TMI - Gross observation from our most recent trip

Do people really have conscious control over this? Clearly some people must, for some women to say they've gone 7 years or whatever without farting in front of their spouse..but this is an ability I have never possessed. Maybe, *maybe* if I am standing still, but once that queue moves up a few inches and I have to walk, it's all over. And most of the time, I don't even know it's coming!

(For the record, I have never passed gas in a Disney queue, just because I'm not a real gassy person in general. But I doubt I could stop a toot if I did find myself in that situation.)

Pretty sure that emission control could be considered a talent in some people. ;) My wife managed to keep certain things to herself through a fairly long courtship. But once we got married, sheesh! :sad2: I wonder how she managed before then. :lmao:

If you guys don't hear from me again, you can be assured that she read this and I'm a goner. :eek:

My DH is the Generalissimo of the 'silent but deadly' gas attack. Any expression of "P.U!" by anyone else in the family is usually met with the innocent "What??":rotfl::rotfl2::rolleyes:

If you were behind me at some point in the week we were there, I apologize but it was probably me. I actually do blame the DDP. I was sitting on a rock wall at MK one evening and when I went to get up I let loose pretty loudly. I apologized to the guy within hearing range, but he was laughing so hard by that point he dropped his Mickey Bar. Talk about foul play all around! :rolleyes1

We have been going to Disney twice a year for several years now. I have to say, on our last trip, I noticed something very disturbing and gross. I swear to god, every time I was in a line or with a large group of people, someone passed some seriously horrible gas. I have never noticed it being as bad as it was in December and by the end of the trip, it became this joke. Get in a line, there it is. Leaving a ride like Soarin where there are a lot of people all at once, there it is.

I just do not understand WHY people cannot wait until they are either outside, or at least somewhat away from other people!

Anyway - just wanted to share my disgusting observation with my DIS friends.;)

This reminds me of a "traumatic" event many years ago....

I was sitting in a small room, getting a guitar lesson from a "rock star"..., er, well, he was in a band but he may as well have been George Harrison 'cause he was "awesome". I was 13 years old and had to bend over to pick up my guitar pick when....., well, you can guess the next!

What do you say???? What do you do???? I was embarrassed more than I had ever been in my life and will always remember that moment! Fortunately, the "emission" was not of the "toxic" nature but that was little comfort. Then, or now!

That said Connor's Mom...., I have to go with the consensus of the first page! (S)He who smelt it, dealt it!! Though I do believe you, that it was not "you"! But I would also not let the "little one" off the hook so easily!! As the proud parent of 4 kids and 2 grandkids, I have to say, they are the devil sometimes!! (J/K) I've smelt some real "bombs" let off by the little ones...., I think sometimes they do it on purpose!!! LOL!!

Aaaargh!! pirate:

Pretty sure that emission control could be considered a talent in some people. ;) My wife managed to keep certain things to herself through a fairly long courtship. But once we got married, sheesh! :sad2: I wonder how she managed before then. :lmao:

If you guys don't hear from me again, you can be assured that she read this and I'm a goner. :eek:

:lmao:

When I'm on vacation I like to EAT! With all the Disney buffets and snack after snack after snack..................sorry

:rotfl2:
I always fall victim to my DH's crop dusting & "dutch ovens". :rotfl:

Ahh, men....

If my husband ever gave me a "dutch oven" that would be the death of him. That, or he would never be able to release anything from that area of his body again, because he would have my foot stuck in it.

That said Connor's Mom...., I have to go with the consensus of the first page! (S)He who smelt it, dealt it!! Though I do believe you, that it was not "you"! But I would also not let the "little one" off the hook so easily!! As the proud parent of 4 kids and 2 grandkids, I have to say, they are the devil sometimes!! (J/K) I've smelt some real "bombs" let off by the little ones...., I think sometimes they do it on purpose!!! LOL!!

Aaaargh!! pirate:

:lmao::rotfl: I know it was not my 2 year old. When she farts she acts like the end of the world is coming. She cries like she is scared and says "I tooted!!". It cracks me up everytime.

We were in line for TSM behind a fairly large man and the smell was horrific. It kept going on thru the line when my dh finely nudged me and gave me the "I can't believe this" look. Well, I had to let him know it was our own 38lb 5 year old dd. Her back end can be quite deadly:eek:

Thanks for this thread, I now have an idea how I can get on Toy Story Mania without having to hit the rope drop and become part of the "running of the bulls" to the que and Fast Pass machine. All it takes is enjoying a breakfast buffet at Cape May and by the time I walk over to the studios the digestion process should be in full swing. Just enter the line and let er rip!!:rotfl2:

he who smell't it dealt it...

of course, followed by...

first one to rhyme did the crime...

OMG!!! Whenever I look at my DS & DH and tell them "Couldnt you have waited or warned me so I can leave the room", they're like "We have no idea what you're talking about" And when I tell them, they respond "she who smell't it dealt it"...uuuggghhh...boys!!!

lol

If my husband ever gave me a "dutch oven" that would be the death of him. That, or he would never be able to release anything from that area of his body again, because he would have my foot stuck in it.

Totally agree...I think DH once joked about it and I must have given him the look of death...we'll be married 16 yrs this Feb & he hasnt done it once...
Our DS & him will go at it...as long as they dont involve me I'm ok...

hhhmmm...come to think of it, we were on a flight to FL in '96, I had some kind of virus and the antibiotics REALLY upset my stomach...the plane was getting ready to land when my belly started aching...well, it was more like there was an alien in my belly...I HATE when ppl pass gas on lines, in planes, or any where in public without considering those around them...But I couldnt get up and use the bathroom...I had to let it pass...it was very silent & very deadly...my DH has never let me live it down...he LOVES :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: to bring it up...I think according to him its one of the funniest things I have ever done...

Weird...

I think the OP is looking at this all wrong. I remember years ago, when I first met my wife, I was on fart guard for a number of months. When I finally did let one fly, it was a real turning point in the relationship, because it conveyed a real comfort level with her. As I told her at the time, it was my way of saying, "I think you're really special. Special enough to let you experience something that comes from deep within me. I love you."

Soooo, I'm confident that whomever it was that was doing this was doing it out of love. When you think of it that way, it doesn't seem that rude, does it? ;)

There's nothing quite as satisfying as crop dusting a long line of people camped out for a parade. :banana:

Has anyone heard from Ralph??? :lmao:

He found his aroma lacked a certain appeal
He could clear the savannah after every meal

I'm a sensitive soul though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind
And oh, the shame He was ashamed
Thought of changin' my name What's in a name?
And I got downhearted How did ya feel?
Everytime that I...

Hey! Pumbaa! Not in front of the kids!

This was my plan to empty the lines!

I think the OP is looking at this all wrong. I remember years ago, when I first met my wife, I was on fart guard for a number of months. When I finally did let one fly, it was a real turning point in the relationship, because it conveyed a real comfort level with her. As I told her at the time, it was my way of saying, "I think you're really special. Special enough to let you experience something that comes from deep within me. I love you."

Soooo, I'm confident that whomever it was that was doing this was doing it out of love. When you think of it that way, it doesn't seem that rude, does it? ;)
My dad told me when he and my mom were dating that if he had to fart, he'd pull over and say that he had to check on the car. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter