Today's Ceremonies at Epcot were very cool

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
Hey Folks

Kevin and I are back from Epcot for the 25th anniversary/rededication ceremony.

Bob and Corey are going back to try to get pics and video of the special illuminations tonight - if it doesn't rain on them (it’s raining here now).

It was very cool - very nice rededication ceremony and had a chance to hear Marty Sklar speak. I have seen him before but I could listen to every day if I had a chance.

We even bought some of the limited edition merchandise from today - hmmm, do you think they would make for a good pod cast give-away? I will have to see what Pete thinks about that :rolleyes1

We'll be sharing a lot more on the pod cast - I hope you all listen.

John

Chances are good that if we're here, we're listening. Can't wait to hear how it all went!

Hey Folks

Kevin and I are back from Epcot for the 25th anniversary/rededication ceremony.

Bob and Corey are going back to try to get pics and video of the special illuminations tonight - if it doesn't rain on them (it’s raining here now).

It was very cool - very nice rededication ceremony and had a chance to hear Marty Sklar speak. I have seen him before but I could listen to every day if I had a chance.

We even bought some of the limited edition merchandise from today - hmmm, do you think they would make for a good pod cast give-away? I will have to see what Pete thinks about that :rolleyes1

John

Or you could just send it to me. I'll take good care of it.;)

I'm so excited!!! Were you able to record any of the Marty Sklar talk? I would love to hear him speak :yay: I can't wait to hear all about today's festivities!

I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics & video.

Personally, I think you should eBay all the stuff you bought and use the proceeds to throw one heck of a podcast meet...OK, TWO heck of a meets :teeth: Just kidding!

I can't wait to hear all about it and see the pics & video.

Personally, I think you should eBay all the stuff you bought and use the proceeds to throw one heck of a podcast meet...OK, TWO heck of a meets :teeth: Just kidding!

omg ur signature is adorable!

I think the stuff should be put on ebay too.. haha ;)

Awesome-I'm so jealous of you who got to go!

Illuminations last night was awesome!!! The fireworks were delayed because of the heavy rains right about 9 o clock. I got soaked but it was worth it. The extra fireworks to the music of different parades and attractions were great.

Here are a couple of my photos . . .

25-1.jpg

25.jpg

sklar.jpg

sklar-1.jpg

mjy.....great pictures thanks for sharing.

I am super jealous of everyone that got to go. I wanted to be there but it just wasn't possible. Can't wait to see more pics and hear about it on the podcast. :)

You're welcome.

I'm not the best photographer in the world, but some of the other pics that I took that day can be found here: http://pics.dvcdisneyandme.com/main.php?g2_itemId=4811

Those are great ! Thanks for sharing with us. Can I ask what they were doing when the CM's were holding up different signs with the pavilions/attraction names on them? Just going over the parks history ?

Those are great ! Thanks for sharing with us. Can I ask what they were doing when the CM's were holding up different signs with the pavilions/attraction names on them? Just going over the parks history ?

They paraded in at the beginning of the program. They were representatives of Future World, so they held signs for each of the locations.

Later in the show, they had a "pouring ceremony." Representatives from each of the countries in World Showcase came forward. They were dressed in costumes of their country and one person from each country had a vessel of some sort -- a jug, an ornate pitcher, et cetera -- with water representing a major body of water in their country. They were to pour the water into the fountain as they did when EPCOT first opened.

One of the lighter moments took place when they introduced the members of the United States holding water from the Mighty Mississippi. Someone in the crowd shouted, "Don't pour that in the fountain. It will pollute it!" All the people in earshot got a real kick out of that! :)

fountain.jpg

One of the lighter moments took place when they introduced the members of the United States holding water from the Mighty Mississippi. Someone in the crowd shouted, "Don't pour that in the fountain. It will pollute it!" All the people in earshot got a real kick out of that! :)

hahahhahahaha that's funny.. but sadly true

They paraded in at the beginning of the program. They were representatives of Future World, so they held signs for each of the locations.

Later in the show, they had a "pouring ceremony." Representatives from each of the countries in World Showcase came forward. They were dressed in costumes of their country and one person from each country had a vessel of some sort -- a jug, an ornate pitcher, et cetera -- with water representing a major body of water in their country. They were to pour the water into the fountain as they did when EPCOT first opened.

fountain.jpg

That sounds really cool ! Thanks for explaining it and I love the picture. I really wish I could have been there...EPCOT was a family favorite for us and it holds a special place in my childhood memories :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!