Tink is watching us (that's what I told my kids)

lezammer

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I just thought I would share with you what I've been doing with my kids since I told them we were going to Disney. We just planned our trip about 6 weeks ago and when I told my kids (DS 2yo, DS3yo, and DD5yo)we were going to WDW, I told them that Tinkerbelle is going to be watching us to see if we were being good. They asked why they can't see her and I told them that only adults can see her, not kids. So at random times I'll start talking to the air and pretend I am talking to Tink and my kids are instantly transformed into angels. (Eventually either they'll figure it out or they'll think that their mommy needs to be committed for talking to no one):rotfl2:
Anyway, I also told them that Tinkerbell leaves a present for all the good little kids every morning when they wake up. I've been shopping for Disney items that she could leave for them (Disney sticker books, pajamas, little princess figures, Cars,Little Einstein magnets, etc) I figured it would be much cheaper than buying them at WDW. And I plan on leaving a little handwritten note each morning from Tink for all of them. I know they would be awed by this whole thing.
One morning about 2 weeks ago, my DD 5yo woke up to find glitter on her nightstand. She was so amazed and she ran to me and told me that Tinkerbell must have been there. Of course I played along, but honestly I had NO IDEA how it got there. :wizard: Something with glitter must've rubbed off there, but I can't tell you what it was!! But it couldn't have turned out better than if I actually put it there myself!
And so my kids are in a complete Tinkerbell spell!:tinker:

This is exactly what we did on our trip in July. Except we actually did the gifts ON our trip. I hit the Disney Outlet before we left, and stocked up on goodies and trinkets. Every night, if they behaved during the day, Tinkerbell would leave them a treat, just like the tooth fairy. All 3 kids TOTALLY bought into it and every morning would wake up squealing to see what Tinkerbell brought them. Of course, I gave the whole same song and dance about Tinkerbell being magic, and they couldn't see her.....

....a theory which was TOTALLY blown this past weekend when we went to Disney on Ice: Worlds of Fantasy. The entire second half is Tinkerbell and the other fairies from Pixie Hollow and of course she talked and skated and waved at them. Which prompted my 4yo twins to get into a heated argument on the way home if that was the REAL Tinkerbell or not, since we could see her AND she talked! :rotfl:

Thanks lemondog! I'm saving Tinks gifts for every morning while we are there (not sure if I mentioned that). I figured it would give them incentive to behave at the parks!

Ooooh! I never thought about starting Tink at home! My oldest is now 8 and I don't think she'd go for that anymore, but waking up to Tink gifts at WDW is probably her favorite part of our trips. It's absolutely AMAZING how well Tink works at enforcing good behavior. Have fun and have a great trip!

I did the same thing...bougth little gifts prior to leaving (pjs, stickers, coloring books, a Tinkerbell purse and a tinkerbelle necklace (both from Walmart that were on clearance), $1 items from Target bins..(Princess wallet) etc.

I left them in our room daily either when DD was napping or at night before we went out to dinner so it was there when we got back.

I also brought a tube of Glitter and left a trail of Pixie Dust leading to the different surprises. I always left them in a different place in the room and she LOVED it.

She would get so excited when she saw new Pixie Dust. It was so much fun playing Tinkerbelle! And I found this cut down on her asking for stuff when we were in the parks because when she did, i would just say, well, let's see if Tink leaves anything for you today. We told her that Tink only left surprises for well behaved children.

:cheer2:

That is a cute idea- i have been using the "I talked to Cinderella today" - this works until my daugher gets smart and decides she needs to call her and complain about mom, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter