Today's Announcements

tfc3rid

DIS Veteran
Nice article in the Orlando Sentinel about the press briefing today. I am not expecting anything Earth Shattering... Simply Soarin', more on Expedition Everest... I think that is about it...

WDWMAGIC says that Stitch and the Motor Stunt Show were also officially announced. Steve has concept art for Stitch on his site.

Originally posted by thedscoop
3. Good news: The children play free promotion will really have some actual savings value, especially if you have several kids between 3-9 years old.
According to the e-mail I got from Dreams Unlimited yesterday, the promo is limited to one child per adult. Can anyone confirm this?

Optimism is indeed the exclusive bounty of the "east coast" joint.

Are we throwing caution to the Easternly wind?

I'm in.

anyway -
Where's the info on this magical gatherings promo? and......

What are the chances of cashing in on something with my entourage this month?

I wonder if Pixar is working on Stitch?
Why would they be??

Bad news: Soarin' will be Soarin Over California with simply a different ending. Maybe I should really label this "kind of bad" news because the California film in and of itself was really well done with some exciting and even humorous moments.
This is still so darn disappointing. I am very happy the attraction is coming to WDW, but so sad that we are getting an entirely irrelavent [to Central Florida, Epcot, Future World, The Land] film. This (to me) is the clearest example yet of how the philosophy shift has taken place. I'd love to know specifically what the total cost of building the attraction is, and exactly how much more it would cost to shoot enough new film to make it "Soarin' over America" or "Soarin' over the Land."

According to the e-mail I got from Dreams Unlimited yesterday, the promo is limited to one child per adult. Can anyone confirm this?

The promotion I received with my Disney Visa statement clearly limited this promotion to one free child admission (ages 3-9) for each paying adult within a package.

I got to see PhilharMagic today - what a fun show that is. An easy D-Ticket, bordering on E. Lots of 3D effects, for the most part wonderful animation, wonderful theming considering this is Fantasyland, and an *INDOOR QUEUE*, of which there are not many in Fantasyland. The gift shop looks nice as well. Alien Encounter is no longer on the Magic Kingdom guidemap.
Construction for Soarin appears to be underway behind the Imagination pavilion. There's a tall crane and tall pile of dirt back there, as well as a bunch of construction trailers.
Mission: SPACE had Test-Track type lines today with over 120 minutes standby, 60 minute singles, and a FastPass line that was at least 30 minutes long at time, which is really bad considering that M:S was supposed to be specifically designed for optimal FP performance. A new warning sign has been added since my last visit with a whole array of motion sickness warnings!
Preps for the Food and Wine Festival are well underway as well.
As for crowds - it was quite busy, but that is to be expected in October.

several solid C&D tickets, a beautiful new resort (no, I'm not referring to Pop Century), and some really nice updates like the WS films and new Disney Studios skylines.

Ok, I'm intrigued. Can you elaborate a little? ;) Is the new resort Saratoga Springs or are we to see a whole new themed resort? Does this also mean a few new, smaller additions to the attractions, too? I know China has already updated their film. (I have yet to see it) Are France and Canada updating, too? These announcements sound promising. I am begininng to feel the tingles of some excitement.

(Unfortunately, I tried M:S last week and it's not for me. It left me light headed and a bit woozy. I followed all the tricks to not feel that way. I didn't turn my head and I totally focused on the screen.) :(

Originally posted by wdwguide
I got to see PhilharMagic today - what a fun show that is. An easy D-Ticket, bordering on E. Lots of 3D effects, for the most part wonderful animation, wonderful theming considering this is Fantasyland, and an *INDOOR QUEUE*, of which there are not many in Fantasyland. The gift shop looks nice as well. Alien Encounter is no longer on the Magic Kingdom guidemap.
Construction for Soarin appears to be underway behind the Imagination pavilion. There's a tall crane and tall pile of dirt back there, as well as a bunch of construction trailers.
Mission: SPACE had Test-Track type lines today with over 120 minutes standby, 60 minute singles, and a FastPass line that was at least 30 minutes long at time, which is really bad considering that M:S was supposed to be specifically designed for optimal FP performance. A new warning sign has been added since my last visit with a whole array of motion sickness warnings!
Preps for the Food and Wine Festival are well underway as well.
As for crowds - it was quite busy, but that is to be expected in October.

Can some one explain what an "E" and "D" ticket ride is? I have seen it around this board and do not know what it is.

About the wait for M:S ride wow!!! we were there on oct 1st and had no line at all...lucky me!! well untill the ride ended and I felt kinda funny.... ::yes::

Thanks a bunch
Mike

Can some one explain what an "E" and "D" ticket ride is?
It goes back to the original Disneyland ticket books. The rides were rated, first A to D, and later A to E. "A's" were the least popular rides, generally shorter and less immersive. "E's" were longer and more immersive.

Is anyone a little surprised they announced Soarin' but there was no mention of a revamp to Living Seas? I expected more, since it seemed Eisner had already said it was a go.

Could someone please tell us what the 4 new attractions announced were?

Thanks

Nothing new, especially if you read this board very often, but here's what they announced officially:

Expedition Everest at AK -- rollercoaster style attraction that will go forward and backward, scheduled to open 2006.

Stitch's Great Escape at MK -- this replaces Alien Encounter and is really just a refurb of the existing ride. It's set pre-movie and involves a trial in which the attendees are recruited to serve as extra security. Renderings show Stitch in a beam on a platform in the middle of a circular room with guests seated around it -- looks an awful lot like the final room of AE. This opens fall of 2004.

Soarin Over California at Epcot -- Hopes of another movie seem to be dashed, as all the announcements and press materials bill this as "Soarin' Over California" but it's still cool. It will be added to the Land pavilion and opens in 2005.

Stunt Spectactular at MK -- the show from DL Paris is coming as part of a huge renovation of the entire backlot. A 5,000-seat ampitheater will be installed, along with video screens to show different angles and editing. It will be a behind-the-scenes type show just like Indiana Jones. They also plan to refurb the backlot and add at least two more cityscapes (Chicago and San Francisco). This is all supposed to open in 2005.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter