Tinkberbell or Disneyland

Why are you so torn? They are both in the same park and the same distance. Which time of year works best for you? Is it about the medal? I guess more info is needed to help make a decision.

I am also torn but mine is between the WDW marathon and Star Wars. Both same time of year but different parks and different distances. I really want to see the 60th celebration but also want to see marathon weekend.

Speaking for myself, I would choose the Disneyland 1/2 over the Tink. The Tink theme holds little appeal to me since she's not a favorite character of mine. There's also something iconic about the Disneyland 1/2 medal featuring Sleeping Beauty Castle. But you also have to consider timing and weather. Labor Day Weekend for the Disneyland 1/2 is more likely to be very warm weather than May.

As for Star Wars vs. WDW marathon, take the following items into consideration. Disneyland's 60th is a finite event. it's not going to be around forever. Marathon weekend will always be there. At the same time, I don't think the new fireworks show and Paint the Night parade are leaving Disneyland after the 60th. World of Color Disneyland 60 is the only likely temporary event.

Sleepless Knight- Believe me, I have considered all options. That's my problem. I analyze everything so I have been back and forth on both options. And while I know I can't go wrong with either decision because I will have fun with either, I also know I will feel like I am missing out on the weekend I don't choose to go to while I it going on.

I really want to see the 60th stuff but I love WDW so much and have never been to DL so I don't know what I am missing out on. But, I know which direction I am going and I don't want to hijack the thread. The real problem lies in the fact that Disney puts on such good events it makes it hard to choose when you are limited on time off or money.

Im torn between Disneyland and Tinkerbell Half Marathon, opinions! Help!
Like @Sleepless Knight said, there are a few things to consider...

1. Theme (affects the finisher medals, the participant shirts, and merchandise) - also Tink is more female-oriented, if that matters to you
2. Time of year - Mother's Day Weekend for Tink vs. Labor Day for Disneyland
3. Weather (May looks to usually be cooler but rainier than September)
4. Courses - If you google the course maps you'll see that they're similar in that they (obviously) go through the parks, but they do have differences (i.e. the Disneyland Half passes the Honda Center, along the Santa Ana trail and goes through Angels Stadium, where Tink does not). And not sure if you're planning on doing the half alone or the half in addition to other races, but I know that the 5K done during Tinker Bell weekend starts IN Disneyland park...which is pretty cool.
5. Coast-to-Coast --> If you're doing the Princess Half Marathon in the same calendar year, you can get the special pink Coast-to-Coast medal ONLY if you do the Tinker Bell Half. Any other WDW/Disneyland race combination in the same calendar year will get you the blue C2C medal.

Your best bet may be to Google race reports from people that have done the races before...that may give you an idea of what to expect. :) But in the end you're still running at Disneyland, so I don't think you can go wrong!

Im torn between Disneyland and Tinkerbell Half Marathon, opinions! Help!
In addition, you might consider your potential corral placement. A female with a half PR of 2;15 or below was in Corral A this year at Tink, but will be around D or E (I think, can't remember where I was for Avengers last year) or further back for Disneyland. I will probably have Tink on my to-do list for as long as I can be in the lead corral because it was just so pleasant to run from the front.

Sleepless Knight- Believe me, I have considered all options. That's my problem. I analyze everything so I have been back and forth on both options. And while I know I can't go wrong with either decision because I will have fun with either, I also know I will feel like I am missing out on the weekend I don't choose to go to while I it going on.

I really want to see the 60th stuff but I love WDW so much and have never been to DL so I don't know what I am missing out on. But, I know which direction I am going and I don't want to hijack the thread. The real problem lies in the fact that Disney puts on such good events it makes it hard to choose when you are limited on time off or money.

If you've never been to Disneyland before, I'm going to recommend that you visit Disneyland not tied to a runDisney event. Because the races impact park time, bedtime, ability to tour the parks, I think it's best to experience Disneyland for itself first and then add a runDisney component later.

In addition, you might consider your potential corral placement. A female with a half PR of 2;15 or below was in Corral A this year at Tink, but will be around D or E (I think, can't remember where I was for Avengers last year) or further back for Disneyland. I will probably have Tink on my to-do list for as long as I can be in the lead corral because it was just so pleasant to run from the front.
Interesting. My best 1/2 time of 3:07 from 2012 got me placed in Corral D for Star Wars and there were only 5 corrals.

Interesting. My best 1/2 time of 3:07 from 2012 got me placed in Corral D for Star Wars and there were only 5 corrals.
I honestly don't remember for Avengers, I can't find the bib just now. I did find my 2014 Tinkerbell bib, and I was in Corral D with a 2:45 Half POT, so I'd say it's not consistent race-to-race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter