Tink Got Me My Very Own Sharpies!- A Surprise Bday TR (3/8 Final Thoughts)

Ash was wearing the perfectly-Pooh dress for the Crystal Palace!!

So sweet she's concerned about Eeyore... :eeyore:

The Princess & Frog PP pix turned out great, and its good to see YOU get in a few of the shots now and then!!

Kathy

I am on the 'start-a-PTR' crew! I will read along.

LOVE Ash's pooh dress and her glow-in-the-dark bows. Her smiling face makes me smile too!

Thank you Miss Stacy....now get off here and start packing ;)

I love the pictures of Pooh and friends!!! :love: I so wanted to eat at CP on our recent trip but it was closed for the refurb :guilty: Your pics just make me want to get a big ol' hug from Pooh! :rotfl:

How sweet that Aisling got a card! I bet she was so thrilled. :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about this after lunch ride...popcorn::

It really is a decent meal for a buffet. Personally I preferred the dinner so I would recommend that but Aisling and Randy were perfectly happy with the lunch.

She was thrilled with the card and the decorated table. I have to say that CP did it up the best out of any of the restaurants

Been enjoying your trip report...can't wait for your next trip:thumbsup2

:welcome: and thanks for reading!!!

:rotfl2: Oh my, I just don't think I can. You guys set such a high bar. Maybe when work slows down I'll give it a shot.

You should...the line in your siggie sounds like a great start :thumbsup2

Ash was wearing the perfectly-Pooh dress for the Crystal Palace!!

So sweet she's concerned about Eeyore... :eeyore:

The Princess & Frog PP pix turned out great, and its good to see YOU get in a few of the shots now and then!!

Kathy

Thank you! The fabric was a splurge on Ebay but it was perfect for the occasion so Stacy talked me into buying it!

Yes...I was ON the vacation! That's the one thing I love about PP. Every other place we go on vacation- you'd NEVER know I was there!

You know it is like 5 weeks until I move, right?

That being said, I am trying to make outfits for the trip, take a 14 hr driving trip, meet major work deadlines, do a character book report with J, plan a b-day party for Coops, and go through a completely new computer system install at work as a super user of the network. 5 weeks will be here before I know it!!

You know it is like 5 weeks until I move, right?

That being said, I am trying to make outfits for the trip, take a 14 hr driving trip, meet major work deadlines, do a character book report with J, plan a b-day party for Coops, and go through a completely new computer system install at work as a super user of the network. 5 weeks will be here before I know it!!

Seriously panicking FOR you!!!

After lunch at CP....we had a little time to get in a few more rides before another trip had come to an end

What more appropriate rides to do after a huge lunch than a couple of mountains!

143.jpg

So I decided to have fun with this ride and put the camera against my stomach and just keep shooting to get the whole ride. I had no clue if it would work and come out but it did :banana: I now have Randy and Aisling riding all of BTMRR. I could make a pretty good flip book ;) I won't bore you with all the pics but I'll put a bunch for you to get the idea

153.jpg

153.jpg

145.jpg

152.jpg

We finished with one mountain and had to bounce over to the other. Space Mountain was still closed so this is the best we could do on the trifecta

170.jpg

169.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

183.jpg

When the moutains had been conquered we had enough for one final ride. But what would it be :rolleyes1

Well it was the week before Halloween so we needed a creepy ride. And we didn't feel like walking back to Fantasyland ;) so HM it was!

190.jpg

191.jpg

194.jpg

Sadly we made the long walk back to the front of the park. But it was time to get moving and get back to POP for ME

Goodbye Magic Kingdom :sad1:

195.jpg

(see how grey the sky got again....it was clearly sad we were leaving!)

We got back to POP with enough time to grab out carryons from Luggage Services and run into Everything POP to let Aisling pick up a couple of final things she wanted 1) a birthday pin and 2) one of those charm bracelets. Aisling took FOREVER picking out the charms. All of a sudden I realized that we had only 15 minutes until the bus was due there (ie the time you are supposed to be out front) and we hadn't gotten the drinks we wanted for the bus or changed into "plane clothes" I flew into the bathroom with Aisling and got her changed. Randy paid for her purchases and got some drinks. He was not thrilled with her total (apparently she went a little nuts with the charms!) :scared1: We just made it in time for our bus. :rolleyes1 And it was completely full. Some nice people moved so Aisling and I could sit together. We had an uneventful ride to the airport.

As always, we got to the airport insanely early for our flight. The perk of being early is that you can grab seats at the gate...which we did. And better yet, we got a seat next to a plug so we didn't have to waste any battery power on the DVD player. She sat down and watched HSM.

I went to get food at McDonalds :rolleyes1 (vacation wasn't completely over was it?) and I noticed a mother walking around calling her child's name. However, she didn't appear very frantic. I notified the staff at McDonalds. Cleary this woman wasn't thinking clearly because apparently the kid had been missing about 15 minutes and she NEVER notified security. She just walked around the terminal yelling :scared1: About a 1/2 hour later, they did announce that the child was found. She was 4. Seriously lady, you lost a 4 year old at an international airport and you are wandering through the food court just yelling her name????

Luckily, our plane was on time...which rarely happens in Orlando. We had a good flight back home. We got home late but Aisling did manage to get up for school the next morning without any arguements :thumbsup2

Up next....final thoughts

I love your camera idea for BTMRR! :thumbsup2 How neat that you captured the whole ride! And what better way to end a Halloween trip than at the HM? I also love that last shot as you were leaving MK...I've never noticed that MK symbol on the ground before. How neat! :goodvibes

Oh, I'm so sad the departure has arrived. :sad1: But, it seems like you had a wonderful trip - I can't wait to hear your final thoughts!

I love your camera idea for BTMRR! :thumbsup2 How neat that you captured the whole ride! And what better way to end a Halloween trip than at the HM? I also love that last shot as you were leaving MK...I've never noticed that MK symbol on the ground before. How neat! :goodvibes

Oh, I'm so sad the departure has arrived. :sad1: But, it seems like you had a wonderful trip - I can't wait to hear your final thoughts!

It was really fun! I can't believe they all came out. I actually have one blown up in my dining room ;)

I had never noticed the symbol on the ground either. I guess it's because there are usually so many people there!

:sad1:I am sad is is over already
it looks like you had a great trip

Well it was turning into the TR that never ends!!!

How are your plans coming?

Locals and/or Red Sox fans!

Randy was mobbed at the butcher today. Apparently an employee told a bunch of people that Kevin Youkilis was in the store. People came over asking for his autograph...then another woman chased him outside. Aisling was with him and told them that Daddy isn't Youk...he only dresses up like him for the Disney Halloween Party :lmao:

I am a huge Red Sox fan:thumbsup2 With how crazy some of our fans are I am surprised your husband wasnt followed home!!!!:rotfl2:

Love your report by the way:goodvibes Cant wait to read about your Star Wars adventures right around the corner:cool1: No pressure to write one of course:rolleyes1

:yay:GO SOX!!!!!:yay:

I am a huge Red Sox fan:thumbsup2 With how crazy some of our fans are I am surprised your husband wasnt followed home!!!!:rotfl2:

Love your report by the way:goodvibes Cant wait to read about your Star Wars adventures right around the corner:cool1: No pressure to write one of course:rolleyes1

:yay:GO SOX!!!!!:yay:

:welcome: and thank you! I will be writing a TR about our SWW adventures!!! I'm getting so excited. The warm weather this weekend got me in Disney mode ;)

If I have little boys knocking on my door asking for autographs...I'll die! I wish I had seen the woman chasing him outside. I probably would have fallen on the ground laughing!

I have Tek's number on my car...maybe I should switch it out. Don't want people thinking i'm having an affair :rotfl2:

Looks like your trip is coming soon! All ready?????

Stop the TR presses...I have just been made aware by my Disney Partner in Crime that she has NOT seen this video. And then I though WAIT...maybe other people haven't seen it. And if they haven't seen this...maybe they don't know about the Wolf family!

So I present the two greatest Disney themed youtube videos of all time. If you have seen them, feel free to watch them again for a laugh. I do all the time ;)

First: Hitler Hates the Epcot Dining Plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlfc8zZF7Wc

And the Wolf Family (their Christmas and Branson videos are also quite good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOJ9HMkgAE

Those videos were great!!! Wonder if I am brave enough to video while on Big Thunder! My luck the camcorder would go over the edge:scared1:

I would keep Youk's number on the car(even tho Tek is my fave)....the funny stories are worth it!!!:thumbsup2

:woohoo::woohoo:We cant wait for May to get here...we are SO ready!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

I look forward to your Star Wars Report:) Very happy you are writing one:goodvibes I am already wondering if Tink pays your DD another visitpopcorn::

Woo-hoo for special birthday decorations and a card at CP! The character craziness happened to us at CP and LTT before where we saw everyone but one and then waited and waited.

I loved Ash being worried about Eeyore!

I am so glad you rode the mountains after CP! Based on your cliff-hanger, I was worried that you lost your mind and went for a spin on the tea cups!

Great idea on the photos! I will have to try that next trip!

I don't understand why DME insists on picking you up so freaking early. That is the reason I am sometimes tempted to hire a car service. But we love DME and it is free.

:sad1: for the impending end of your TR.

Love the butcher story - saw your post on FB too! That is too funny!

Those videos were great!!! Wonder if I am brave enough to video while on Big Thunder! My luck the camcorder would go over the edge:scared1:

I would keep Youk's number on the car(even tho Tek is my fave)....the funny stories are worth it!!!:thumbsup2

:woohoo::woohoo:We cant wait for May to get here...we are SO ready!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

I look forward to your Star Wars Report:) Very happy you are writing one:goodvibes I am already wondering if Tink pays your DD another visitpopcorn::

Randy was shocked when I told him that I had photographed the whole ride...he thought I was nuts! I was flying out of the seat from not holding on. That camera wasn't going anywhere!

No...I have a 33 on my car...I'm just wondering if I should change it!

Tink will be back. Most likely on a smaller scale this year. Although I always say that and then go nuts at the Target Dollar Spot ;) Since you haven't read my previous TRs...she always comes. Aisling clearly knows it is us but she has made several comments about Tink coming in May so I guess she wants to keep it up!

Woo-hoo for special birthday decorations and a card at CP! The character craziness happened to us at CP and LTT before where we saw everyone but one and then waited and waited.

I loved Ash being worried about Eeyore!

I am so glad you rode the mountains after CP! Based on your cliff-hanger, I was worried that you lost your mind and went for a spin on the tea cups!

Great idea on the photos! I will have to try that next trip!

I don't understand why DME insists on picking you up so freaking early. That is the reason I am sometimes tempted to hire a car service. But we love DME and it is free.

:sad1: for the impending end of your TR.

Love the butcher story - saw your post on FB too! That is too funny!

Oh no...Mommy doesn't ride the teacups ever! I have to take Dramamine daily at WDW. I love the rides...my stomach does not! But I would not test the Dramamine's strength on tea cups or Mission Space.

Have you rented a car before? We did it a couple of times before ME and they pick you up 3 hours early too. I guess you could always lie about your flight time to get them to pick you up later. But that's $120ish that I would rather spend in the parks.

Final thoughts on the trip

Highlight- MNSSHP definitely wins out again. We made mistakes last year and didn't repeat them. We accomplished everything that we wanted to do and didn't feel rushed or disappointed that we missed something

Low point- need I bring up the camera incident again :scared1:

The Surprise- The surprise was fun for a couple of minutes. We will never do it again. I will never suggest it. Aisling who totally knew what to expect at the hotel and the parks remained overwhelmed for 6 days. I can't imagine dealing with a child who didn't know what to expect.

POP- I apologize to you my old friend but I think that may be the last the Smith's have seen of you...Randy is just is not a fan. He can't come up with anything in particular about you that he doesn't like but you are no Deluxe! ;) :rotfl:

Moment that will live on in family legend- Randy puking in the MK bushes. I still giggle thinking about it ;)

Best Character Interaction. Snow White and the 7 Dwarves win out but Tiana and Naveen were a close 2nd.

Best Birthday Moment- M's birthday surprise on Main St.

Biggest Waste of Money- WISHES Dessert Party

Best Meal- Le Cellier wins again. Thank you Le Cellier for not disappointing

Food and Wine- I would like to do this again...without Aisling and without eating at Le Cellier beforehand.

Disney in October- The crowds were good...it was way hotter than I had anticipated but I would definitely do October again.

New Things We Did This Trip (for all of those who say "Disney again?")- Closed down MK 2 nights in a row, Lunch ADRs, American Adventure, Pick-A- Pearl, Food and Wine, WISHES dessert party.

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. -Walt Disney

16650_1303337541651_1176866175_3098.jpg

Now It's Time to say Goodbye. . . .

:sad1::sad1::sad1:

Thanks for the wrap-up/highlights!

I had forgotten about the bushes incident and it made me giggle remembering you telling the story.

My DH is not a fan of Pop either - I like it for a cheap trip though and always will!

Love that closing photo!!!! It is a great ending to your TR!

BTW - we hired a car service once and they picked us up a little over two hours before flight instead of three like DME. However is $120+ worth an extra hour - not really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter