Tinkerbell Nightly Visit Present

PrincessRora

Mouseketeer
My sister and I read the post about goodie bags on these boards and loved the idea, although my niece is still a little young for a goodie bag. However, we wanted to have Tinkerbell leave her one present each night while we're there to get her even more excited and to start the tradition for my sister's daughter and any future children we both may have. She'll be 1.5 when we go. So far this is what we've come up with:

Arrival Friday Evening: Princess or Tinkerbell Pajamas
1st day at the park Saturday: Princess Autograph book (already bought)
2nd day at the park Sunday: Disney Beanie of her favorite character
3rd day at the park Monday: ??
4th day Departure: ??

Can anyone give any ideas for those last two gifts.

They have really cute straw cups at the Disney store, or a fork/spoon set w/ the characters on them. We did this when we went last time...when my DD (then 2) was "good", Mickey came and left her a present. We found some cute stuff in Walmart like Mickey bracelets & a towel.

How about a swimsuit, flip flops or a toy for the pool? For departure day I would get something to use on the plane or car ride home. A book, stickers, small dolls etc. We also usually buy sunglasses because we go through so many. I go overboard with Tinkerbell gifts, but I find they cut down on the "I wants" at the park. There are so many Disney themed things at Walmart, Dollar Stores etc that it is easy to go a little crazy...Have fun!

A new disney themed toothbrush (DD has a spinning Cinderella toothbrush she loves).

The night before you go to AK you could give a straw-type sippy cup (since the park doesn't have lids or straws it would definitely be useful).

You could wait and buy the last two based on what she seems to like in the parks. Maybe a spinning toy or Mr. Potato Head with all the Disney pieces(she's a little young, but it is a gift she could continue to play with for years).

Have fun!

How about a pair of Disney P.J.'s or a nightgown. I did this with my kids for their first night. They loved it. I had washed them so they could wear them to bed and wake up with Cinderella and Buzz in the morning. :cloud9: This could be a good last day gift too. However I did the the other post about getting something that can be played with on the trip home.

I can't love the "magic" washcloths too much! dd6 and ds7 have always gotten these from tink-- it makes them (even with they were 3 & 4) take a bath after a day at the parks, and they are still the nicest washcloths we have -- you can buy for about $4 at the park and they are worth it or try (gasp!) valdermortbay.com and you can get for less.

I always thought that tink was a bit of a practical spoilsport, so washcloths (even magic), toothbrushes, etc... are the best! and don't forget to look out for those super sales on the disney store pjs-- i've gotten for $5/pair before and gone totally overboard!

A cheap disney purse from disney store or walmart. My 18mo. old loves wearing little purses and pretending she's going to work like mommy!
BOB

I went to the Dollar Tree today and spend $35 on Disney stuff from Tinkerbell and Mickey for my ds. They have stamps and coloring books and puzzles and pretty princess stuff.

Tinkerbell visited DD every night at Disney and she left mostly jibbitz. She also left a new sundress, swimsuit, sunglasses, Ariel lip gloss.

Don't forget about a special note & pixie dust! The notes said she better be a good girl and eat good and maybe she would be invited to eat lunch in the castle. They also had our agenda for the day........

It was a great way to get DD up & excited every morning. She would grab her gifts and the note, turn around so only she could see them.

This is one of my favorite WDW traditions, my dd is 10 and still has no clue it is me! I even took it so far one trip and had Mickey leave gifts for the dd's two grandma's. DH's mom who had never been before was so thrilled, and didn't know it was me either!:rotfl: I dread the day my dd figures it out!

Can someone explain what this is and how it works? I have a ds 3 yrs, ds 9 yrs & ds 13 yrs. How would this work for them?

This is what we do. When we check in and get to our room, I put the first note on the nightstand when DD is not looking. It is a note from Tinkerbell that welcomes her, tells her to be good all week, eat good, yada, yada and tells her to come meet her at MK and a special dinner with Pooh and friends or whatever you have planned. She gets all excited! Every night after she falls asleep, there is a new note and some glitter (pixie dust) and a gift on the nightstand. Tinkerbell comes each night while she is sleeping and leaves it. The notes are printed on the computer on DIsney letterhead. It pretty much just says our itinerary for the day and just personal stuff about the trip. It is great b/c she gets soooo excited to get up every morning and see what Tink left her. We are out the door quickly too.

Hope that helps........

Thanks so much. This is our first family trip and I am making customized disney shirts for all. Was wondering what would be the best was to give them to them so we can all wear them the first day. This will be great for everyone, adults too!!

Any other great ideas or tips for a first timer with family?

Im not going until 1 year but have already started goodie bags for my 2 girls ages 3 & 5. I have a mickey/minnie gift bag which is bought at the dollar store. I also bought them the sequined minnie headband ears with veil in the back. I got them on e-bay. I also bought 2 Cinderella Twirl dresses custom made from a seller on e-bay for them to wear in the parks - they will love them. I will also probably buy some pair of plain sneakers (this way they can try them on and i know they fit ahead of time) and i will decorate them some how to match the dresses. Another thing I bought two lanyards/water bottle holders & trading pins for them to trade. I will probably just lay these on the bed for the girls before we get in the room (i guess i will go in ahead of them). Its still early but i plan on buying more stuff for the goodie bags. Oh and i am also going to have a letter from the disney characters and make up an invitation from Mickey that they are invited to Chef Mickeys for dinner. There will also be an invitation from the princesses inviting them to a special breakfast at the castle.

Thanks for all the great ideas. We're definitely going to use a few of them. I have an idea or two to run by my sister about a "welcome" letter. Considering she's so young, it'll be really easy to keep her attention and let someone casually leave the first present in or beside her pack and play. I'm all excited. Mom says I seem more excited about going to Disney World this summer than I am about my college graduation in three weeks.

A good idea is to get a lanyard for a pin collection and at least one pin to start it off. Every year add more pins and it will eventually become a necklace of memories. You can find pins and lanyards at any hotel on site and in some stores in the parks. My sister and I are starting a pin collection for our brother when we go to disney in august. By that time he will be a year old and we can tell him stories about all the pins on his lanyard when he gets older.

What about purchasing one of the Photo Pass photos early - esp the ones with Tink (do they still do those??) - and leaving the photo from Tink as her way of saying - thanks for visiting my mom - I saw you at the park. See you next time kind of letter :)

This sounds like a wonderful idea to start - when my DD gets a little older - I will have to do this for her also.

Have a wonderful trip.

A good idea is to get a lanyard for a pin collection and at least one pin to start it off. Every year add more pins and it will eventually become a necklace of memories. You can find pins and lanyards at any hotel on site and in some stores in the parks. My sister and I are starting a pin collection for our brother when we go to disney in august. By that time he will be a year old and we can tell him stories about all the pins on his lanyard when he gets older.

That's a wonderful idea. I'd forgotten about the pin collecting because I never actually did it myself. I'm sure my sister would love to do that for our niece, although we'll keep them away from her until she's older. Your brother is definitely lucky to have big sisters like you and your sister.

Your niece is a very lucky girl! Presents from Tink would put a smile on anyones face. Thanks, pin collections at any age are really awesome, I started one last year and I thought it was the best thing ever and I can't wait to do it when I go back in august.

Thanks again for all the great ideas. The trip is going to be so much fun. Julianna's just learned to say "Pooh" now we just have to teach her who the word is referring to. Still working on "Mickey Mouse" or one of the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!