Tips needed for Disney Cruise / Covid vaccine requirements

gw99

Earning My Ears
I know this is probably an obvious no, but I'm wondering what my options are.

I am trying to book a disney cruise for Aug 20-25, 2022. My toddler turns 5 on August 18th. I am trying to take her to get the vaccine tomorrow... but will she be able to go on the cruise with me. Is there anyway this would be possible?
it's supposed to be a birthday trip for her, I'd appreciate any help, and I'm sure these kind of things are asked frequently.

Thanks so much...

COVID-19 Vaccination​

Learn about the requirements for COVID-19 vaccination at the time of sailing.

COVID-19 Vaccination: For sailings departing US and Canadian ports through September 1, 2022, Disney Cruise Line requires Guests ages 5 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Beginning September 2, 2022, for sailings departing US and Canadian ports, Disney Cruise Line will require Guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the CDC. In consideration of CDC guidance, Disney Cruise Line highly recommends that Guests ages 11 and younger be fully vaccinated before sailing.

Based on this on the DCL website, she would not be able to go since she is not fully vaccinated. If sailing after Sept 2nd, only 12 and older needs to be fully vaccinated.

I would suggest going after Sept 2nd if possible.

I know this is probably an obvious no, but I'm wondering what my options are.

I am trying to book a disney cruise for Aug 20-25, 2022. My toddler turns 5 on August 18th. I am trying to take her to get the vaccine tomorrow... but will she be able to go on the cruise with me. Is there anyway this would be possible?
it's supposed to be a birthday trip for her, I'd appreciate any help, and I'm sure these kind of things are asked frequently.

Thanks so much...
Not according to the vaccine policy on their website. She will be 5 at sail date, and therefore subject to the current vaccination requirements. August 20th is in 5 days, so getting her a vaccine shot tomorrow will not make her fully vaccinated by sail date. Being fully vaccinated doesn't occur until a few weeks after the second shot.

I agree with a PP- sail after September 2nd, when the vaccination requirements change.

Last edited:
Another question... are birth certs required for 5 year olds on closed loops? how do they know age? lol

Another question... are birth certs required for 5 year olds on closed loops? how do they know age? lol
Either a passport or birth certificate is required, yes. DCL needs proof of the age and citizenship of everyone onboard. They won't just take your word for it- this is international travel. See below:

1660618584340.png

There is a grace period from when they turn 5 to when they need to be vaccinated. I think it’s about 6 weeks. Therefore, newly 5 year old don’t actually need to be full vaccinated until they are 5 and 6 weeks (or whatever the grace period is.) If you call to book, you should be able to confirm this.

THIS ^^
The birthday is only 2 days before embarkation. They have been allowing kids in that situation to board, they just need to test as a younger unvaccinated child.
I love hearing good news like this. Is there something i need to do to have them marked in the system with this sort of exception?

I love hearing good news like this. Is there something i need to do to have them marked in the system with this sort of exception?
Since your child will still be 4 when you set-up the SafePassage account, it will probably automatically show the testing for that age. But you could contact SafePassage with questions.

We did this with my son who turned 5 on our cruise. We just had to follow the unvaccinated child protocols (uploading a negative test from 3 days prior) and all was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!