Tip For Saving a few $$$ In Orlando

dioxide45

DIS Veteran
If you are going to Orlando in January or February and staying off site and plan to eat as some of the chain restaurants off site, check out your local restaurants with locations in Orlando. If they have locations there, check out their gift card deals. Many are offering $5 bonus cards for buying $25 in cards. You can buy them now and use the bonus card and gift card when you visit Orlando. In many cases you can only use on $5 card at a time, but saving a few dollars is better than nothing.

Do you know which restaurants are participating in this?

I know Outback Steakhouse has a $20 bonus card for $100 in GC purchases. I think Darden Restaurant Group (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc) has a similar offer available on-line.

Also, sometimes restaurant.com gift certificates go on a major sale - like 90% off. You can then sometimes get a $25 gift certificate for about $1. There are restrictions, but you can sometimes find a place that maybe you want to try and save some money. I was looking into that once, and found larger gift certificates ($100 ones) but then read the minimum before discount - so didn't buy those! But my friend uses them sometimes, and it's a nice way to save some. Always look for a discount code online, as there is frequently one.

And, I go through the American Airlines shopping link, for the 15 miles per dollar spent. Love seeing those miles add up.

Restaurant.com also has their feed it forward plan going on right now, you can get free $10 gift certificates to Orlando (and any other place in the US) restaurants. I picked up a couple to the Cricketeers Arms, $10 off a $20 purchase is pretty good that will get us a couple of fish and chip dinners.

Restaurant.com is good, but those tend to be out of the way places and very few chains participate. If you are looking at a chain restaurant, the GC option is a decent one.

When we go to Orlando, I usually bring the Entertainment coupon book. Now until Xmas, you can pick-up a copy at entertainment.com for $19.99 with free shipping. The books usually go for $30-$35 plus shipping. If you wait until mid-year (like I do), you can usually get it for even less. There are lots of 2-for-1 coupons at local restaurants as well as some chain restaurants. It usually pays for itself after using it two times.

Hello

Thank you for sharing the information. Please keep sharing more and more .

Have a nice day

Sounds like too many restrictions to be worth it. So you buy a 20 dollar card, get a 5 dollar card free? Then you can only spend 5 bucks at a time? So I would have to eat at that restaraunt 5 times?!?!

IMHO I think there are better ways to save money while on holidays. Such as going to a local grocery store for a few meals.

This is actually a great idea for many of us. For example at IHOP if you buy a $25 gift certificate you get a $5 coupon for use by Jan 31st, most offers actually have their coupons expiring at the end of February. I can spend the $25 and get my free coupon and when I go to Florida and dine at IHOP I can use the $5 coupon off the meal and then use my $25 gift certificate to pay for the balance. Chilis used to do the GC with purchase order and so did TGIFridays, not sure if they are doing it this year. Someone already mentioned Outback.:thumbsup2

Sign up for emails at your favorite places that are also in Orlando. Texas de Brazil for example sends me great deals all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter