Tips or Tricks Booking at 8 am at the 7 Month Mark

RedM94

DIS Veteran
Good Morning,

Are there any tips or tricks to booking a non home resort at 8 am on the 7 month mark? Can you start the process earlier than 8 am to be queued for s specific room and then finalize at 8 am.

Thank you,

Rick

You can be all logged in, maybe have your dates and resorts picked but wait until 8:00 to hit search. I am not sure if you can complete the search and be able to book if you get that far in the process before 8:00

you can, and I have walked a 7 month reservation. This is how I secured 7 nights at Cali last march break. Started couple of weeks before and as soon as I could book 7 days booked them, then walked every couple of days. The downfall, if there is one is that anyone that has their home resort advantage can swoop it up. But as I look at it if they were going to take it most times it would have been snagged before the 8 month mark. Give it a try might work

The same tip applies to 11 and 7 month booking window. You can search your dates and room type prior to 8am. Then when the clock strikes 8.00am you hit the booking button and hope that your are the fastest.

I own at akv and will be trying to book November 1-11 but as I am watching the value studio the first day is always gone ... I thought walking was not needed at 8 am 11 months out but I guess I was wrong :-(
I have never walked before, if a week does come up how exactly do I walk if I want ten nights and is there ever any hope for the club level ??
We bought at ak for the value and club level rooms but have enough points for a standard or savanna view. I am sure many people want those value and club room and I don’t have a problem committing to dates 11 months but it seams like it is impossible even at 8 am 11 months out

We bought at ak for the value and club level rooms but have enough points for a standard or savanna view.
For the last couple of years, people have advised against buying into AKV for the value or club level rooms given the small number of units and the popularity of the categories. With the introduction of the new modify tool, walking has become significantly easier, and walkers have increased exponentially, so the situation will only get worse as this practice becomes the norm.
I have never walked before, if a week does come up how exactly do I walk if I want ten nights and is there ever any hope for the club level ??
You're not looking for a week, you're just looking for an entry into the booking. From now until December 1, as soon as an 11-month booking day looks open and is available to book, you need to jump on that immediately at 8am and reserve your first 7 days and start your walk. If you get in, you should be good to walk the 7 days until you hit Dec 1-8. Then you would add the last three days of your booking either each day once the window opens, or all three days once the last day hits the 11+7 day mark.

In terms of club, there are people who are walking multiple months out. I wouldn't be to hopeful about getting in there for the time of year you're looking to go.

Sadly, this is the new normal.

So as soon as a week opens, if it opens I should book but then how do I “modify” it and do I have to do that each day ??

Sorry I am not very tec savvy ...
If I get a week will it be hard to get the last three nights (my husband hates split stays)

If I get a week will it be hard to get the last three nights (my husband hates split stays)
You're actually looking for a single day you can jump in exactly at 8am on the 11-month mark.

So for example tomorrow (November 7), you will be looking at availability for October 7th, 2019. If October 7th is unavailable before the window opens at 8am tomorrow (or you fail to be fast enough to get in), try the next day (November 8) for October 8th, 2019... and on the game of walking goes.

If you can book your first seven days exactly on the 11 month mark, you have started your walk. Some time before the end of your temporary booking, you'll want to modify your reservation:

My DVC Membership>Dashboard>[Reservation drop down]>View or Modify Details>[Resort and Dates]

Change your your dates to shift the reservation to the next several days, always pushing up to the 11+7 day mark. Once you get your walk in, no one can get in front of you or block you out. Assuming a room doesn't get taken out of service, you should be able to complete your 10 day block once your 10 day block is completely available.

Godspeed.

So just try to get one day at 8 am and then add nine more days one day at a time or more if possible, then shift each day by one day until my vacation starts on November 1, 2019 using a modify thing ...
What happens if one day I can’t get in or the site is down (seams like it glitchy)

So just try to get one day at 8 am and then add nine more days one day at a time or more if possible, then shift each day by one day until my vacation starts on November 1, 2019 using a modify thing ...
What happens if one day I can’t get in or the site is down (seams like it glitchy)
What I did was I started a phone call before going online, then tried online, if it worked before I got a hold of someone on the phone, I hung up, otherwise I had them help me.

You'll want to book the full 11+7 at 8am, so all seven days, not just the first day. You don't have to modify each day, but some people do. It's very easy to do online.

Walking every 3-4 days should be pretty safe (again, for high demand, walked rooms like value during DVC high season or Club all year) you could get blocked out if rooms are taken out of service, but that's probably unlikely. The point is when you walk, you want to pus as far out as you can - which would be 11+7 from whatever day you shift your reservation.

If a glitch does happen during your walk, just pick up the horn at 9am and reach out and touch someone. Have you manage to get your walk started?

We just walked successfully at BCV for a stay in May. We booked a 7 night stay on a Saturday and walked it to the following Wednesday at 8:00am, there were single nights coming and going that we noticed, so we think maybe we weren’t alone on our walk.

Just to confirm: if I need 3 one time use points to complete my reservation, I have to call at 9:00 EST, correct? I cannot purchase those online?

My 7 month window opens Friday. I plan on booking all but the last night on Friday at 8:00 and then calling member services to book the last one with the 3 OTU points.

Just to confirm: if I need 3 one time use points to complete my reservation, I have to call at 9:00 EST, correct? I cannot purchase those online?

My 7 month window opens Friday. I plan on booking all but the last night on Friday at 8:00 and then calling member services to book the last one with the 3 OTU points.

Yes, you have to buy them directly from Members Services and can't buy them online. But, what I would do, is reserve as many days as you have points for, right at 8 AM. Then call up member Services at 9 AM, buy the points and have them add the last day.

We are new to DVC and are booking our first trip home Friday at the start of our 7 month window. My question is we are looking to do a split stay, will I be able to book 4 nights at one resort and 4 at another because it will be two reservation numbers ? Do I have to wait 4 more days after my 1st reservation for my next 7 month window? Thanks

We are new to DVC and are booking our first trip home Friday at the start of our 7 month window. My question is we are looking to do a split stay, will I be able to book 4 nights at one resort and 4 at another because it will be two reservation numbers ? Do I have to wait 4 more days after my 1st reservation for my next 7 month window? Thanks

You will only be able to book the first 4 nights at the 7 month window for that stay. For the second part, you have to wait until the 7 month window starts. Split stays are really just two different reservations so the 7 month (or 11 month) rule applies for each on its own! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter