To buy or not to buy park tickets?

Andrew*A

Mouseketeer
We are DVC members are have booked our hotel for Christmas and New Year 2021.
With the park tickets being non refundable non transferable I have emailed Disney Travel for some advice should we not be able to travel.
The issue we all have is the park reservation system, as you need to have your tickets before you can make reservations.
I know a few of the uk sites are offering covid cover with full refunds. However there are some horror stories where people are battling to get their money back after cancelling.

This is the reply from Disney. Very non committal, but does suggest we may be able to move the tickets into next rear.

Our ultimate tickets are only valid if activated within the validity dates. If you purchase them for December of 2021, you would need to activate them prior to 31 December 2021. They do expire 14 days after activation. Should you not be able to use them, you are welcome to contact us and look at the option of rebooking into 2022. This would be a new ticket order and we would advise at that time if there would be a penalty to do so. Currently our booking terms and conditions here, advise that ticket orders are non-refundable and non-transferable. We are constantly monitoring the travel restrictions and advisories.

This may help others in the same position.

We are DVC members are have booked our hotel for Christmas and New Year 2021.
With the park tickets being non refundable non transferable I have emailed Disney Travel for some advice should we not be able to travel.
The issue we all have is the park reservation system, as you need to have your tickets before you can make reservations.
I know a few of the uk sites are offering covid cover with full refunds. However there are some horror stories where people are battling to get their money back after cancelling.

This is the reply from Disney. Very non committal, but does suggest we may be able to move the tickets into next rear.

Our ultimate tickets are only valid if activated within the validity dates. If you purchase them for December of 2021, you would need to activate them prior to 31 December 2021. They do expire 14 days after activation. Should you not be able to use them, you are welcome to contact us and look at the option of rebooking into 2022. This would be a new ticket order and we would advise at that time if there would be a penalty to do so. Currently our booking terms and conditions here, advise that ticket orders are non-refundable and non-transferable. We are constantly monitoring the travel restrictions and advisories.

This may help others in the same position.
This must be so frustrating for you. Did you previously have APs?

the ticket reservation system is a sticking point for anyone contemplating a 2021 trip.
my daughter and son in law have a 16 night DVC reservation for august 2021.
But they haven't purchased tickets as it's not clear whether there will still be a quarantine at that time on international travelers...
and whether they'll be able to fly there at all...etc etc
so they haven't bought park tickets...
also, APs aren't being sold right now and that's what they would buy (the DVC discounted AP).
not clear when/if that will go on sale again..

it's all a bit exhausting to think about..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter