Tipping for room service

dizneygirl3

Mouseketeer
How does everyone decide on how much to tip for room service or do you? I've never cruised before, but in a regular hotel tipping for room service can be pretty pricey. How does it compare?
You guys give the absolute best advice on this board!! :thumbsup2

I gave the server who brought us coffee, fruit and bagels every morning $2. That is what a friend told me she gave. It was just for two of us. I guess if I was ordering for more people I would tip more.

I kept a stack of ones in the top drawer closest to the door. We tipped $1 per item, usually. Like at happy hour, we ordered the All Hands on Deck and 3 bowls of fruit for our 3 DD's and gave the server $4.

There was another thread on this exact topic just yesterday....check it out and you will find more responses.....

But basically $2-$3 dollars per room service visit is average....more if you order a ton of stuff or less if you just order a coffee. They are grateful for whatever they receive and in 15 DCL cruises never felt the room service waiters were waiting with their hands out....quite the opposite...I had to say here...please take this and thank you. Much different experience than hotel room service waiters.

I was surprised on the cruise we just got off of that I could've added a tip to the receipt when I signed for room service. I had taken a stack of $1s but really did not need those. FYI.

We never had a receipt to sign. I'm guessing that's because we never ordered anything that wasn't free? Since their wasn't a receipt to sign, the $1 was the only way to tip. Either way- the room service was the greatest!! It's a shame some people don't know about it or don't find the pricelist in their stateroom information book! All thanks to the DIS for me!!!

I just prefer to tip in cash....not waiting around for DCL to reimburse them....cold hard cash....to me that is the best way.

We also keep a stack of $1s in the drawer for this purpose....

It depended on what we ordered and the time of day for us for how much we tipped. If multiple items, then we'd give $2 or $3; if just a late-night Mickey bar, then just $1. One time I ordered for my 9 yr old and then left the room while DH was out on the verandah. I made sure that my DS had the $1 for tipping before I left. When I got back, my DH told me he was scrambling to find change for the tip (never mind that I had already shown the whole family where the dollars were for tipping including DH!). I asked him why he was looking for it... turned out that DS had tipped the CM but DH didn't know it, so DH was also tipping him :)

Then there was the time that Maclean had our dessert sent to our room after the late dinner seating (formal night - DS#1 fell apart at dinner so I had excused him and myself from the table, and then while we were gone, DS#2 ended up puking his mac/cheese and chicken so he and DH had also had to leave early). Anyway, Maclean sent up dessert for us - creme brulee cheesecake - OMG!!! yum!!! -- and we gave a big room-service tip that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter