Tinkerbell gifts... my ideas and looking for more!

BayouMouseketeer

Mouseketeer
Okay, so Vista Print is running another special for FREE folded note cards. I ordered some with a castle printed on the front and added "A Note from Tinkerbell" across it. Inside, it has a little poem I wrote about Tinkerbell visiting during the night and leaving a gift so they would remember. It mentions "I tiptoed by your bed; I watched you slumber peacefully; and gently kissed your head" so I want to find some way to leave tiny lip prints on their foreheads. Anyone know how???

Also, I bought some "Fairy Dust" glitter at Hobby Lobby and I want to sprinkle it around the gift but I am looking for a way to leave footprints in it like she walked across it on the nightstands. ANy ideas on how to do this?

Thanks, all! And, please share any other ideas you guys have. I think this is the neatest thing I have heard of and am so excited to try it for my kids!

BTW, I am making an autograph book (another great DIS idea!) and leaving the first night and then I have several little Disney items (like a light spinner) for the other nights. What kind of stuff do you leave?

As for the footprints, could you just use your pinkie and make little holes in the glitter? Or maybe make a tiny stencil out of a post-it or index card? As for the kisses...well, I think I would just sprinkle some of the pixie dust on the pillow! :wizard:

Here is what I am doing for Tink gifts:
I found a tiny Tink doll (think Polly Pocket size) with big glittery wings on clearance, so she will arrive with the first gift (disposable Disney cameras that I found at Walgreens) and then will be found the rest of the week with the other gifts. (The glitter on her wings just so happens to match the fairy dust I had already purchased! :woohoo: ) Her note will say that she must stay in the room, etc., but the last note will let DD know that she can take the tiny Tink home with her.

As for the rest of my Tink gifts, I tried to think of things that were 'trip related,' so I found a glow stick wand at the Dollar store (for MVMCP), a Disney pin for each of the two character breakfasts that we have that week (Mary Poppins and Chef Mickey's), some Mickey and Tink tattoos. I think I will also buy one of those HUGE suckers that they sell in the park for one of the gifts. DD will be almost 3 when we go and it is SO close to Christmas that I didn't want to bombard her with toys, etc., just stuff she could use while we are there. (I am also having a basket from Mickey sent for our arrival with the autograph book, fat pen, lanyard, etc. in it, so those will be covered first thing.)

I actually am not thrilled with just leaving the tattoo sheets for our last day, but was trying to think of something small and easy to put in a suitcase that was already packed. Any ideas are appreciated. I really do try to think outside of the box, but sometimes the box is so big that I can't find my way out!:lmao:

That was my line of thinking, too- leave stuff they can use during the trip. Their bdays are 4 weeks before we go and then Christmas right after, so oh my! ;)

Since DD is doing the BBB, I am leaving her a nice comb and brush set (hoping to find a Disney set!) and some "cars" chapstick for DS.

Where are you getting the Mickey basket from? Is this something you are sending ahead of time or are you ordering it? I am making their autograph books and was going to put a Disney pen with it. I also got them each a photo album from the Disney.com outlet for keepsake photos.

They are each getting digi cameras and Disney personalized luggage for their bdays, too, so they should be set!

Thanks for the ideas. I'm going to work on the footprint idea... I went ahead and bought the glitter so I could practice! :lmao:

I left a bunch of Disney jibbitz each night for my DD. She had crocs, but no jibbitz so I bought a bunch on ebay before we left and left her 2 each night.

I went to Dollar tree and found a bunch of stuff. The hair set (ariel clear pouch - comes with hair clippies, a brush, etc), ariel cup and spiderman cup were all at dollar general and were about $2 or $3 a piece -
everything else was $1 at dollar tree.

I made little cards. I'm not doing actual "tinkerbell" gifts -
instead it's jack sparrow leaving "booty" for the 9 year old boy and Ariel leaving things for the 2 year old (Ariel is her favorite).

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Just a thought but maybe you could try using a Barbie doll (or any other doll that would have lips and tiney feet) to use as a stamper. Just practice with the lips and feet and your ink. It would be cute if it works. Hope that helps.

If you just wanted footprints in the glitter I wouldl think you pinky would make a pretty good tink foot print.

I usually leave useful stuff, some things that were mentioned. Then always a pair of pj pals, new swimsuit, towel if I feel like dragging it, maybe new sunglasses, if needed. A blanket from disney. I get tons on sale so each days gift is around $3-5 if pj pals or swimsuit. I have 2 die cast metal cars, they were $1.50 each. The blanket is usually $6-8. I have everything prewashed. Shirts for one day.

I think glitter for pixie dust is so perfect - but I don't know how to clean it up and I don't want to leave a mess like that for mousekeeping. Anyone have cleaning suggestions?

I usually get DD stuff for the trip. This time a "fancy" nightie with slippers....a new lightchaser....a watch - and it's sad to say but I don't remember the rest, but I know I have PLENTY put up. I work per diem at the Disney Store so I get it on sale and then my discount so it's VERY reasonable.

I used confetti for pixie dust our first trip I had Tinkerbell visit - and nothing the second.

Aeyeshadow applicator would work for the footpints, that's what I'm going to use...I don't know what you could use for the kiss on the forehead???:confused: When you figure it out let me know!;)

I already have a bunch of stuff put up for doing this on our trip next month!! We are driving so I have a small back pack that I have some stuff in for when we are about 3/4 of the way to Disney for each of my girls that Tink is going to bring to our van while they are sleeping. (We are going to leave at night so they will be sleeping and when they wake up in the morning I am going to have the back packs at their feet with glitter on the floor boards, so they don't get that antsy always asking are we there yet.) I have a new DVD and CD, fat Princess pen, Princess Journal, the clip boards that I made, and their autograph stuff, Princess wallets w/ Disney Dollars, new Princess toothbrush, roll of stickers, a sticker album, Princess crayons and coloring book, disposable camera, Princess dining set, plate, fork and spoon, bowl, cup- to use at Orange Lake, not in the car ;) I also have a small gift for each morning- a deck of Tink cards, Tink notpad and pencil, a spinning light up thingy, and a small Tink craft set, and then for the morning of our Tea party w/ Aurora- this is a surprise, I have their dresses complete with sceptre, shoes, necklace, bracelet, tiara to have laid our on their bed! I think I am more excited than they will be!!! I want to add more stuff to their back packs, so I'm looking forward to seeing all of your ideas!:cool1:

We love doing the Tinkerbell gifts too, and usually make it stuff we would buy for the trip anyway, but it is just a super fun way to "deliver". Here are some ideas:

* swim goggles
* Hat
* stacks of 2 quarters and 1 penny in mini m&m tube for the penny press machines
* fanny packs/cinch sacks
* water bottle
* small plush
* Disney dollars in a Disney wallet
* flip flops
* empty charm bracelet to fill up w/cute Disney charms
* disposable cameras w/little photo albums
* Disney t-shirt/sweatshirt
* a bouquet of little lollies (which are managable servings, rather than a ginormous lollipop, which you may regret once you watch her eat it all day and all night and all day again and have to deal with the sticky business of keeping track of it)
* hair things

Another fun thing to do is to create invitations from the appropriate characters for your character meals. For instance, for CRT, we receive scrolls of parchment paper with fancy font inviting us to the castle for breakfast from Cinderella...they were rolled and tied with ribbon and they were mysteriously "delivered" to our room the day before!

I have read on these boards that some folks have creatively used chapstick and q-tips I think for foot prints. For the lips, we have a Crayola marker stamper that has a lip stamp -- you could wash the ink off and color the stamp w/ washable marker, but you may just make yourself crazy with that one!

Happy planning!

Chapstick and a q-tip...GENIUS!! :worship: I was reading this and thinking that you could use your pinkie if you put a piece of tape on it first, but the chapstick idea is even better!!

I have a lot of the same stuff; nightgowns, autograph books, mini flashlights, glow necklaces, etc. But another idea for those who are flying is this. I have 2 DD's 5 and 6. They don't know about the pin trading thing. I bought a bunch of pins on Ebay for them. During the plane ride, I am going to let them each take turns picking a pin from a bag. That way, no fighting. Then they can help pin them to their lanyards. This should get us through most of the flight. :banana:

Thanks for the ideas!!

Where are you getting the Mickey basket from? Is this something you are sending ahead of time or are you ordering it? I am making their autograph books and was going to put a Disney pen with it. I also got them each a photo album from the Disney.com outlet for keepsake photos.

I am planning on ordering from Peggys Sweets or Memories by Betsy. I was originally going to go with the Disney florist, but thought I would enjoy the personal touches that the small business owners could bring to it. I would love to hear from anyone who has used any of these services about their experiences and opinions, though. :earsboy:

* disposable cameras w/little photo albums

* a bouquet of little lollies (which are managable servings, rather than a ginormous lollipop, which you may regret once you watch her eat it all day and all night and all day again and have to deal with the sticky business of keeping track of it)

* hair things

I know, I know--the lollipop thing will be messy. I was trying to take the approach of "these are things I would never get at home!" (Unfortunately, Santa works the same way!) However, I would NOT let it carry over a day--that is just TOO much! :upsidedow Our girl doesn't get a lot of sweets (Dad is a diabetic, so she has a one in seven chance of getting it as well), so since we usually stick to the reasonable foods like fruits and veggies, I thought she might get a kick out of it. Maybe I should re-think that.

HOWEVER--(duh on me!) I should SO get her the mini photo album for the pictures that she takes with her cameras. THAT could be her last day gift with the tattoos! Now, I just have to find a replacement for my sucker day...:sad2:

Thanks for all the input and ideas...loving it here so far!:thumbsup2

GREAT ideas! You guys are awesome! I forgot I had bought DD a pretty little satin Snow White nightie at the Disney Outlet on vacation this summer! I had put it away for her next hospital stay but that was last week and I forgot to pack it! I guess as long as she doesn't get admitted before we go, I could use that! Now, I just need some PJ pals for DS! :lmao:

I love the Barbie idea for the kiss. I'll definitely practice that whilst they are at school. I would sure hate to explain that one so I think I'll draw all the shades tight, too! :rotfl2:

ANd, the chapstick footprints! Whoda thunk?

You guys are soooo good at this! I am getting excited just reading your ideas! I hope my kids love this 1/2 as much as I am loving putting it together!

BTW, for anyone interested in ordering printed cards from Tink, you can design your own on Vista Print and they are free until September 13! :)

Everyone has such great ideas!

MNFootballMommy- I'd also vote against the big lollipop. I saw this little girl eating one at the mall and I was grossed out. Her face was smeared with all the colors and her teeth looked all stained from it. And she barely made a dent in the lollipop! Go for the little pops or some of the Goofy Candy Co packaged sweets available at WDW.

The new stuff at the Target Dollar Spot features lots of Tink. I'm not sure if it's out at all the Targets yet-- mine had a mixture of new and older stuff (at 50% off).

Tinkerbell items available:
- Small purses- 2 different designs
- Comb and Mirror sets-- mirror was shaped like a flower
- Note card sets- 2 different designs
- Pen with a star at the top and some tinsel-type stuff
- Mini activity set-- notepad, 2 color pencils, and something else
- Tiny door hanger pillow- 3 or 4 inches square

There were more things available, that's all I can remember.

For the boys, they also had Superman items.

GREAT ideas! You guys are awesome! I forgot I had bought DD a pretty little satin Snow White nightie at the Disney Outlet on vacation this summer! I had put it away for her next hospital stay but that was last week and I forgot to pack it! I guess as long as she doesn't get admitted before we go, I could use that! Now, I just need some PJ pals for DS! :lmao:

I love the Barbie idea for the kiss. I'll definitely practice that whilst they are at school. I would sure hate to explain that one so I think I'll draw all the shades tight, too! :rotfl2:

ANd, the chapstick footprints! Whoda thunk?

You guys are soooo good at this! I am getting excited just reading your ideas! I hope my kids love this 1/2 as much as I am loving putting it together!

BTW, for anyone interested in ordering printed cards from Tink, you can design your own on Vista Print and they are free until September 13! :)[/QUOTE]

Could you tell me where you found these? The only cards I saw were not free...these would be great! Thanks

My girls have Disney rain ponchos that were delivered by Tink. You can find them at Walmart, Target etc. I like them because they aren't the same ones sold at the parks so when it rains they are easy to spot. We do lots of other little gifts, swim suits, jammies, blow up toys for the pool, light up jewerly and of course a costume for lunch in the castle. If your looking for something sweet our Kmart has Mickey and Minnie suckers that light up. They are just the size of regular suckers, but great fun at night.
Have fun!

Okay, I filled in my remaining day! YAY! :cool1:

I found a stretchy Tinkerbell necklace and bracelet on Ebay and they are just ADORABLE! The lady that makes them will adjust the size as needed and combines shipping, so I bought a "sisters" necklace set for DD's friends (twins) for Christmas as well.

The gal had lots of Disney charms--princesses, Mickey/Minnie, Goofy--and others as well (Hello Kitty, etc.) DD will love them AND they won't be found in any gift shop, etc.--they are originals! princess:

If you are interested, the Ebay store is: Princesses Four Ever. She even does earrings and cell phone straps (for those with older kids or even for yourself!)

Now to find a small Disney photo album. Should I wait until we get there to get this or are there good places (reasonable prices) to get it beforehand?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter