To the Pinpics police....

daber

DIS Veteran
I finally did it. I got a pic on the database for the Gurgi pin + two hot air balloons, the Mickey in the Party hat and the WDW Castle 20th birthday. YEAH!!!

Cool!
Now ya wanna give us the Pin Pic #'s?!?!?! :)

Kathy

just check What's new any pins that have pics added will show up there. I am soooooo proud of you Dave. My heart is full..HEHE

5032, 4668, 3128 Are the pin numbers. They showed up as edits instead of Adds because he went through the edit function as the pins creater instead of the add a picture link under the grey circle. Actually we are glad this happened because it is not something that we had thought of. Britt is going to fix this. Thanks Daber appreciate it...

OK, they could be a little "DUH", but...

Some questions for the police from me: Why do we want to keep in the database the fantasy pins and others that aren't Dis copyrighted?

I am getting a little confused by the creation of several sub groups and sub categories, specially when I look up the "What's new" section and several of them are lined up. What is their end goal? I mean, will a search enable us to search those subcategories in the future, like those we click on/off in the search webpage at the present?

Wanda

Yes there will be a new origin that will be fantasy. There will also be a sponsor origin. As well as an umbrella for Europe and one for Japan which will include all Japan pins so that when you want to do a search of Japan pins you don't have the confusion of those that put the JDS ones under DS because there isn't a better catagory.

As for why they are in the database its because many of the collectors like them and collect them. I am not sure when we will have new Cat. up but it will probably be by the end of the month. Britt has put it off because it is going to create a huge amount of work for the PinPics police... LOL And he is bogged down with his real job right now. Once he gets this release out we will be doing another go at the database to update the last few things that we would like to get done.

ok in the meantime. It would really help if everyone did the following when you add a pin so that when the new origins are in place there is less overlap.

All Japan pins whatever their purchase location can you put them under DL Japan even the DSJ ones.

All Europe ones whether they be German or French or Spanish can you put them under DL Paris. Including England. This is a temp solution but it will help us when it comes time for us to redo them into their new origins to have them all in one place like this.

thanks for you help guys..

Ok Wanda I just reread your post and I think I understand your confusion now. The Pin Groups that are list in on the What's new page are just that Pin Groups from that section of PinPics. Everyone can create a pin group of what they want. Such as press pins or POM. When someone adds a pin to their pin group it will show up in What's new for those that are interested in them. If you don't look at the Pin Group section of PinPics then just ignore those. They are not PinPics created sub cat. or anything like that they are created by the users to help keep track of the pins. Such as those that collect all the pooh ones and want to know how many different kind of Pooh ones are out there can go to that Pin Group and see them all without doing a search. Hope this clears it up. If you have any other questions feel free to email me...Figgy

The pin groups are there for those of us that want to collect a particular type, theme or series of pins. If a pin is in a pin group the names of those groups appear under the listing info for each pin in the group. They are direct links to the group which allows you to see similarly themed pins like the Villains pins :D and or series like the Mickey and Pals 100 years of Magic pins.

I just want to say "thank you" to all of you. I have been really impressed with the improvements in PinPics; especially the Trade Assistant. Thank you very much for making it so much more efficient. For those who haven't tried using it since the upgrade, give it a whirl. I think you'll be very pleased with how it works now.

Now for the dumb question of the day.......Is it possible to download a pin picture from e-bay and then upload it to pinpics?
If so, then the two pins I added yesterday could have pictures!

Yes you can but you have to ask sellers permission. I have gotten several pics that way. Sellers are usually very cooperative and happy to let you have the image...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter