Toasters in Rooms?

roxwithears

Mouseketeer
I noticed a few people on the DIS Disney Tip board have mentioned they bring a toaster and save money on breakfast. Do alot of people do this and does the resort care?

I think there may have been some that might like to take a toaster with them but they are not allowed. I can't imagine anyone wanting to smell burnt toast from the next room anyway! FYI, all the food courts have toasters that you can use. Please use them.

Thanks. I kind of thought that would be the case. We are thinking of staying at the Poly in Apr 06. Does anyone know which area I would find a toaster there?

roxwithears said:
Thanks. I kind of thought that would be the case. We are thinking of staying at the Poly in Apr 06. Does anyone know which area I would find a toaster there?

Yes they have two toasters. One that kind of moves the stuff past the elements and another regular toaster.

Toasters are not allowed, who would want to cook in theor room and the circuits are not meant to handle that load plus with the tv and refridgeator plus any other plug in crap you bring. You blow the circuit breaker and have to call maintenance, they'll know you have something huge you're trying to use.

Toasters are in home away from home resorts only.

However, you should be able to use toasters in the food courts with no problem.

You can bring your own food, food you bought at the grocery store for example, and use the toasters at the food courts at the resorts??

golfgal said:
You can bring your own food, food you bought at the grocery store for example, and use the toasters at the food courts at the resorts??

Sure. When we are at the Poly I rarely even see the two toasters being used. I can't imagine anyone can even tell where you bought your bagel, bread, or pop tart from. They sell all that stuff at the food place at the Poly.

I realize that they have them in the DVC villas, but toasters can also set off the smoke alarms in small sized hotels rooms. I work with a youth conference that had to ban their participants from bringing them to the hotel after having to deal with several fire alarms (complete with trucks from the FD) that turned out to be the result of overdone toast or pop tarts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter