To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

BWAHAHAHA, This is exactly what I was going to say! One time I was going through the turnstiles somewhere (I believe it was HM) and the one on the left was going really slow and the one on the right was cruising so I took my girlfriend by the hand and went to the right and got through the turnstiles at least 5 people ahead of the person who was immediately in front of me. Then once we were through there was room ALL the way up the right side almost to the door and the castmember was saying "Please fill all available space" so I walked allll the way up, as did the line of people who followed me and some lady started throwing a hissy fit yelling at all of us and the cast member saying we were cutting. It's not my fault that I followed the directions and she didn't.

Oh and PS...that red light trick...haha:-)

Also, the line to the left for POTC is actually a lot shorter (distance wise) than the right. I paced them both out. The line on the left enters the boats from the left whereas the line to the right has to go up and over the water and down the other side to get on the boats. So that "always pick the left line" definitely works in this case.
I know this thread is old, but what is the red light trick?

"In the Stretching Room, look for the little red light on the wall. That is the door that will open. if you get to the left loading room closest to the entrance to the Manson, it is to the right once you walk in the room. If you get the far one, it is to the left. They will tell you to step away from the walls, however, stay close to the one that's opening so you can get on the ride fastest. Push your way to this, for there may many people ahead of you. Cool little trick."
-"A Fantasmic Secret" by Jerry Bellino

I know this is older, but I absolutely love this thread! It is so positive and uplifting compared to some of the others. Thank you to any CMs who may be reading. We truly appreciate all you do to make our trips special. Debby at BCV, Phillipa at AKL, Michael Todd at Crystal Palace are just a few that we remember fondly, long after the vacations ended.

I have to ask. Beast is in France. didn't think the Beast was anywhere but Be Our Guest. Going this summer and kids want to see The Beast, but no dining for Be Our Guest, for our party size during those days. Thanks

He has been in France with Belle in the past! However, I haven't lived in Orlando for the past several years, so it's possible the character schedules have changed. Be sure to ask a CM!

Thank you for this thread! I know it’s older but it was so fun to read! We are going on our first Disney World trip in december and I am so excited to use some of these tips!

Thank you to all the CMs who make the magic happen!

Yesterday, I asked this question on Chase Russell's youtube live (DCP /DPI participant who vlogs, look him up, he's cool). He and three other DCP members were live vlogging from Universal and they said to always be nice to the CM and don't ask for free things, haha

"In the Stretching Room, look for the little red light on the wall. That is the door that will open. if you get to the left loading room closest to the entrance to the Manson, it is to the right once you walk in the room. If you get the far one, it is to the left. They will tell you to step away from the walls, however, stay close to the one that's opening so you can get on the ride fastest. Push your way to this, for there may many people ahead of you. Cool little trick."
-"A Fantasmic Secret" by Jerry Bellino

Disagree with this one. It is always the one with the girl with the umbrella above the alligator. I always stand next to that painting & am always the first one out.

So I have, unashamedly, sat here for the last lord knows how many hours and read through every single page of this thread. Thank you all for the great ideas on little things we can do on our upcoming trip to make it even more magical for those around us. (TY cards for CMs, glow sticks for other kiddos during night shows, giving away ponchos after water rides, etc) I plan to put these into work now that someone has given me ideas. It'll be our first trip and I want it to be magical for everyone! LOL.

Not a CM, my family has had more pixie dust sent our way than most. So much so other family members have felt like we were celebrities when they toured with us an will follow us everywhere on trips. Our secret...manners matter & love what is happening...you are in Disney have fun! We have just been posing for pictures and we have had food delivered to us by CM's because "a family that loves Disney that much deserves food":joker:
One tip that we love...since my kids were little I hAve brought a pixie dust pouch... Filled with individual stickers and pins. We give them away wherever we feel it. On the bus, monorail, restaurants or lines. My kids are teens now and they still love the pixie dust pouch. It feels really good to make people happy. I am in customer service and I pixie dust clients all the time. Guess what, I am paid very well because people love me and always come back for more. Disney has impacted my life in so many ways. A quote I live by is "Always be kinder than necessary" to everyone you come in contact and if you can't help don't hurt them. :tinker:
Life is short, enjoy the ride and you have the power to choose if you will be a villain or a hero each day.

Not a CM.

If you are calling Disney about your reservation, always ask if you still have the best possible price. Sometimes newer promotions are a better deal. Sometimes room or ticket prices go up so it is better to stay with what you have, even if it sounds like the new deal is a big percentage off. I've been told they can check easily, but won't automatically do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter