Tips for Driving to the Port

granger

Earning My Ears
We will driving down to the Port where we cruise from. Is thier any tips on the best way to go about this? I am concened about baggage handling,parking etc. Any help would be great thanks

Also what is the weather like in late April?

Hi, granger. Welcome to the DIS boards.

I have directions and maps at my web site.

www.dcltribute.com/directions

When you enter the cruise terminal property, you'll be asked to show identification at the proprty entrance. You won't be admitted onto the terminal property until they verify that you are on the list to sail that day. Once they've made that verification, you'll be able to pull right up to the building to off-load your luggage. Then you'll drive back to the outer parking lots (the inner parking lots have been closed due to security precautions). You'll need to pay for your entire parking term when you enter the parking lot (3-day = $21, 4-day = $28, 7-day = $49). They accept cash, MasterCard, and VISA). Then your entire party will need to pass through a security checkpoint somewhere in the parking lot. You'll be bused back to the terminal.

April weather is typically warm... 70's or 80's, but could be as cool as the 50's or 60's. That's for Florida. The Bahamas should be in the 70's or 80's. St Maarten and St Thomas are in the 70's/80's year-round.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, this is are second time on the cruise( last year jan) and we loved it. Trying to save cost's by driving down from central Ill, I hope that is not a mistake!

Any other info you have is apprecited-thanks

You'll probably want to break your trip up into two days. Not sure where in Illinois you'll be coming from, but you'll probably take I-24 to I-75. Take I-75 through Georgia to I-10. Take I-10 east to I-95 at Jax, and take I-95 south to Exit 77, and then follow the directions at my site.

You'll probably also be needing a hotel at the port the night before the cruise. Here is my summary of the hotel options:

www.dcltribute.com/spacecoast/hotels.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter