Timing for last day of Wishes?

lvcourtneyy

DIS Veteran
I'm expecting it to be super insanely packed. That said, what time would you recommend to start getting a spot for Wishes on its last day?

Depends where you want to be, if you're looking to sit, etc.

I'm sure some people will begin grabbing their spots 2-3 hours ahead, maybe more. However if you really don't mind standing or have an exact must have spot, then I wouldn't show up too early.

If I'm there, which I plan on it, I'll grab a spot in the hub or on Main Street probably 15-20 min prior

Depends where you want to be, if you're looking to sit, etc.

I'm sure some people will begin grabbing their spots 2-3 hours ahead, maybe more. However if you really don't mind standing or have an exact must have spot, then I wouldn't show up too early.

If I'm there, which I plan on it, I'll grab a spot in the hub or on Main Street probably 15-20 min prior

Awesome thanks. As long as I'm on Main Street, it doesn't bother me where.

People were lined up all along the parade route when the park opened the day MSEP ended and my noonish, there was no spot to watch that wasn't being 2 or 3 people.. some vloggers went in recording it if you want to search out their videos of what it looked like on youtube.

i"m coming in really early and will be watching that hub like a hawk to claim my spot as early as needed.

Last edited:

People were lined up all along the parade route when the park opened the day MSEP ended and my noonish, there was no spot to watch that wasn't being 2 or 3 people.. some vloggers went in recording it if you want to search out their videos of what it looked like on youtube.

i"m coming in really early and will be watching that hub like a hawk to claim my spot as early as needed.

That's what I was thinking of when I was asking-- how crazy it was for that. I'm hoping for Wishes it won't be so bad since it's pretty much an open area and I'm assuming people can't just clog up ALL of Main Street all day. Or is that false hope lol?

That's what I was thinking of when I was asking-- how crazy it was for that. I'm hoping for Wishes it won't be so bad since it's pretty much an open area and I'm assuming people can't just clog up ALL of Main Street all day. Or is that false hope lol?

I'm hoping for the best and coming early enough for the worst. the hub and main street is much less room than the parade route. Especially those that know don't be in the front half if you want to see the fireworks.

I'm hoping for the best and coming early enough for the worst. the hub and main street is much less room than the parade route. Especially those that know don't be in the front half if you want to see the fireworks.

That's fair. We'll be in the park from rope drop on so I guess we'll just keep our eye on Main Street and decide that way. Thanks for the help :)

People were lined up ridiculously early for MSEP, but with Wishes comparing the main street and hub area for Wishes viewing vs MSEP viewing, you can fit way more people in there for Wishes. I wouldn't be surprised to see people grabbing a spot 3+ hours early, but then you'll have a ton of people who have no idea it's Wishes last night.

If you want a prime spot, I'd definitely get there hours early. I don't care where I stand and watch it from so I'll stroll by about half an hour prior and see what it's looking like

I just ran into a facebook disney AP ad that happened to say "And witness the grandest of finales" above a picture of wishes...

Well if you make it, I'll be the one in the middle of the hub guarding my spot so say hi.

Yes I saw the same ad today :sad:

Last Day for Wishes is May 11th - what is the name of the next show that is going to replace it?

If wishes ends on May 11 does happily ever after start on May 12 or will there be no show for a while. We arrive on May 6th and do to no being able to be in crowds we plan on seeing wishes on maybe the 6th and 9th once we hope near or in the hub, but with a guide dog that may not be possible, plus DH has PTSD, and once at the Contemporary. But since we are ther until the 21, I would like to see the new show once also?

If wishes ends on May 11 does happily ever after start on May 12 or will there be no show for a while. We arrive on May 6th and do to no being able to be in crowds we plan on seeing wishes on maybe the 6th and 9th once we hope near or in the hub, but with a guide dog that may not be possible, plus DH has PTSD, and once at the Contemporary. But since we are ther until the 21, I would like to see the new show once also?

It starts may 12.

I made a wish that I could watch the Last Dance of WISHES from The Hub without any waiting and my wish is coming true!
(I'm doing the Dessert Party!lol:))

This would be the only way you would even catch me in the park after 5 pm. ENJOY!!!

I already went - said my farewell, it's been real and looking forward to something new.

So wife doesn't do crowds very well and we had this day planned for wishes before we knew it was the final one. On Monday the 8th we have a reservation for 1900 Park Fare at 7:10, any possibility of doing that and making it to MK for wishes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter