To My Brother EROS (Is It Time Yet?)

Big Dude

<font color=red>Tagless in New Jersey<font color=g
I was wondering if you would care to comment on a statement you made on another post.

I'll speak to your concerns about MORAL ABSOLUTES another day........we're partying tonight on the occasion of your big milestone.

I think my head is clear enough now to absorb your thoughts on this issue.

Can you please explain what your idea(s) of morality are based on? If we evolved from creatures that operate on instinct, not conscience, how is it that we have developed the ability to use conscience? Where did morality find its beginning? Did one ape finally decide that killing another ape was wrong? Did one decide that it was wrong to steal another ape's supper? You know that my belief is that morality finds it origin in the existence of God. He has given a law, which therein establishes morality. Can you explain where you think morality comes from?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

As always, I wish you peace and God's blessings.

P.S. Did your DW get a chance to watch the Pope's visit on TV?

Adam aka Big Dude

Groosch!!!

I'm gonna pop sum popcorn ter watch this one unfold!!

Anyone else want sum?

Adam....if it dernt come ferm half nekid women....I doubt yer'll git

an answer! :(

Yup I'll take some of that popcorn Goofy............LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE !!!!!!!!!

Oops! I'm ready with my bag of popcorn too!;) Let the games begin......gentlemen start your engines!:)

Should I drag the easy chair into the office?
SHOCKED.gif

Oh great and I get to be the party pooper as usual! :(

I sincerely hope this can be kept civil and not become fodder for the debate board.

And GP, half-nekkid? Those are bathing suits, nothing you wouldn't see at the beach or in a magazine (and NO I do not mean Playboy or Hustler).
CC

This is too deep for me. Too early in the morning. I am going to pull the covers over my head and go back to bed. Let me know if there are firewords(oops or mean fireworks)

Now, let me see, BIG DUDE:) :) . You want to discuss MORAL RELATIVISM and THEOLOGICAL EVOLUTION.............on the DIS???:confused: :confused: :confused: . Hey, let me tell you something. The CB is NOT one of the centers of true intellectualism in cyberspace;) ;) ;) ;) ;) . We can barely get a handful of people here to read DEB in IA's great posts about HISTORY. Most folks here think about profound concerns such as their choice of hair spray..........or Pepsi vs. Vanilla Coke...............or Flossing vs. Brushing:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Today, I'm less concerned about THE BIG GUY and more preoccupied with deciding between Dentyne vs. Trident gum:jester: :jester: :jester: .........

Cop out. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Perhaps the DIS should have a board strictly for intellectual giants, and keep this one for all the dummies.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did I use enough smiles? ;) ;)

EROS, you have bursted my bubble. I thought the DIS was the center of intellectualism of cyberspace. I am hurt!!!! (I am kidding!!!)

Like I said before, this discussion is going to get too deep for me. At least I am smart enough to know that. I am pulling the covers over my head now. Have a great discussion. Send me the Cliff notes when you all are done. This reminds me too much of the Logic and Philosophy classes that I took in college. Oh the nightmares!!!!

Originally posted by EROS
We can barely get a handful of people here to read DEB in IA's great posts about HISTORY.

(in my best Eeyore voice) Thanks for noticing me . . . ;)

Now, I hardly think my History posts are all that intellectual. After all, they are "just the facts, ma'am". BUT, I DO believe we should LEARN the lessons history teaches us, particularly as it relates to human behavior, lest we make the same mistakes again.

EROS, knowing your affinity for Freudian theory, I thought you'd launch into a discourse about the development of the id , ego , and super-ego . . .

Originally posted by Deb in IA

I thought you'd launch into a discourse about the development of the id , ego , and super-ego . . .

DEB, I'm having a hard (excuse the pun;)) time getting past my ID:p :p :p .

KELSIE, Bill Clinton AND GOD are often heard to say:

"I AM THAT I AM" ;) ;) ;)

On the CB, I'd likewise say that;

"WE ARE WHAT WE ARE" :cool: :cool: :cool:

HEY, 99% of my OWN posts are PURE, UNADULTERATED,.............FLUFF:jester: :jester:

Oh Boy! I guess I had better go research some more STUPID stuff.

99%?? I think you may be underestimating yourself EROS ;)

Considering lifes challenges, a little 'FLUFF' now and then is not a bad thing!

Groosch Kelsie....we're in 99% agreement....the only thing I'd say different....is that considering the difficulties in life....A LOT of fluff is a good thing! Especially in cyberville....'cause the real world can be preedey ugly! ;) :teeth:

Well everyone needs a little fluff in their lives. :D

Afterall, if we didn't need fluff; we wouldn't love going to WDW so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter