TMI - Gross observation from our most recent trip

It's called crop dusting.

Way back in the restaurant business I knew servers who would crop dust their tables when people who had paid and tipped poorly camped out and wouldn't allow the server to make more money. :laughing: Maybe guests are doing it to clear the line?

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Awesome, hilarious thread! I have to admit that my DH is known to let one rip and then evacuate immediately after and leave me with the blame :lmao:.

I think you might want to reconsider your choice of words there . . . . :lmao:

If I had lit a match in a few of those WDW lines last time we were there, the whole place would have blown sky high.

We encountered the most disgusting smell upon entering the Mission Space Capsule and had no escape--It lasted for a while-Peeu:faint:

The worst is on the plane. There you are, in a confined area, and people get nervous on planes. Those poor flight attendants. At least on line, you can get a breath of air.... Once I was seated unluckily behind a nervous person with gas and spent the flight looking at the ceiling, wondering how to get access to the oxygen mask.

The monorail reeks without gassy passengers, so I don't even want to think about how bad that could be!

:rotfl2: OMG---way TOO funny! My 9 year old boys also think it's something to win bragging rights over- that or burping. SOOO embarrassing! And amazing- they never do outgrow it, do they??? (sorry to those 3 or 4 men out there who really don't do that! ):thumbsup2

No, no we don't ever outgrow it lol. My DS8 finds it hilarious as well. My DW and DD17, not so much. I also don't "help" the situation, heck, biggest half of the time, I'm the culprit :rotfl2:

Years ago, we were visiting Rock City atop Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga...and were walking through the cave portion of the attraction.

We got behind a man, wearing a tank top of course, who apparently did not believe in wearing deoderant...the smell was so bad, you could almost see the "funk" in the air...ala Pepe lePew cartoons.:scared1:

We ended up going outside and sitting on a bench for ten minutes to let the dude get away from us, and for the air to clear inside the cave.

I just do not understand WHY people cannot wait until they are either outside, or at least somewhat away from other people!

Do people really have conscious control over this? Clearly some people must, for some women to say they've gone 7 years or whatever without farting in front of their spouse..but this is an ability I have never possessed. Maybe, *maybe* if I am standing still, but once that queue moves up a few inches and I have to walk, it's all over. And most of the time, I don't even know it's coming!

(For the record, I have never passed gas in a Disney queue, just because I'm not a real gassy person in general. But I doubt I could stop a toot if I did find myself in that situation.)

I, too, will apologize here for a frequent member of my traveling group. He, like another PP's DH, is lactose intolerant, yet refuses to limit his dairy, and is known to make wallpaper peel with his...ahem...emissions! It is absolutely horrible, and of course, all the guys think it's a hilarious occurrence! I'm not sure how his girlfriend puts up with it! I would be mortified if that were my boyfriend! :rotfl:

There is a name for this. It's called crop dusting. Elevators are usually where I run into this.

:lmao:

I avoided opening this thread for days for fear of what it was about. I'm on break here at work and almost in pain trying to keep from laughing out loud here in cube world.

The biological fast pass! :rotfl:

My dd is usually the one to pipe up and accuse someone wherever we are. She usually accuses ds who doesn't have the verbal ability to defend himself with her reasoning being that I would have said excuse me if it had been me.

Truth be told, ds rarely releases bubbles from that end. He's way more likely to burp. I usually bring out the "the one who smelt it dealt it" line.

My grandmother used to say "more room out here".

Make sure you never meet my DD(6). We call her the "farting machine". I really really hope this is something she grows out of because it's not very ladylike! ;)

ETA: OK, the filter just bleeped out my shortcut for "because" and I can't for the life of me figure out why it would be offensive??? That just went whoosh, right over my head! Now edited to write out the full word.

One way to deal with the people who have no understanding of the concept of personal space while waiting in line... ;)

I like to do it while i cruise through the fastpass lane then all the stand-by waiters have to smell it.....

Hahah been there, sitting/standing behind such a person. there's not much that can be done unfortunately.

Years ago, we were visiting Rock City atop Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga...and were walking through the cave portion of the attraction.

We got behind a man, wearing a tank top of course, who apparently did not believe in wearing deoderant...the smell was so bad, you could almost see the "funk" in the air...ala Pepe lePew cartoons.:scared1:

We ended up going outside and sitting on a bench for ten minutes to let the dude get away from us, and for the air to clear inside the cave.

And there is no where to run in those caves LOL Glad you got out and got some fresh air :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter