Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

Our driver was hitting up a Raspberry and White Chocolate Milkshake.

Why did I not know this existed? Now I need to go back to SciFi!

This is a Black Bean and Vegetable Patty topped with a warm House-made Tomato Jam, Arugula, fresh Tomatoes, and Avocado Mayonnaise on a Toasted Bun with Sweet Potato Fries. My brother only eats chicken and seafood (this from the kid that only ate hamburgers for most of our childhood), but why he elected to go veggie is beyond me. I most definitely did not try this, but he liked all of the toppings but just not the "patty." Probably because it was made from beans and veggies. Hello? :P He did enjoy the sweet potato fries though.

This reminds me of my husband getting the black bean burger at Liberty Tree Tavern a few years ago. He LOVED it, though, and still talks about it. I don't understand it either.

Glad to see positive review of Sci-Fi- we have it booked for our june trip and i was kind of on the fence. I know its not outstanding, but your review is good enough :) Your DD is such a sweet looking girl. Thanks for sharing!

Sci-if seems like a pretty decent lunch venue, plus the cars are just too cute! Glad you survived ToT, I didn't, one and done, for me!

Casey is so adorable as Moana, she can really "ham" it up for the pictures. We are always those pesky hitchhikers at the Sci-fi! Jason's burger looks really good. I am always nervous when I ride ToT but then I am glad I did it.

What's this crap about not riding TOT?? :donald:That's my substitute for a chicken emoji. At least you put your big girl pants on and rode!
Your food at Sci Fi always looks good; unfortunately Steve has no desire to go back. I'd probably have more luck getting him there when the kids are with us because they both liked it.
I loved Casey as Moana the first time I saw the pic and I love it now! Love her birthday button, too :)bad

I laughed when I saw your baileys coffee as it's one of my favorite things though here I drink it hot and with added whipped cream in top. My daughter told her teacher when she was 6 that her mum liked a " wee bottle of baileys on a Friday" . She meant a " miniature" not a 70cl honest to God she did!! That was a fun school diary entry to read and then have said teacher raise her eyebrows at me at pick up time
Scifi looks great

I just wanted to say I love reading your reports... I started over a year ago planning and many of the places we have chosen have been because of you! lol We are going to celebrate our daughters 21st Bday in WDW this August (we took her when she was 3 and 9 and we live in California so we have had countless trips to Disneyland also). Much like your DD Casey our daughter was eating adult food and pretty sure she thought she was an adult at 2 lol and she was an only child till she was 5 1/2 :)
Anyway I don't know why I felt the need to tell you all of these things lol I just feel like I know you after reading all of your reports...lol
Thank you for all the great reports!!

I love how you miss your favorite lunch spot because of your husband. True Love right there ;).

Good think you had no hitchhikers! They are known to cause some trouble!

Glad you had a decent meal there, aside of the mess that your brother ordered. That just sounds and looks so bad.

You deserve that Bailey's for handling ToT for the first time in forever! I adore that Casey loves Great Movie Ride! The alien scene in that is my favorite!

Omg that Moana wig!!!! Dying! Looks better than the real Moana ;) I still think it's weird that I'm actually a LOT older than the princesses. Even Mary Poppins and I are probably the same age??

I love that you love Sci-Fi. I've never done it and I think the kids would think it's cool. Now that Starring Rolls is gone (pour one out) I might add that to our DHS plans. Also, friends don't let friends order veggie burgers.

I'm joining the party! I'm lovin' your report. Your family seems super fun and your daughter is adorable! I'm going to have to try that pot roast macaroni and cheese on our next trip :cloud9:. Sci Fi is on our must do list for our next trip too. Jiko looks pretty appealing!

Hey Jason and Matthew had the same meal Bill and I had last March! I loved the veggie burger and Bill heartily agrees with Jason on the boursin burger being his fave! I love Sci Fi but I am going to save it for our next family trip and am going to try your HS fave this summer. Can Casey be any cuter? She is getting so tall!
Sounds like you enjoyed the veggie burger much more than Matthew. Fingers crossed you enjoy 50's even more.
Love your reviews.:love: Looking forward to the rest.
Thanks so much!

I love that she love GMR that much! My girls had no idea what was going on half the time, since they only knew The Wizard of Oz and one other movie, I think.
Casey oddly loved it before she even knew what Wizard of Oz was. My kid is an old soul and GMR is a personification of that.

Hmmm, she doesn't seem very Hawaiian... This will probably be something we have to hit on our next trip, none the less.
She most definitely wasn't very Hawaiian. I'm thinking she may have come over from the Princess Elena auditions :-)

More small things!!!!
Yes and either fortunately or unfortunately they just got bigger after this

Why did I not know this existed? Now I need to go back to SciFi!
They have milkshake specials daily, of which this was one. I have no idea how often they turn them over though

This reminds me of my husband getting the black bean burger at Liberty Tree Tavern a few years ago. He LOVED it, though, and still talks about it. I don't understand it either.
Glad he loved it but still #Confused :-)

Glad to see positive review of Sci-Fi- we have it booked for our june trip and i was kind of on the fence. I know its not outstanding, but your review is good enough :) Your DD is such a sweet looking girl. Thanks for sharing!
Awesome, hope you all enjoy. The food is definitely good, just not going to blow you away. But the cool atmosphere most definitely will.

Sci-if seems like a pretty decent lunch venue, plus the cars are just too cute! Glad you survived ToT, I didn't, one and done, for me!
Yep I survived and now Casey seems to be contemplating it, so I may have to do it again o_O

:laughing: that is so cute!
Ah, thanks

Casey is so adorable as Moana, she can really "ham" it up for the pictures. We are always those pesky hitchhikers at the Sci-fi! Jason's burger looks really good. I am always nervous when I ride ToT but then I am glad I did it.
Casey has clearly never met a photo she didn't want to pose for. My best friend had her at the mall last weekend and she was dying at Casey wanting to pose and have her photo taken everywhere. :-)

I always enjoy your reviews. Loving this one so far!
Thank you so much, hopefully more coming up shortly.

What's this crap about not riding TOT?? :donald:That's my substitute for a chicken emoji. At least you put your big girl pants on and rode!
Your food at Sci Fi always looks good; unfortunately Steve has no desire to go back. I'd probably have more luck getting him there when the kids are with us because they both liked it.
I loved Casey as Moana the first time I saw the pic and I love it now! Love her birthday button, too :)bad
Well :thanks:right back at you (the sign post is my euphemism for my middle finger :P) I'll actually ride it, Jason just won't (he has a massive fear of falling and well, thats about all ToT is about). So since he won't ride it and Casey wasn't big enough, it had been almost 2 decades for me. But Casey seems to be warming to the idea so glad I got a reminder of what it is before she's ready :-)

I laughed when I saw your baileys coffee as it's one of my favorite things though here I drink it hot and with added whipped cream in top. My daughter told her teacher when she was 6 that her mum liked a " wee bottle of baileys on a Friday" . She meant a " miniature" not a 70cl honest to God she did!! That was a fun school diary entry to read and then have said teacher raise her eyebrows at me at pick up time
Scifi looks great
I'm sure it won't shock you to know I'm a big fan of hot baileys and coffee too. Hot, cold, medium, I don't discriminate :-)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Dying at your story and wee bottle of baileys. Though I'm not sure I believe you on it really being miniature :P And the teacher probably wasn't raising her eyebrows, just wondering where her wee bottle was :drinking1

Related Casey brought up a school worksheet just last week where she had to list 3 things she'd like a hundred of (hers were donuts. rings and gold Casey's (gold statues of herself) and 1 thing she would never want a 100 of. Her she'd never want 100 of item was BEER!!!!

I just wanted to say I love reading your reports... I started over a year ago planning and many of the places we have chosen have been because of you! lol We are going to celebrate our daughters 21st Bday in WDW this August (we took her when she was 3 and 9 and we live in California so we have had countless trips to Disneyland also). Much like your DD Casey our daughter was eating adult food and pretty sure she thought she was an adult at 2 lol and she was an only child till she was 5 1/2 :)
Anyway I don't know why I felt the need to tell you all of these things lol I just feel like I know you after reading all of your reports...lol
Thank you for all the great reports!!
Wow, thank you so much. I'm just so grateful if anything good can come out of my eating and drinking :drinking1 I hope you are going to do a food report on your trip. I'd love to hear all about it and see what you try.

Sounds like we have raised some pretty similar girls. We joke Casey came out of the womb like a little adult, we're just hear to make sure she doesn't hurt herself :-) Hopefully we'll be as lucky as you and she still likes me enough at 21 to want to spend her bday with me.

Joining! Loving your report so far, but it's making me hungry... :rotfl:
Awesome, thanks so much. I make myself hangry too :-)

I love how you miss your favorite lunch spot because of your husband. True Love right there ;).

Good think you had no hitchhikers! They are known to cause some trouble!

Glad you had a decent meal there, aside of the mess that your brother ordered. That just sounds and looks so bad.

You deserve that Bailey's for handling ToT for the first time in forever! I adore that Casey loves Great Movie Ride! The alien scene in that is my favorite!
I know right, the sacrifices we make for our men. They better appreciate us :-)

One of Casey's many dreams for when she gets older is to work at the Great Movie Ride. I don't have the heart to tell her it will probably be gone, but then again when I first went on it almost 30 years ago who knew it would still be going strong or strongish at least :-)

Omg that Moana wig!!!! Dying! Looks better than the real Moana ;) I still think it's weird that I'm actually a LOT older than the princesses. Even Mary Poppins and I are probably the same age??

I love that you love Sci-Fi. I've never done it and I think the kids would think it's cool. Now that Starring Rolls is gone (pour one out) I might add that to our DHS plans. Also, friends don't let friends order veggie burgers.
Casey does look pretty good in her Moana outfit. And you should all be grateful I didn't post the one of Jason in it :-)

Man, I never thought of Princesses ages before but I'm totally old enough to be their very young grandmas now. And soon I may eclipse Mary Poppins. What's next? Mrs. Potts????

I'm joining the party! I'm lovin' your report. Your family seems super fun and your daughter is adorable! I'm going to have to try that pot roast macaroni and cheese on our next trip :cloud9:. Sci Fi is on our must do list for our next trip too. Jiko looks pretty appealing!
Welcome!!!!!!!!! I kind like my family, but I may be slightly partial :-)

Buses, Boats, and Automobiles

After we got back to the lodge Jason went for a run, Casey went for a swim, and I went for the rum....

This is the CocoJito, RumHaven Coconut Rum, Coconut Water, and fresh Lime Juice topped with Soda Water. I ended up having a few of these on the trip and they hit the proverbial refreshing yet boozy spot!

It was eventually time for dinner and Matthew was meeting us at the Grand Floridian for the night. We left our room with over an hour to go, but we ended up waiting forever for a bus. Buses came about the same time to both MK and AK and we decided to bus to MK figuring a boat was better than chancing another lengthy wait for a bus. In not so subtly guised foreshadowing, this was not a good decision. When we finally made it to MK a boat was pulling out, but since they are staggered we figured it would be no more than 10 minutes till we saw another one. Turns out the worlds slowest boat driver (nicknamed Slowboat Willie by yours truly) was on the clock and the boats were literally running one right after the other. We ended up waiting a good 25 minutes before it ever came our direction. Thankfully my brother was at the restaurant already so he could at least let them know we were on our way. Eventually Slowboat Willie made his way to the dock and not surprisingly the other one was right behind him. When Willie saw the other boat he commented it had been riding his butt all night. Clearly he did not take that as a sign to hustle it along.

We eventually made it to our dining spot, Narcoossee's about 30 minutes past our reservation. This turned out to be some sort of cosmic karma because we planned to watch the fireworks at 8, but turns out the weren't until 9. #Oops. So that meant a nice and slow dinner for us. Guess I should thank Slowboat Willie after all.

For those who have read my reviews before, you'll likely be seeing some items for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th time. I am decidedly not a creature of habit and like to try new things, but Narcoossee's is the one place where we let that notion fly out the window and enjoy the same things year after year.

For our drinks I went with the Margarita...

Jason the Moscow Mule

And Matthew some kind of fruity martini

None of these were standout, but they were booze, so consider us happy.

For an appetizer we all shared the Crispy Rhode Island Calamari

This is Fried Calamari Rings with a Peppadew-Banana Pepper and Olive Relish and Tomato Coulis. While I wish they included legs with the rings, the calamari is exceptionally tender and fried to perfection. The pepper and olive relish adds a slightly spicy and briny flavor that goes really well with them fried little critters.

While we waited for our entrees some photos were in order.

And the boys didn't want to be left out.

We ordered a bottle of Conundrum wine to enjoy with our meals. We also got to enjoy the Star Wars fireworks, which we could see in the distance.

Matthew and I ordered the same thing, the Wild-caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta with Savoy Spinach, Oven-roasted Tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Comté Cheese, Chardonnay-Garlic Cream.

Note this is just half the order, as Casey had my other half. Seafood and cheese is rarely a good combination, but here they have somehow found a way to pull it off. The cheese and the chardonnay garlic sauce is rich and decadent and it pairs nicely with the acidity from the tomatoes and earthy spinach. The shrimp were large and plentiful and the epitome of freshness. #Winning

Jason went with another repeat too, the Pan Seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops.

This is served with Trofie Pasta, Marcona Almonds, Sultana Raisins, Herb Crème, Grilled Elf Mushrooms, Haricot Verts, and Lemon-Mustard Jus. And to steal the description from last time, cause it was the same perfect dish again, "this dish is perfect (sans the mushrooms of course). The pasta is more like a spatzel and it is the perfect accompaniment to the cream sauce and perfectly executed scallops. The raisins, almonds, and arugula add some great texture and it all comes together, you guessed it, perfectly! "

We did not make the mistake we made last time and made sure to get dessert. We all shared the amazing Almond Crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce.

While this may be the worst photo ever, the cheesecake is one of my favorite disney desserts. Crunchy almonds, decadent, creamy cheesecake, and a delicious cherry sauce. Though someone enjoyed the chocolate that had been on top a bit more.

After dinner, what do you know, it was time for wishes. This was our first time watching it from here and I really enjoyed the view. It's cool to peer over MK from the California Grill, but I think I preferred the sea level vantage point of Narcoossees as everything was in the right perspective (even the people's heads).

And to probably none of your surprises while the whole restaurant watched Wishes, this kid watched the Electric Water Parade.

Good thing disney is changing the fireworks show, cause she is clearly over Wishes.

This was another great Narcoossee's experiences. Like I said earlier, I don't repeat order very often, but the scallops and shrimp at Narcoossee's are so good I'd dare never wander. With our Tables in Wonderland card we saved $43.70

After dinner we elected to cab it back to the Animal Kingdom Lodge rather than deal with Slowboat Willie or busses again. Good news is we got to AKL in record time. Bad news is our cab driver was going at least 70 mph in a 15 passenger van that had over 300,000 miles on it. Not a scary ride at all. But more wine when we returned to the lodge made sure to calm my nerves :-)

Up next, its not food its art!

Last edited:
Love the pic of Casey as Moana! How cute.

This is the CocoJito, RumHaven Coconut Rum, Coconut Water, and fresh Lime Juice topped with Soda Water. I ended up having a few of these on the trip and they hit the proverbial refreshing yet boozy spot!

Ooh, I have never spotted this one before! Yum.. definitely a good poolside drink.

We left our room with over an hour to go, but we ended up waiting forever for a bus. Buses came about the same time to both MK and AK and we decided to bus to MK figuring a boat was better than chancing another lengthy wait for a bus.

I swear, buses at AK can be crazy. We headed to Sanaa last weekend for a quick lunch and waited about 50 minutes for a bus to MK.

Matthew and I ordered the same thing, the Wild-caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta with Savoy Spinach, Oven-roasted Tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Comté Cheese, Chardonnay-Garlic Cream.

Never fails!! Between that and the almond crusted cheesecake, I think that's one of the best Disney meals. And you're right, seafood + cheese makes me cringe (although alone, those are two of the best things ever), but somehow they manage to do it so well. Did Matthew love it, too!?

Those scallops looks so divine. Good old Disney transportation, love your nickname for the boat captain lol. The shrimp dish looks so good and the dessert oh my, I have to try this sometime, it always gets rave reviews. When we stayed at GF, I would watch the electrical water parade each night from that deck. I love it!

We have dined at Narcoosee's several times during Wishes and we actually prefer watching it from Narcoosee's over Cali Grill. Your pasta looks yummy as well as the calamari Narcoosee's calamari is yummy ::yes:: in our book despite they don't include the legs. I love that Casey has mature palate. So rare in kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter