To All You Artists Out There

Tink's Tormentor

DIS Veteran
Ok, I have a question. Hopefully I can explain this in a way that is understandable. I have recently taken up drawing. I have my sketch pad and pencils, ruler, what have you.... But there is one thing I have been looking for.. A desk light. I know I have seen artist's desks with a light shining from the bottom of the desk helping artists to trace their work. The lighting in my room isn't that bright and a light would be helpful. I do not want a full desk, just a device that I can place my paper on and trace my work to different, better quality paper... In essence, it will be used for tracing... And I do not want to use that cheap tracing paper... Any devices out there that anyone knows about or usues that I can look into? I do not want anything too expensive. This really is just a hobby.

It's called a light box. Mike's has them. I have a really small one for embossing, you may need/like a bigger one for your pad.

I have also, in a pinch, set a piece of glass over 2 boxes, one on each edge, and set a light under it. If you are planning on sticking with the hobby, the cost of the light box might be worth it for you.

Thanks Debbie... I will for sure go check out Mike's...

Edit: Debbie, I looked at Mike's Website and could not find any products called a light box.

Tink's Tormentor said:
Thanks Debbie... I will for sure go check out Mike's...

Edit: Debbie, I looked at Mike's Website and could not find any products called a light box.

Oh sorry. It is in the scrapbook section in Mike's. Mine is called a light table. A light tracer is what I found with a google search, it is bigger...hope that helps. Mikes and Joann's have the small ones.

Debbie, I found one on Amazon called Light Tracer Light Box 10" by 12"

My paper is 11x14.... I do not want one that will hurt my eyes... One that is bright enough to trace, but not too bright.

That size would work for you, don't you think? If the light is bright, maybe 2 thicknesses of paper? I hope it works well for you!

Thank you Debbie.. I think I will be buying it through Amazon. I looked at Joanne's website and the same item is like 10 bucks more there than Amazon.. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tink's Tormentor said:
Thank you Debbie.. I think I will be buying it through Amazon. I looked at Joanne's website and the same item is like 10 bucks more there than Amazon.. I'll let you know how it goes.

But if they have it in the store, you can use a coupon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter