To choose: VWL, BWV, or BCV

Lisa loves Pooh

DIS Veteran
I hope I got the shortcuts right--in any case...we are so close to deciding on yea or nea on DVC. We are a Disney loving family who can afford to buy--but if we did not--our vacations consiste of All-Star with an occasional moderate or deluxe with a severe discount (though we would hope for more :)

In anycase--DH likes Villas at Wilderness lodge (his favorite resort is WL) for its tranquility...

And I like Board Walk and Beach club for their proximity.

And if you couldn't guess, he's the introvert and I am the extrovert.

Did anyone have this kind of decision dilemma? Did you have to play Rock, paper, scissors?

Please help with tips--we would like our home to be our home and want to take advantage of the 11month booking when possible.

Is VWL hard to book in the 7 month window...

We are florida residents and like to visit at the "slower" times of year.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: princess:

Tough decision, especially if you have a VWL lover in the house :)

Out of the three resorts BWV is the biggest, followed by BCV, and then VWL. I don't know how your DH feels about BCV or BWV (meaning does he dislike them, or does he just prefer VWL) but those would be my vote. Don't get me wrong, I own at VWL and its great, but I also own at BCV and the proximity is so nice!

My personal preference out of all three is BWV. However, it is much larger than the other two so you would sometimes have a better chance of getting in there at the 7 month window. I would say go for BCV ;) JMO

Granny will be by to vote for VWL :teeth:

We also like both areas, so instead of making the tought decision, we own points at both VWL and BCV!! :teeth:

I don't know if this is always the case but I was able to get a 2BR at VWL during President's week at the 7 mo window.

Since you would have to buy any of them as resales, how about two smaller point resales purchasing both of them? About 100 points at each would give you enough points every other year for a nice vacation.

Originally posted by HookdonWDW
We also like both areas, so instead of making the tought decision, we own points at both VWL and BCV!! :teeth:

I have both VWL and BCV too! I stay the first half of the vacation at VWL and go to the MK and the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's by boat. Then I have the bags sent over to BCV to be close to Epcot and MGM. (Animal Kingdom is a bus ride no matter which place I stay at) I'm trying to add on more points at both to give me 120 points at BCV and 150 at VWL. That'll give me a week in a one bedroom during the busy season. Right now, I've got a week in a studio so I'm happy!

Good luck on your choice!
FYI ....Pat at the Timeshare store is great....last I looked there was a 300pt. BCV contract listed - with banked points....http://www.wdwinfo.com/timeshare/dvclisting-R.cfm

I would go with both too -

or buy VWL now and later buy BWV (or BCV) which ever you prefer.

VWL is hard to get at the time most people like to visit it - Nov - starting at THanksgiving and December - it is so beautiful at this time.

I can also be hard to get in Oct - thanks to MnSSHP...

I think you have to take a look at your needs and the advanatages of each of the resorts. Do you need access to a 3 bedroom villa sometimes? Or, is the use of the lower standard point chart important to stretch your points? Then choose BWV. They also have a community hall with activities and are close to the action. Otherwise other factors come into play. Which parks will you frequent the most? WLV has boat access to MK, others Don't. BWV and BCV have boat access to Epcot and MGM. We figured, we'd get up and take the bus to MK in the morningings, come back to our resort in the afternoon, and then go out to Epcot or MGm in the evenings. We also like the beach area and SAB pool quite a lot, and in Florida it does tend to have a rainy season in the middle of the day, so we like nice interior spaces, so BCV was our choice. Close to the action, yet quiet. Also check out the room layout. We really appreciate the longer table and bench that BCV has in the room instead of the smaller table and chairs that BWV room configurations have. It allows us to have meals with 8 people around the table, which I don't think is possible in BWV. I can't remember about WLV room and table layouts. We like the BCV room layout better.

I do have a comparison of BCV and BWV I've shared before that I'll share again here in case it helps. It doesn't take into account WLV:

BCV vs BWV -

I like the BCV room layout better. Table seats 8 whereas BWV, WLV does not. Bathroom layout nice, Desk in bedroom in BCV.
BCV is newer.
Seemed slower and a little more quiet and relaxed than BC, YC and BWV, yet still close to activities.
Distance to the elevator is better.
Nice Quiet pool
Lots of nice internal spaces for when it's raining, drawing room, breezeway, solarium, BC lobby.
Sandcastle club availability
Outstanding location, boat to MGM, walk to Epcot, Baordwalk area activities closeby, swan and Dolphin restaraunts.
Love the Beach Theme
Great at access to Beach Club amenities, and restaraunts, Jellyrolls, stores, Beaches and Cream, Arcade, etc.
Prefer the sand beach along crescent lake instead of the boardswalk
SAB is nice
Nice Beach Club Workout facility.
Nice access to the parking lot
Bus service fine.
Hotel services available like in-room dining, valet services, front staff.
Nice entrance to the resort walking in BC entrance with large fresh flower arrangements, sometimes music in lobby (saw harpist) front door greetings.
Marina activites, can take boats to see illuminations.
Nice access to parking lot for villas, closer than valet for many units. Just go in the back door or walk along the canal to the middle elevator
Second elevator available in the middle of the resort for pool, parking access.
BCVs has access to a marina along with the YC and BC. WLV and OKW also has a marina. BWV does not.
For us, the circus/Atlantic boardwalk theme (there was a circus on the boardwalk at the time emulated) isn't as appealing as the beach theme, circuses don't have a good reputation for cleanliness or humane treatment towards animals, or the most friendly workers, but that's just us.

BCV has
No community Hall and Community Hall activities like BWV, Vero, others.
Uses all preferred view point structure, no advantage of standards view lower point structure like at BWV or lower points requirements like at OWK to stretch point value
Rooms smaller than OKW, lessstorage space - OKW, Vero and HH rooms are larger.
No three bedroom grand villas available (usually requires 11 month window at other resorts)
No outstanding crecent lake views like BWV
Villas in back are too close to roadway, some noise.

My wife and I have no interest in OKW. It is not our idea of being at WDW, but that's just us. You might want to consider a visit to check out all the resorts, it might even be worth a weekend trip to see the differences. My advice is to visit them all and see them for yourself. You could rent some points and schedule a couple of days at each resort to explore them and decide which you like best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter