• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping Oil Delivery Man

ctinct

DIS Veteran
Is it appropriate to tip an oil delivery man? I got oil last week (I am not on automatic delivery; I have to call) and the poor guy climbed some serious snow banks to deliver my oil. I know some people at work were saying they have to clear a path to their pipe or their companies won't deliver. Anyhow, I really needed oil, because I hadn't been keeping a good eye on it, and they came out the day I called, so I didn't have time to clear a path. Thank goodness I got oil last week, as the snow banks are over my head now. Anyhow, I wasn't home when the delivery was made, so can I include a tip with my payment, or is this a no-no? On the flip side, is this something I should be doing on a regular basis? I've never heard of it, but this guy went above and beyond.

My bill is about $750. Would ten dollars be enough?

Is it appropriate to tip an oil delivery man? I got oil last week (I am not on automatic delivery; I have to call) and the poor guy climbed some serious snow banks to deliver my oil. I know some people at work were saying they have to clear a path to their pipe or their companies won't deliver. Anyhow, I really needed oil, because I hadn't been keeping a good eye on it, and they came out the day I called, so I didn't have time to clear a path. Thank goodness I got oil last week, as the snow banks are over my head now. Anyhow, I wasn't home when the delivery was made, so can I include a tip with my payment, or is this a no-no? On the flip side, is this something I should be doing on a regular basis? I've never heard of it, but this guy went above and beyond.

It snows in New England. Oil is approaching $3.50 per barrel. He will be back because its cold and I have NEVER heard of tipping an oil delivery man until you ran out, he came out in the middle of the night and had to restart your boiler and then you would be paying for an "off hours call" and a service call. I don't tip.

whew, I was wondering what an Oil Delivery Man was...guess its because I've lived in Florida my whole life, never heard of such a thing

You don't need to tip him- but you are lucky he delivered. Around here, there's a path to the pipes or you don't get oil- just like the mail box!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter