• Nay just say no to matching

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Depends on the day

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been asked before and likely caused debate, but what is your thought on matching shirts?

Me? I am not a matching fan but I am a fan of coordination (similar colors or source material) with a means to this theory. My thought is two fold. For safety/practicality. If someone becomes separated from the group easy to say "missing person has a green shirt today." And for asthetics... if I happen to get an amazing picture where everyone is smiling and facing the same direction (has not happened yet but I am hopeful) it would be nice to be able to blow it up or use it as an unofficial protrait.

So what are your thoughts? And what's your preferred method of buying such items? Are you etsy all the way? Shop disney? See what's on sale at target or kohls?

Sell me (and everyone) on your thoughts!

And let's be nice people this is supposed to be "all in good fun." :lovestruc

It’s just my husband and me 99% of the time and we don’t wear T-Shirts - but I do try and have us both in similar colored Disney polo shirts. For our arrival day, I do have us wear the 2 shirts we have that match - white with an embroidered castle.

We usually do one day of a trip. I did a gal pal trip where we did 4 days though. It can be fun and bring about conversations with others!

I vote for a fourth option...coordinating.

We don't all wear the same t-shirt but variations on it. Ex: Uniqlo used to have shirts in which colors or styles were just slightly different. So for example my daughter has a t-shirt with a large Sorcerer Mickey graphic, My husband has a black polo shirt with a tiny knit sorcerer Mickey on the pocket, and I had a blue t-shirt with another slightly different Sorcerer Mickey.

Or we do subtle bounds...like all wear Haunted Mansion style stuff on the same day.

We never do the matchy matchy shirts because my husband would throw a fit. haha.

The only time I've ever done the matching shirts was when there was 7 of us. The shirts showed which of the 7 dwarfs we were. This got a nice reaction when we showed up at the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Ride and announced we were ready for duty.

On our next trip, we will be matching our shirts or at least matching colours. We can't wait. Just DH and me *O*

DH & I have "flying clothes": matching shirts and similar colored slacks on the day we fly. This way if we get separated, we can just say "Did you see anyone wearing this colored shirt?" It also gets a lot of smiles and comments - great ice breaker.

We've done some matching...but I would say the most important thing is wearing clothes that make your party easier to see in a crowd...when we wore Aqua blue mickey tiedyed t-shirts it was easy to spot the kids or my DH. When they wore some generic blue shirt it was harder to spot them.

Every year we do matching shirts for our first day where we get pictures done from Main Street in front of the Castle. I do all the designs and get the Tshirts printed.

Our trip this year got cancelled, but here was our design. Blocked out our last name.

2019:

We as a family have only matched once. For our 40th anniversary my sister made us matching t-shirts. We wore them on our anniversary in Disneyland and had our picture taken at the castle. My sister and her family always matched but we have on;y done it once

When I bought the Unofficial Guide years ago, the author recommended matching for easy spotting of kids.
My boys are identical twins and all grown-up but still holding the matchy outfits against me!

We were regulars so from the time the kids were small we did a version of matching, every day. All the same style shirt when Disney offers a like shirt with different characters or colors, so each of us might be a different character and different color but themed style. Or say going to MK it would all be Fantasy or Fab Five, AK might be Bugs Life, Lion King etc, Studios would be more movie focused etc. Older they got more input they had but we tried to match the park and us "look like a group." Like you say come the photos it was always the shirts that made it.

I continued going regularly with DS1 who is disabled and once out of high school able to travel more. Then we had a trip including DS2 and we took his best friend. It was their college break. So I thought it be fun, me and the boys so I hit the Disney website and got all kinds of matching shirts for $5 each. A whole week of all the Disney parks and both the Universal parks.

Well MK was a red Mickey shirt, boys matched and I coordinated. All went well until we got stuck on Small World. Already the things my nightmares are made of and as I cringed at the repeating music ... good old best friend proceeds to quietly let a very smelly fart go. REALLY?!? EVERYONE in the boat was gasping, looking around at who and they ended up figuring it out. Thanks to my matching t-shirts they all knew we were together. I looked at him, glared and said "you have now ruined a family tradition cause no way we are dressing alike again." 12 years later he still talks about how he ruined a family tradition.

All good things must come to an end. But I do think you can have fun with themes and avoid the everyone matching thing.

I like coordinating shirts, but not every day. Last trip my H and I had coordinating shirts for the Halloween party. I also did coordinating shirts for My DS and H for Star Wars land. My DD is not into Star Wars, so she and I did matching shirts for Epcot. My H would never be the one to initiate anything matching or coordinating and he certainly wouldn’t agree to it every day. But he liked the ones I suggested last trip and wore them happily. I got everything off Etsy.

We did it once when the kids were small, not a big fan of it and neither were my kids....lol

When my boys were little I used to buy them matching shirts at Disney store for our trips. They just recently teased me about that (they are now 20 and 17)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter