want to start with a narrow range and widen it to get your time. I like lunch at 12:30, so I started by giving a 1 hour range (12 - 1 for lunch), and noticed at first I was getting the noon time exactly. By the third reservation, I changed to a smaller range, I got a time closer to 12:30.

Good luck everyone!

Well I finally got back thru after my call was lost... The reservations I made were still in the system. Whew!

Here is what I got.....

8/29 Teppan Edo 7:30 pm
8/30 Tony's 6:30 pm
8/31 Sci Fi 7 pm
9/1 Le Cellier 12 pm (could only get lunch..no dinners for 9/1 or 9/2 for us)
9/2 Kona 7 pm
9/3 Ohana 8:30 am
9/4 Coral Reef 12 pm

Called right at 7:00AM, there goes my one day a week to sleep in.:sad2:

Got lucky though, got right through to a CM with no wait. But man, their new system is slow. Took 30 minutes but I can't complain because I got all my reservations except one and that was one we didn't really care about. Who would have thought that Mama Melrose would be the one I couldn't get. There is no doubt that the reduced Fantasmic schedule is making the DHS restaurants tougher to get.

Here is my list:
Aug 29, 6:15 - Crystal Palace - got to start things off with MK
Aug 30, 7:00 - Chefs de France - Illuminations night
Aug 31, 7:00 - Wolfgang Puck Cafe - replaces Mama Melrose
Sep 1, 7:30 - Raglan Road - Guinness & Bread Pudding :thumbsup2
Sep 2, 7:00 - Kona Cafe - My son loves the appetizers here
Sep 3, 7:10 - Boma - best buffet at WDW in our opinion
Sep 4, 7:35 - Le Cellier - a must for all good Canadians
Sep 5, 8:05 - 'Ohana - eat til we explode :lmao:
Sep 6, 7:05 - The Wave then walk to MK for our last night

Now its time to go back to bed.

Called right at 7:00AM, there goes my one day a week to sleep in.:sad2:

Got lucky though, got right through to a CM with no wait. But man, their new system is slow. Took 30 minutes but I can't complain because I got all my reservations except one and that was one we didn't really care about. Who would have thought that Mama Melrose would be the one I couldn't get. There is no doubt that the reduced Fantasmic schedule is making the DHS restaurants tougher to get.

Here is my list:
Aug 29, 6:15 - Crystal Palace - got to start things off with MK
Aug 30, 7:00 - Chefs de France - Illuminations night
Aug 31, 7:00 - Wolfgang Puck Cafe - replaces Mama Melrose
Sep 1, 7:30 - Raglan Road - Guinness & Bread Pudding :thumbsup2
Sep 2, 7:00 - Kona Cafe - My son loves the appetizers here
Sep 3, 7:10 - Boma - best buffet at WDW in our opinion
Sep 4, 7:35 - Le Cellier - a must for all good Canadians
Sep 5, 8:05 - 'Ohana - eat til we explode :lmao:
Sep 6, 7:05 - The Wave then walk to MK for our last night

Now its time to go back to bed.

We'll be at Boma at the exact same time. I have to agree with you about it being the best buffet in WDW :thumbsup2

Called exactly at 7, on hold for 23 minutes, got EVERYTHING we wanted (within 15 minutes)...

8/30 CRT lunch 12:15
8/31 Yak and Yeti 12:00
9/1 Prime Time 11:25
9/1 Chef Mickey's 5:25
9/2 Tutto Italia 12:00
9/3 LTT 12:00
9/4 Crystal Palace 8:25

Hope everyone gets what they want!

I was on hold @ 7 listening to the Splash Mtn music too! Got everything I wanted except LeCellier(dinner) - couldn't get 9/3 or 9/4. I did get Crystal Palace at 8:05 - hopefully my guesses are right for park hours for the Sept days of our trip.
Overall a lot better than I anticipated with all the talk of ADR trouble recently!

Anyone else couldn't get Fantasmic Package? The package had not loaded in the system yet? There were ressies for the 3 restaurants, but none with the package attached.

Also, every other time I've made ressies I get the confirmation number for each restaurant as I book it. This time they waited until the end and gave them all. I asked if we got disconnected would I still have all the already selected ressies, and the CM said that depended on how far into the process we were????

I was with you all at 5:00 AM my time... I laughed when I read the Splash Mountain thing...I heard it too. But fter that I was through and got most of what I wanted. Unfortunately the one I couldn't get at all was for my DS birthday breakfast...I felt like a bad mom! He wanted Ohana breakfast, but I could only get Chef Mickey. So far he's taking it like a champ; I'm the only one feeling upset about it, I think. Here's what we got:
8/30 7:00 AM Chef Mickey (DS birthday)
6:40 PM Whispering Canyon
9/1 6:30 PM Teppan Edo
9/2 8:05 AM Tusker House
6:30 PM Tutto Italia
9/3 8:50 PM Ohana
9/4 7:35 PM Le Cellier (my birthday)
9/5 6:30 PM Kona
9/6 6:40 PM The Wave
9/7 7:30 AM Kona
I'm mostly happy. Hope you all had good luck.:goodvibes

I made mine this morning too. Was up at 7:00 am to make them. I was on hold for about 20 minutes before I got a CM. CM was great. She worked with me on adjusting the times. I was giving her a 1 hour range, 5:30 to 6:30, for most of them. Most of the time I was getting offered 5:30 times when I really wanted 6:15 times. Here is what I got:

8/29/09 - 'Ohana - 5:00 pm
8/30/09 - Tomy's - 6:15 pm
8/31/09 - Wave - 5:50 pm
9/1/09 - Chefs de France - 5:50 pm
9/2/09 - Tutto Italia - 6:30 pm
9/3/09 - 1900 Park Faire - 8:30 am
9/3/09 - 50's Prime Time - 5:45 pm
9/4/09 - Kona - 5:35 pm
9/5/09 - Boma - 7:05 pm
9/6/09 - Whispering Canyon - 6:30 pm
9/7/09 - LeCellier - 6:15 pm
9/8/09 - Kona - 6:25 pm

I also made a BBB reservation. Hopefully, once the September hours come out I won't have to move too much around. I did my best to figure out when to go where but I really had no idea.

Congratulations to everyone who got their wish... ;)

I'm curious... How did you pick your restaurants after Sept. 1 without knowing the hours and schedule of shows (Fantasmic, Spectro).

Am I the only one bothering with this for my ressies ???

Still waiting for September hours... :surfweb:

Thierry

For me, it was just guessing and faith. Spectro and Fantasmic are shown within our first three days, so I just planned all of that at the beginning. I feel better getting the ADR's, especially since it was slim pickins' today at 90 days out! If I have to change some things around, I will, but at least I have Plan A in place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter