to those who've gotten a pillowcase autographed by the characters

BigJon

will work for Dole Whip
Next month will be my 12th cruise, and I'm taking a couple of pillowcases, and dropping them off at guest services to be autographed by the characters. This will be the first time I've done this. And I want advice from the experts. I'm thinking a white pillowcase, and a black marker. Should it be a fabric marker? Is a permanet marker just as good? Should I get another color marker? Thanks in advance for the info.

Next month will be my 12th cruise, and I'm taking a couple of pillowcases, and dropping them off at guest services to be autographed by the characters. This will be the first time I've done this. And I want advice from the experts. I'm thinking a white pillowcase, and a black marker. Should it be a fabric marker? Is a permanet marker just as good? Should I get another color marker? Thanks in advance for the info.

I used a white pillowcase- put a disney iron on in the center--I gave 4 different color sharpie markers and it came out great. highly recommend using multi colored markers

We did fabric markers (i think i found them in Target in the Crayola section). I took out the yellow one on the advice of others.

I really liked the look of the mixture of all the colors. It made it look fun!!!

I haven't done this; however, I have had success with having autographs signed using a Sharpie on clothing. They come in different colors.

We gave them sharpies in multiple colors to autograph with. Each character chose a different color. Looks great!! :thumbsup2

I got one embroidered with ds's name and the date of our cruise to be signed by the characters.

We bought a really cute pillow case from Etsy that was embroidered in bright colored rainbow thread that said "Peace (peace sign), :love:, Disney. I bought a pack of the bright colored retractable Sharpies, and gave the CMs a couple of bags of candy. It turned out great!!

I suggest different colors as well. ( and maybe some candy in the bag ! - totally optional ) We used the free pillowcase the kids get if they go to the PJ party in the lab / club - that seemed to make it extra special for my kids :)

I dropped one on magic with a bunch of different colored sharpies and the colors bled through from one sie of pillow case to other. I left one on wonder with some $$ and chocolates and no color bled through. I left one on dream with $ and chocolates -Mickey did a good job and returned the cash with a nice note that $ was unnecessary and thanked me for the sweets. Dark sharpie colors work well. The yellow sharpie faded badly after first wash. In retrospect I'd buy multiple cases try out the pens and launder as usual to determine if u like the results.

I had the same lady who made our FE use the same mickey characters for each child on the Fe, embroider the same mickey head and name on each pillow case. I placed them in a plastic baggie with colored sharpies and a bunch of packs of gum for the cast members. Very cute, came on the last day to our cabin!

We did fabric markers (i think i found them in Target in the Crayola section). I took out the yellow one on the advice of others.

We also used fabric markers and I SHOULD have removed the yellow - fortunately only 1 character used yellow so most of it looks really good. Instead of a pillow case we used a white child-size apron -- DD has a special apron to wear and remember her trip!

Thanks for the tip on the yellow markers! I will make sure to remove this one from the pack. I purchased some fabric markers so I'm hoping they won't bleed through the pillowcase. But you know....if they do, I'll just have to convince my DH that we'll need to go on another Disney cruise so that we can redo them. :thumbsup2

They look really good framed,kind of wish I bought a pillow case instead of a fram and matting.if you plain on letting the kids sleep on the pillow case spray scotch for fabric on first

Here are pictures of my girls pillow cases that we had signed on our 1st 7-night Disney cruise:

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

I used King Size 100% cotton white pillow cases and had them embroidered with the info we wanted to use. Then I submitted the fabric pens along w/ the cases for signing. I liked the idea of multiple colors instead of just black, but really, it's your choice.

HTHs!:thumbsup2

We did two pillowcases as well and used fabric pens. They look great!

However, another great idea for everyone is a shirt. Our teen daughter made a pirate shirt in the Vibe club and then turned it in to have all the characters sign it. She LOVES it!!! :cool1:

They look really good framed,kind of wish I bought a pillow case instead of a fram and matting.if you plain on letting the kids sleep on the pillow case spray scotch for fabric on first

Spray Scotch Guard on it BEFORE signing? I want to do this for ds this summer but also want to allow him to actually USE the pillowcase if he wants. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter