TIW Expiration

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I believe that I read somewhere here that the TIW is good for 13 months. Is this true? I ask because we are travelling to WDW on the first week of May (actually arriving April 30) 2015 and then again in the third week of June 2016. I want to make sure that if I buy the TIW card on May 1 that it will still be valid on June 30 of the next year. Does this sound right?

I called the TIW number today and the pre-recorded message at the beginning now says the card is good for one year from date of purchase.

It is valid until the end of the month after that in which you purchased it.

So, if you wait until after 1st May 2014 to buy it, it should be good through 30th June 2015.

It is valid until the end of the month after that in which you purchased it.

So, if you wait until after 1st May 2014 to buy it, it should be good through 30th June 2015.

Perfect!

It's not a huge deal, but when I am preparing my trip budgets, I will need to know if I need to add the cost of TIW to the budget. Our current card expires in November 2014 and our trip is in October. So in May, we'd buy a new one to cover 2015 and 2016. If it wouldn't be valid for June 2016, we'd skip it in 2015. In 2016, we are travelling with the WHOLE family (15 people) and we definitely want the TIW for that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter