Tips on EMH

MainMom

DIS Veteran
I'm a WDW vet with our 2 most recent trips being the past 2 summers. They were excellent trips (1 with 11 people, 1 with my family of 4) and we did/saw more than trips of the past.

This summer my 15yo. DD and I are going to WDW together at the end of July to celebrate our summer birthday's (40 & 16!) On our previous 2 trips the only EMH we did was one morning at MK. This trip I have planned an Evening EMH at MK (10pm-12am) and 1 EMH morning each at AK and DHS. We do ride the thrill rides + will have at 2 other days at MK with FP's and one at AK.

I book our FP's tomorrow and my question is, what have you been able to get done in these parks EMH? I know in the past I have not scheduled EE FP's for our AK morning and we went right to it and rode a few times in a row with little to no wait saving our FP's for other rides. In DHS our goal is multiple TSMM rides (we rode 4 times in a row last summer at opening) and TOT, everything else is just bonus and this is our least favorite park. Will I likely be able to do this on an EMH morning? Do I need FP's for DHS on EMH or should we save them for our afternoon park hop? Thoughts? Strategies? Thank you!

You use the same strategy I use for EMH mornings. Go to my favorite ride, TSM, Thunder, and ride till the line gets too long. Get a FP for that ride later, 10am or so. AK, I will be going to Pandora with at least a FP for one of the rides there.

Don't know about EMH evenings. Haven't done that.

We were just there 5/12-5/17 so it was lower crowds than summer but here's what I found:

1) AK EMH we went right to EE & rode I think 4 times in a row with little wait (I only went on once though...no way my stomach could handle 4 times). Then we did the safari around 9:30 with about a 20 minute wait. This was pre-Pandora though so not sure how that & summer crowds would affect you. I was thinking FP one of the Pandora rides & rope drop the other (if interested). If not, then you could rope drop EE.

2) HS EMH we went right to RnR & boys rode that 2 times standby with around a 15-20 minute wait. Then we rode ToT with a 15 minute wait. Sounds like TSM & ToT are your priorities so I would rope drop TSM & hopefully ride that a few times standby then head to ToT & ride that standby and save FP's for your afternoon park.

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get everything that you want.

Epcot- EMH morning (Thursday) I can standby Soaring, Frozen Ever After TT and be done all three rides before 9:30 I have done this 3 times now and will always do it this way from now on

Thank you! I managed to get everything at the times we wanted. I have FoP for our AK evening and Navi for our AK morning. I did book FP for our EMH DHS morning because the park we hop to is Epcot and we will have been there once already with FP and the choices are so limited. I might end up changing this. I'm just undecided at this point. Too many decisions. ;)

What rides could you get done?
Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, meeting Anna & Elsa when they were at MK...basically, we rode whatever we wanted. Things like HM & BTMRR were walk-on, SM had probably a 10-minute wait, A&E were about a 10-minute wait, & 7DMT was probably about a 20-minute wait at the very end of EMH.

We were just there 5/12-5/17 so it was lower crowds than summer but here's what I found:

1) AK EMH we went right to EE & rode I think 4 times in a row with little wait (I only went on once though...no way my stomach could handle 4 times). Then we did the safari around 9:30 with about a 20 minute wait. This was pre-Pandora though so not sure how that & summer crowds would affect you. I was thinking FP one of the Pandora rides & rope drop the other (if interested). If not, then you could rope drop EE.

2) HS EMH we went right to RnR & boys rode that 2 times standby with around a 15-20 minute wait. Then we rode ToT with a 15 minute wait. Sounds like TSM & ToT are your priorities so I would rope drop TSM & hopefully ride that a few times standby then head to ToT & ride that standby and save FP's for your afternoon park.

Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get everything that you want.

We also are just back and were there 19th-23rd, so pre Pandora. We did EMH 8-9 at AK and I completely agree with #1 above. We rode EE twice and then went to safari with pretty much a walk on wait of maybe 10 minutes. Also did Dinosaur, where it was probably a 20-25 minute wait by 9:45. After Dino we left as we were meeting family off site for brunch..

As for DHS, again we did EMH 8-9 and we hit TSMM first and again walk on wait time. We then went to RnRC and did single rider followed by TOT with about a 25 minute wait. I have to say this is our first trip where single rider for RnRC didn't actually back up! We used it multiple times and it was always 20 minutes or less. The key to that is making sure the line for singles is NOT winding down the ramps!! Probably THE best advice I've ever gotten on these boards!

Our trip strategy is always RD/EMH if available. Mid day break, FP scheduled at a different park starting 4 or later...We never waited in any lines longer than 30-40 minutes by choice (and if it is longer we don't bother). Enjoy!

Our experience with evening EMH at MK has been great. We were able to get a lot done.

I hope things go this well for us in a few weeks! We will be doing the 11-1 EMH at MK on June 28th. Hoping for smaller crowds and lots of ride time :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter