Tip at PALO

Whatever you feel comfortable with: our service was wonderful and we left $50

Some people leave nothing........others leave more. Enjoy it!:cool1:

This is a hot topic, but as the previous poster said, leave what you're comfortable with. The service is always exceptional and we always leave a generous tip.

Whatever you feel comfortable with: our service was wonderful and we left $50

Some people leave nothing........others leave more. Enjoy it!:cool1:

I wanna be your waiter from now on - where do you dine??????????
I'll bring you whatever you want. :woohoo:

I assume the same goes for Beach Blanket Buffet at dinner given it is table service and is not covered normally.

We went there 1 night and left a small tip.

What does the Palo fee go to? Is that toward a tip also?

50% of the fee goes to DCL and 50% goes to ALL of the people who work in Palo. So your server gets VERY little of the fee. Anything you leave beyond the fee is kept 100% by your server. Now, some will argue this fact, but I do know someone personally who works at Palo and his is what they told me.

50% of the fee goes to DCL and 50% goes to ALL of the people who work in Palo. So your server gets VERY little of the fee. Anything you leave beyond the fee is kept 100% by your server. Now, some will argue this fact, but I do know someone personally who works at Palo and his is what they told me.
Good to know. I've always wondered.

We've always given at least $40 more above the fee each time we've eaten there.

We tipped $20 on a $20 tab. The bill made my eyes pop out of my head, I'm accustomed to paying $100.00 for two people for that kind of meal/service. So we tipped what we'd normally tip for a $100 meal. :)

Are the Palo servers compensated out of the recommended tipping of ~ $11 per day/person or are they tipped separately?

We went to brunch a couple of times last trip and always had the same waiter (Alecs). We left about $15 per person on each occasion. We don't enjoy the dinner as much so we have only been 1 time and to be honest, we didn't like the server much at all.

On top of the brunch tips last time my MIL gave Alecs a $50 bill as we walked out on the final day. Hey, you know we are on vacation and it feels good to give somebody a little extra.....think of it as a vacation perk to get that warm fuzzy when you give to others!

I agree with everyone else here, tip what you are comfortable with. If you enjoy the service tip accordingly.

popcorn::

I too follow the rule of tipping what I would at a land-based restaurant of the same quality. Usually that is $20 to $30 over and above the $10 per person charge and any automatic tip on alcohol.

We usually leave $50 as a minimum, considering all the food they bring and the quality of the food.

Do you have to tip with cash at Palo's or can you put the tip on your stateroom charge? We really don't like to be bothered with a lot of cash when we vacation. We're pretty decent tippers and are looking forward to the wonderful service that we've heard about.:flower3:

Do you have to tip with cash at Palo's or can you put the tip on your stateroom charge? We really don't like to be bothered with a lot of cash when we vacation. We're pretty decent tippers and are looking forward to the wonderful service that we've heard about.:flower3:

KTTW card. You'll get a slip to sign to pay for the Palo fee for whatever meal you are attending, plus any drinks you have, so you'll have a line to add a tip if you choose. No cash needed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter