Tivoli Gardens

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
Our cruise starts in Copenhagen and we will be there for 2 days before. We would like to go to Tivoli Gardens for a bit but had a question about the rides, if anyone has been. My son (14)and husband are both on the larger side, 6’2”, 250+. They fit fine in the rides at Disney but this being an older park and European I am concerned they won’t fit in the seats and safely buckle. They would hate to wait in line and then be embarrassed to be removed for not fitting. My husband doesn’t care about the rides but my son loves them, so I want him to be prepared ahead of time.

I went to Tivoli last summer. I'm 5' 4" and on the heavier side - definitely Pooh sized. I was able to fit in the rides with no problem. I don't know if height would cause an issue. Most of the rides seemed fairly modern and not very old, from what I recall.

Not sure when you're going, but definitely worth spending an evening there to watch the lights come up.

Also. Parade culture is NOTHING like Disney World. I wanted to see the parade featuring the float from Disney World in honor of Tivoli's 150th Anniversary. People started lining up for the 5pm parade at 4:55.

6'2" is a fairly normal height here in Scandinavia, so the height should definitely not be an issue in Tivoli.
Being used to the metric system, I'm not sure about the weight, but given conversion schemas, I don't think that it'll be an issue.
I'm 5'10" and around 210 pounds (so not a slim guy) and none of the rides feels tight. Except for the ones targeted at small kids having a parent as co-pilot...

As mentioned above, most of the rides are quite modern - especially the ones that I could imagine a 14 year old waiting for.
And the lines are actually not that bad - highly impacted by weather though.

I live in the Copenhagen area and work in Copenhagen - go to Tivoli a couple of times per year, so feel free to ask :)

Our cruise starts in Copenhagen and we will be there for 2 days before. We would like to go to Tivoli Gardens for a bit but had a question about the rides, if anyone has been. My son (14)and husband are both on the larger side, 6’2”, 250+. They fit fine in the rides at Disney but this being an older park and European I am concerned they won’t fit in the seats and safely buckle. They would hate to wait in line and then be embarrassed to be removed for not fitting. My husband doesn’t care about the rides but my son loves them, so I want him to be prepared ahead of time.

I am 6'2", 250+, and had no issues that I remember with any of the Tivoli Gardens rides compared to Disneyland or wdw. As you point out that they are older, so it is more discomfort from lack of padding or how you have to bend your legs, than just not fitting overall. Tivoli Gardens was a lot of fun, but be prepared for the very high prices of everything.

6'2" is a fairly normal height here in Scandinavia, so the height should definitely not be an issue in Tivoli.
Being used to the metric system, I'm not sure about the weight, but given conversion schemas, I don't think that it'll be an issue.
I'm 5'10" and around 210 pounds (so not a slim guy) and none of the rides feels tight. Except for the ones targeted at small kids having a parent as co-pilot...

As mentioned above, most of the rides are quite modern - especially the ones that I could imagine a 14 year old waiting for.
And the lines are actually not that bad - highly impacted by weather though.

I live in the Copenhagen area and work in Copenhagen - go to Tivoli a couple of times per year, so feel free to ask :)
Thank you so much! This is quite helpful!

I am 6'2", 250+, and had no issues that I remember with any of the Tivoli Gardens rides compared to Disneyland or wdw. As you point out that they are older, so it is more discomfort from lack of padding or how you have to bend your legs, than just not fitting overall. Tivoli Gardens was a lot of fun, but be prepared for the very high prices of everything.
Perfect! I appreciate your input- thank you! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter