TLC Marketing/Dockers reward

We used our 2 free nights in Orlando, last week. TLC booked me with Westgate Lakes. It wasn't on the list and I preferred the Hilton or Holiday Inn, but I wasn't going to complain since it was hard enough just getting them to book anything. We added 1 night and paid for that out of pocket.

Well - Westgate Lakes is one place I will never stay again. We strongly considered checking out after 1 night, but dh really didn't want to check out and then look for another hotel and check back in. He thought it would be a hassle.

First off - it is a timeshare and the guy who checked me in would not give me any info on my room and told me I had to go see another lady sitting at a table behind me for my room info. The lady told me my room came with a free breakfast for 2 and told me all about it and where to go for the breakfast. After her talking my ear off, she told me where my room was and then gave me a form to sign. The form said on it that I agreed to attend a look at the timeshare and it would take 90 minutes. Good thing I read it before I signed it. I told her I was not going to do it and she tried talking me into it, but I kept saying no. Finally she said okay, but you can't have the breakfast now.

Our neighbor had a dog that kept barking. The first night I had a hard time getting to sleep, but once asleep everyone slept all night. Dh said not to complain and I agreed because I figured our kids were probably making as much noise as the dog. The second night - sound asleep and the dog starts barking up a storm and their kids are shreiking. The third night - they were checked out.

When we got to our room we did not have soap. Thank goodness I brought some. We got towel/trash service only the first day, but not the next. I know not getting maid service is typical of a time share, but if you are a paying guest, I thought you got maid service.

I also thought the room could have been cleaner, but I've heard worse stories elsewhere - even on Disney property.

The husband and I have decided to declare war against TLC Marketing. We have called them numerous times, have contacted BBB (The better business bureau), written the Corporate Office of JC Penney, and Dockers. So far the only thing that has happened is a phone called from a very young low level Customer Service Rep from Dockers Corporation in San Francisco. He basically told my husband the entire time that the people complaining on the BLOGS (and message boards such as the Disboards) were a bunch of nuts who did not give TLC the chance to follow through. My husband gave out a whole history of how TLC would not return phone calls and would not follow through. At the end of the conversation he was told to be patient and someone would attempt to follow through within a few months!

If anyone wants to try talking to the President of TLC (Mr. Walter Osterman), this is his direct dial number: 617 788-9696. His email is wosterman@tlcwm.com

Lets keep up the pressure!

I finally got booked for the 2 nights hotel.

I had sent our form in October for a Jan. 31/Feb. 1 stay in Miami (took from June to Oct. for them to get us the form). Didn't receive a call, started calling in December, dates passed, nothing resolved. It's taken from early Feb. until last week (middle of May) to finally get to a booking agent.

We picked Chicago because we can drive there. Of course none of my choices were available - finally ended up in a hotel that wasn't listed, 3 weeks later than I wanted. Had to pay $44 for hotel tax for 2 nights (another insult! - wouldn't mind paying if it was for someplace and a time that we actually wanted).

We were fairly lucky with the airfare promo (did both), but had a long layover both directions.

TLC has to be the worst travel agency in the world! I would be very curious to know what their benefit was from this, I imagine Docker's Corp. reimbursed them for the actual cost, but I wonder what they actually made on the deal - I bet they were stupid enough to think that this was a way to get their company name out. It's been obvious through all the hassles that they were contracting out with some type of call center until someone actually got to one of their booking agents (wonder if they had more than 3?)

We've done other Docker's promos, the best being a free TiVo with 3 mos. service and that went flawlessly. I hate to fault Docker's, but at some point they needed to take over and get rid of TLC.

My best guess? They're making it lots of effort to redeem with hopes that some people will just forget about the whole thing. A common comment seems to be that, even if you got your flight/hotel in the end, that you encountered lots of run around in the beginning.

Lots of rebates are this way. They hope that completing the redemption process is too tedious & people will just not follow through.

TLC has to be the worst travel agency in the world! I would be very curious to know what their benefit was from this, I imagine Docker's Corp. reimbursed them for the actual cost, but I wonder what they actually made on the deal - I bet they were stupid enough to think that this was a way to get their company name out. It's been obvious through all the hassles that they were contracting out with some type of call center until someone actually got to one of their booking agents (wonder if they had more than 3?)

They aren't a *true* travel agency, at least the kind we, the general public, would use. They specifically operate as a premium reward agency, used for promotions such as this, plus the many other time share and *free* (HA!) vacations. Like the kind you *win* if you purchase a car, or furniture, or various other bigger-ticket items.

Their *benefit* is that they're paid by companies such as Dockers to provide we, the end-user, with our premium.

In other words, the general public, or even a regular business cannot use them for travel planning, only companies that are providing the public with a *reward*.

I know this because last year we too, had a huge fight on our hands. We did many of the same things others have posted and finally got our flights.

It was the last time I will ever participate in anything even remotely connected to Dockers.

I had sent my request right away in June(2007). I don't remember how long it took to hear from them but it was a long time. Anyway, I booked 2 nights in NYC at the Radisonn Martinique b/c they didn't have the hotel I wanted. We went in April and it was all good. My best friend also did it and got the Hilton Times Square and she couldn't use both nights so my DH and I used the other night. I can't complain-I bought DH pants and shirts thyat he needed and got over $600 in free hotel rooms. I hope it works out for eveyone.

I have called TLC several times. I sent my form with my dates back in April and I called in June and was told I would here something by the first week of July. I called again on July 8th and was told I woukd hear something by July 31st. My first requested date is August 8th. I ended up filing a compliant with the BBB after the people at TLC were no help.

DH and I had to fight with them to get our free hotel nights, like most people here. We contacted the BBB, Dockers' consumer hotline, etc.

TLC couldn't find any availability for the "rest of the year" in NYC on a Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday. They finally managed to offer us the Sunday and Monday night over Memorial Day weekend, so we took it. The property they gave us wasn't in their book, and really wasn't in the most central area, but it worked out okay.

I had read the reports of TLC's credit card bouncing, creating an unpleasant surprise at checkout. In our case, they booked us through a third party, and the room was paid for in advance.

We went to NYC in April. I did get a runaround...but I was persistant. It took me over a month of constant phone calls, blah, blah. It was totally worth it to get free hotel for 2 nights in NYC though! Good luck!

Now I am just waiting for my free pedicure!

Still have not heard from this place yet. I have filed with the BBB, called Kohls, called, Mr. Osterman....... Nothing. My first request is August 8th. It is getting frustrating......:mad:

Other than my initial..."we've rec'd your forms" call, I havent heard anything either. I havent escalated it yet though. Let us know how things go.

I got my hotel booked thru TLC today. I got the dates I needed but not the hotel, but I can't complain. 2 nights at the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh.:woohoo:

Plus 2 $25 GC for restaurant.com.

The person who called was very nice and helped me get a site downtown.

I guess calling them every day and filing a complaint with the BBB worked! IMO, I should not have had to do that.

If you sent in your request form and have not heard from them, just keep the pressure on TLC......

Hi my name is Ray and I like many people fell victim to the TLC Marketing, Dockers, JC Pennys free airline ticket scam of 2007.
Currently I'm talking to an attorney about filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of those of us who were taken in by this scam.
What I need to know is how many of us are out there who were victimized by this promotional scam? From what I've read those of us who were victimized fall into two different categories, those of us who have never heard from TLC Marketing, Dockers and or JC Pennys after sending in our completed vouchers and those who did receive their ticket only to have paid an exorbitant 90.00 fee. Can you or anyone shed some light about this fee and what goes into it?

Also it seems there maybe a second scam promotion run by TLC Marketing and T-Mobile. I would love to hear from anyone who felt they were scammed by TLC Marketing and T-Mobile.
If you would like to share your experience with me I would be very grateful.

Thank you,
Ray

I got a "cash value" at the end there when they were having trouble with the airline tickets. My DH never got anything! I tried to call, etc. At first everyone "fixed it" but of course he still got nothing. In the end, you couldn't call anyone because the number was only automated.

Maggie

I did the TLC/Docker's/Kohl's deal for the hotel rooms. We did two deals (me and hubby). I got a $100 check from the buyout; hubby got nothing. Like the previous poster said, the automated TLC number no longer worked, didn't know how to contact anyone. When I called TLC (in Boston I believe), nobody would talk to me. I emailed Levi's (parent owner of Docker's) last month and got a phone call from "George" within 24 hours. He was going to follow up with TLC and see what was going on. I haven't heard from him since.

I too waited for months for any kind of reply. I had two of the JCP/Dockers vouchers. After months and months of waiting I opted to take the 'cash out' option. I emailed a Lisa McLauren with BCD Travel with my request. She said that she would forward it on to TLC. This was last November. I've called TLC at least 10 times, leaving my name and number as all I ever got was their voice mail system. The only number that I have is 617.788.9627. Any others that actually have a warm (or even luke warm) body at the other end would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't realize that those of you who took the cash out didn't your money, or only got half. What a mess of a promotion!

I had issues with this too. I finally got someone at Docker's and I ended up with a refund of $100 and another $100 from Levi's....

Unfortunately, I tossed all my notes with numbers and names once I got the cash.

I did find a whole thread on the net about issues with this and some other nubmers to call..you may want to google it and see what you find.

I ended up contacting Dockers directly and they told me to send them the reciept for my next hotel stay (anywhere) and they sent me a check for 2 nights accomodations. I was very happy that Dockers took care of this for me, they were very understanding and seemed to understand the issues with this promotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!