TLC Marketing/Dockers reward

Anyone else had anyluck with this? Its been 4 weeks since I sent my request in. One email and 1 phone call and no agent has called. I told them they had 1 week to contact me today or Im filing with the BBB.

So not impressed with this promotion at all.

Did you ever get your tickets - or did you file with the BBB?

I finally just sent mine in - but i'm already getting nervous!!

:scared1:

A friend and I both ended up getting a phone call, she got called and I had to hassel them. We're both going to NYC in May. None of the hotels I wanted were offered. I'll never do this again.

A friend and I both ended up getting a phone call, she got called and I had to hassel them. We're both going to NYC in May. None of the hotels I wanted were offered. I'll never do this again.

How long did it take for them to call your friend? And did they give an 'excuse' for not calling you?

I too, am really wondering if i'd do it again.....??

How long did it take for them to call your friend? And did they give an 'excuse' for not calling you?

I too, am really wondering if i'd do it again.....??

I can't remember when we sent them in, but I received a phone call saying they received my information and I would get a phone call within 14 days. My friend never received this phone call, but about three weeks later she got a call to make her reservations. A week later and three phone calls later I had never heard anything, but I used the e.mail address that they had used to communicate with her and I ended up with reservations also. I had since given out that e.mail address to someone else on the boards and she had no success. Other people who have contacted the BBB have then gotten a phone call days later, that might be the way to go, unfortunately.

I can't remember when we sent them in, but I received a phone call saying they received my information and I would get a phone call within 14 days. My friend never received this phone call, but about three weeks later she got a call to make her reservations. A week later and three phone calls later I had never heard anything, but I used the e.mail address that they had used to communicate with her and I ended up with reservations also. I had since given out that e.mail address to someone else on the boards and she had no success. Other people who have contacted the BBB have then gotten a phone call days later, that might be the way to go, unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply, Deb. Glad it finally worked our for you.

Any chance you still have that email address, just in case? TIA!

Anyone else have success with this promotion?

No, I still havent heard from them, even though I have contacted them again via email & phone.

Just finished filing my complaint with the BBB. Lets see how long it takes them to get in touch with me now?

I too think I will pass on any more promtions like this in the future....

I'm beginning to think that filing with the BBB may be the only way to get help.

When I called (for the 3rd time) I was told someone would be back to me in 3-5 days. Well that has long since past!

I wanted to use the nights in conjunction to a family gathering. Now, I've had to go on and make other plans. If they DO call me I hope I can change my 1st-3rd choices, now that they waited till my original dates are no good any more.

I can't believe that Dockers or Kohl's have gotten much customer goodwill from doing this promotion. It's made me MAD at them, too! They should hire more reputable companies if they want to do a promotion. :badpc:

No, I still havent heard from them, even though I have contacted them again via email & phone.

Just finished filing my complaint with the BBB. Lets see how long it takes them to get in touch with me now?

I too think I will pass on any more promtions like this in the future....

Can you file a complaint on line with the BBB? Did they give you any indication how long it might take?

I'm beginning to think that filing with the BBB may be the only way to get help.

When I called (for the 3rd time) I was told someone would be back to me in 3-5 days. Well that has long since past!

I wanted to use the nights in conjunction to a family gathering. Now, I've had to go on and make other plans. If they DO call me I hope I can change my 1st-3rd choices, now that they waited till my original dates are no good any more.

I can't believe that Dockers or Kohl's have gotten much customer goodwill from doing this promotion. It's made me MAD at them, too! They should hire more reputable companies if they want to do a promotion. :badpc:

Who did you call - the dockers concierge desk or the travel agency? Do you have a number for the travel agency?

I agree - a company like Docker's should find a more reputable agency OR find a way to make this one work.

When they consider the power of the internet in spreading good will - or NOT - you'd think they'd do something!

Any other experiences anyone?

UPDATE:

Got a call from TLC today. The Rep told me he has NO availibity for the rest of the year in Boston. He gave me 2 options, call back in 3 to 4 weeks (yeah right- it took me what 7 weeks, multiple phone calls, emails and a complaint to the BBB to get them to call me this time) or they would give me a check for $100. He said they got a much bigger response to this promotion than they were anticiapting.

I chose option 2, but Im still angry about it. This was a VERY poorly handled promotion. $100 wont buy 2 nights in Boston, but at least its more than covered the $75 I origianlly spent.

Now, lets see if they actually MAIL the check and make sure it doesnt bounce! :lmao:

And, I guess Ill have to hope I get lucky with Priceline again like I did last year when we went to Boston!

UPDATE:

Got a call from TLC today. The Rep told me he has NO availibity for the rest of the year in Boston. He gave me 2 options, call back in 3 to 4 weeks (yeah right- it took me what 7 weeks, multiple phone calls, emails and a complaint to the BBB to get them to call me this time) or they would give me a check for $100. He said they got a much bigger response to this promotion than they were anticiapting.

I chose option 2, but Im still angry about it. This was a VERY poorly handled promotion. $100 wont buy 2 nights in Boston, but at least its more than covered the $75 I origianlly spent.

Now, lets see if they actually MAIL the check and make sure it doesnt bounce! :lmao:

And, I guess Ill have to hope I get lucky with Priceline again like I did last year when we went to Boston!

That is very discouraging. I had submitted to stay in Boston in Sept. I got the recorded phone call message about them recieving my request, but no calls from a rep yet. I would rather have the room than the $100.

i did the free flight and had no problems and my boyfriend and i don't even have the same last name (so i was terrified!). the did however bill me 2 months after i went on the trip, which i thought was weird.

an agent called me about 2 weeks after i got the initial call about booking. i even had to call back and got someone on the phone right away, which i was surprised about.

sorry to hear they are still terrible at booking.

I just mailed my form in with August dates for Pittsburgh (Go Steelers!!!).:banana:

How long should I wait before I try to contact TLC?

i did the free flight and had no problems and my boyfriend and i don't even have the same last name (so i was terrified!). the did however bill me 2 months after i went on the trip, which i thought was weird.

an agent called me about 2 weeks after i got the initial call about booking. i even had to call back and got someone on the phone right away, which i was surprised about.

sorry to hear they are still terrible at booking.

Wow, glad you got your flights!

I'm still waiting :(

So how does this work, someone first calls you to confirm or adjust what you've requested on your vouchers? And then what happens? I'm starting to get nervous...

We sent our receipts in by the end of June, received our vouchers late August, submitted the vouchers with our choices by early December, they emailed and said they were ready to book our flights and to call them (a travel agent). We got our flights, but part of the deal was we had to pay the taxes and airport fees and maybe another fee. For the flights, they wouldn't contact you and try to book until it was approx. 30 days from your first choice of dates. It was an independent travel agent that was contracted with TLC to handle the requests. The agent and I had to call back and forth a couple of days, but she finally found us flights on our desired dates to our first choice location. We ended up paying $70 each for a round trip flight from Minneapolis to LAX. Not too bad!!! We were planning to go anyway.

So how does this work, someone first calls you to confirm or adjust what you've requested on your vouchers? And then what happens? I'm starting to get nervous...

someone called me and worked with me to get the dates and times that i wanted. they gave options that pulled up on their screen. on the way down we had a stopover, but on the way home was a direct flight. she offered me certain times, but i asked if there were any direct flights and she ended up finding one. after that they sent me a confirmation email which has basically the itinerary from whatever airline you got and your airline confirmation number on it (so you can check online or change your seats). from there it's just like any normal airline purchase, you can check in online or at the gate.

hope you get your call soon. it took me about 2 months to get my call, i sent the voucher in september and got my first call late november. by the time i actually booked with the agent it was mid-december and our trip was mid-january. we paid 60$ in fees.

someone called me and worked with me to get the dates and times that i wanted. they gave options that pulled up on their screen. on the way down we had a stopover, but on the way home was a direct flight. she offered me certain times, but i asked if there were any direct flights and she ended up finding one. after that they sent me a confirmation email which has basically the itinerary from whatever airline you got and your airline confirmation number on it (so you can check online or change your seats). from there it's just like any normal airline purchase, you can check in online or at the gate.

hope you get your call soon. it took me about 2 months to get my call, i sent the voucher in september and got my first call late november. by the time i actually booked with the agent it was mid-december and our trip was mid-january. we paid 60$ in fees.

Thanks so much for the replies iggbees and Tobylars!

I've left messages for TLC marketing in Boston but they haven't called me back. :mad:

Do either of you (or anyone) happen to have the phone number of the travel agency they had working with you? I'd really appreciate it.

I don't have any contact info anymore. The travel agents can't help you until your name shows up on their "authorized" list. I asuume they get the list from TLC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter