Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
Tipsy is As Tipsy Does

Mama Always Said Disney Drinks are Like a Box of Chocolate, You Never Know What You're Going to Get....

Or in the case of my family, by now those of you who have joined me before more pretty much know exactly what you're going to get.

Some of this

And even more of this

Hi! My name is Kari and since admission is the first step, I may have a slight Disney World problem. A problem I find can best be cured by multiple trips a year and of course copious amounts of food and tipsiness while we are there.

I'm a 40-something Washingtonian who works way too hard during the day and indulges in lots of good food, wine, and Disney to help keep my sanity.

With me on the trip is my little family of 3.

My husband, Jason, is a professional chef turned stay at home Dad, who shares my passion for Disney, food, and of course drink.
67231587-e7f6-478c-b7c8-f34121c6d996.jpg

And the star of our dining reports (and lives) is our daughter, Casey, who was celebrating her 6th birthday on this trip.

While just 6, Casey is a little foodie in the making. She loves sushi (or slushi to her), octopus, calamari, salad, and just about everything else most 6 year olds don't want to touch. She'll still pick a princess over a good meal, but I'm working on her. :-)

And for the first time, I'd like to introduce a new addition to the family. I've been keeping it a secret, but now I can unveil: IT'S A BOY...

He's a little older than we'd planned for, but he fits into the family just fine.

Meet my brother Matthew. He was raised with the same love of Disney as me and even did the college program back in the day.

Here we are circa 1980, knee socks and all.

He isn't quite the foodie that we are (he survived most of his twenties on chicken tenders and breakfast burritos)
, but for what he lacks for in taste he makes up for in drinks.

Matthew is a teacher in Texas so we don't get to see him as often as we like, so joining us on the trip was a real coup.

Now for the trip!!!! This was another 9 day Disney Drinking & Dining Extravaganza. We were there from 3-11 February, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We ate at each of the Lodge's amazing restaurants in addition to returning to some tried and true favorites (Narcoossee's, Yacthsman, Via Napoli, Yak N Yeti, California Grill, Tiffins, and many more). We even made it to Disney Springs where we indulged in quite a few new to us places and even better new to us food and drinks.

So there you have it. If you're into this...

And this...

abea9974-d3fc-4f7d-9102-8ac723bec891.jpg

Then we are the family for you.

And That's All I Have to Say About That.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Your trips report are such a pleasure to read.

Your brother is cute! Send him a single sister's way...lol.

And that first pic of your daughter? Please tell me you're going to put it in her senior yearbook. Its too good.

I'm so excited! I'm actually in at the beginning instead of playing catch up. The downside? I'll be "Grr, when is the next update?"

And for the first time, I'd like to introduce a new addition to the family. I've been keeping it a secret, but now I can unveil: IT'S A BOY...

He's a little older than we'd planned for, but he fits into the family just fine.

STOP IT RIGHT NOW, I thought you were having a baby :rotfl2:

Here are are circa 1980, knee socks and all.

Holy cow, I totally see 80's Casey in this pic!!

You know I'm down for a good week long Kari & crew dining report :cool1: So excited to hear of all of your booze-filled adventures!!

Love the face painting in the first picture. My daughter (6) keeps asking to get her face pained when we are out and I keep telling her no. One day I will probably have to say yes. My DD would love to go to Disney as often as yours.

I loved your last report, I can't wait to read this one. We're heading down to CR in August and we can't wait to go again.

Love to read your reviews. I am anxiously awaiting your first one. Great pics in the introduction! It is remarkable how much you and Casey look alike!

Great title, awesome, goofy pictures, and you say there is delicious food and amazing drinks to follow, what's not to like, I am in!

Oh, hello there. I'm sorry, I must be in the wrong place. I was looking for the latest dining report from Kari but I've been directed to a thread with "Tipsy" in the title, so I surely must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.

donald laugh.gif

Oh, and about those knee socks. If I went to my parents house to dig out our 1983 trip pictures, I'm pretty sure I have the same socks on!

Yay, your new report! Love the title, LOL! Your brother looks like a lot of fun, I'm sure he fits right in with the rest of you :-)

Sounds like it was a great trip, and how fun for Miss Casey to celebrate her birthday at WDW. Bring on the food and booze! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!