TIW/DDE ?'s

dizzneebabe

SOME IMAGINATION!!!
DVC Silver
I'm about to download the online application for the TIW card. I know it's good for 1 yr, but when does the ticker start? Is it when they send me the card or when I first use it, like an AP?

Also, if I use it in addition to the DDP (for drinks, apps, etc) at each meal, will they add the 18% gratuity to the entire bill, including DDP items?

Also, am I right in assuming that I can use the card on a b-day cake?

Thanks!!!!:thumbsup2

I recommend gritting your card at Guest Services that way the clock starts when you arrive.

We did not renew our DDE membership this last summer. But unless things have changed (besides the name) the TIW membership begins the day of purchase.
So if you are not coming to WDW for some time yet, wait before ordering.
The DDE discount was fairly generous. But for counter service could only be used at resorts.
I would assume the tip will be added against anything on your bill.
If you bought a cake at the restaurant, I would assume the discount would be applied. But I would ask at the time of ordering. And ask if the tip is counted against that too.

I wouldn't count on getting the discount on the cake. It may be considered merchandise? Then if you get it, it will be a bonus.

The automatic tip will not be added to your DDP portion of the bill.

I agree that it's best to just purchase DDE when you arrive.

And DDE can't be used at most resorts' counter service spots....just the values, POFQ, SSR and some people have reported POR.

Correct -- the TIW discount and tip would only apply to items being purchased using the discount on your TIW card.
The DDP would be an entirely separate bill and not have anything to do with your TIW purchase.

Correct -- the TIW discount and tip would only apply to items being purchased using the discount on your TIW card.
The DDP would be an entirely separate bill and not have anything to do with your TIW purchase.

Ok, so we'll get two separate bills, then? I've read posts of others getting the DDE on the cake, but you're right--if I don't count on it, it's a bonus. Just trying to get my money's worth from the DDE card, too, naturally
Thanks!

Like the others, I suggest you purchase your TIW card after you arrive. We purchased ours at the CS window @ the Epcot WS entrance. It took less than 5 minutes.

As for the cake, it is my understanding that they will take the TIW card, if you have the cake delivered to your table in a restaurant. If you pick it up or have it delivered to your room, the discount doesn't apply. At restaurants, they will automatically deduct the customary 18% tip for the cake, as well as anything else you plan to use TIW for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter