TJMaxx/Homegoods - where do they get their stock?

janey99

DIS Veteran
I love going to TJMaxx and Homegoods and rooting around to decompress. I've bought everything from wrapping paper to a five foot side table for my upstairs foyer. However, one thing I've never bought there is any type of food, because I really have no idea where they source ANY of their stock from, particularly the food. Some of the non-food items look to be in perfect condition, some are obviously damaged or seconds. Is it the same with the food?

Where does it all come from? Multiple sources, I'm sure, but does anyone know anything about it?

Just wonderin'

Jane

I've wondered that myself. A while back they had a bunch of yankee candle stuff at my local one and it still had the sticky tags from YC on them.

Wow - neat info! Thanks for the link Denise!

I'm still not sure I'd buy food products, though - opportunistic buying is OK for wrapping paper, but not for Easter candy in December!:scared:

Anyone else?

Jane

I don't go in there very much but I can't even remember ever seeing food. Good info however since my SIL buys lots of "gifts" from there. I'll be sure to stay clear of her food gifts. lol

I have purchased Harry & David's, Godiva, Jelly Belly, etc. at TJ MAxx....Yummo:goodvibes

Wow - neat info! Thanks for the link Denise!

I'm still not sure I'd buy food products, though - opportunistic buying is OK for wrapping paper, but not for Easter candy in December!:scared:

Anyone else?

Jane

The expiration date is on everything;)

My daughter buys that chocolate covered blueberries everytime we go. She loves them! I just make sure and really check the expiration dates on anything I get from there and have never had a problem.

I've bought candy, cookies, coffee and sauces from Marshall's. I've nevr had a problem and like someone said there's an expiration date.

Everything we have gotten has been great. I love the peach tea, coffees, and bakery mixes.

There stuff nevers comes off the truck sort either. When I use process at homegoods it was so much misc to in the boxes it took time go through it all.

Former HomeGoods employee.

The expiration date really means nothing to me if I have no idea where the stuff's been!;)

If the packaging is sealed, it really doesn't matter where it's been. You won't get cooties from a box of cookies at TJ Maxx anymore than you would from a box of cookies at the grocery store.

If the packaging is sealed, it really doesn't matter where it's been. You won't get cooties from a box of cookies at TJ Maxx anymore than you would from a box of cookies at the grocery store.
ITA

I don't see any difference between TJ Maxx and a supermarket.

You are right--There is no difference:confused3

If it is sealed and not expired, you are good to go:thumbsup2

I agree.

(and hentob- love the sanita tag :thumbsup2 . I agree, they are fabulous, but I'm still partial to Danskos!)

As long as it's sealed and not expired, I buy from the discount places too. Tuesday Morning has great food products, too, as does Marshalls and sometimes Ross.

I love the discounted gourmet goodies found at discount stores!

I have purchased tea, Syrups, Jams, and cookies there. They have always been very good. I have been very happy with everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter