timeshare tours in exchange for discount tickets

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
Okay, I asked before about off site timeshare tours in exchange for a cheap or even free resort stay, however the basic conclusion was its not worth it (too much hassle, high pressure sales pitch etc). Instead, what about a timeshare tour in exchange for discounted or free (even possible?) disney or even other park tickets in Orlando? Anyone have experience with this?

Wouldn't that be the same thing?
A fair question, but not really the same. I thought perhaps a free or even discounted single day ticket is worth much less than a free room for several days and would therefore require a much smaller committment of time etc..

nope- a timeshare presentation is a timeshare presentation - they all are the same length of time- just a different incentive

We own with Westgate and our presentation and tour was 2 hours, but we bought so we were there 5 I think??

Disney has changed the whole ticket buying and using process and procedure, beginning in a few weeks. I haven't figured it out yet because I'm too lazy to watch the video, but I would be concerned that after wasting time doing the timeshare tour, I wouldn't get the exact tickets I wanted.

Disney has changed the whole ticket buying and using process and procedure, beginning in a few weeks. I haven't figured it out yet because I'm too lazy to watch the video, but I would be concerned that after wasting time doing the timeshare tour, I wouldn't get the exact tickets I wanted.
Problem is that idf we just want 1-2 day tickets, its really not worth it, so I hoped it was possible to get them from a tour

I would rather go through a police interrogation than do a timeshare presentation. Once they have you in a room, they won't let you go. You will be bombarded by sales people trying to justify the purchase (even if you can't afford it) for you until you give in. They will take your entire day from you. The only 1 hour presentation is where you buy in immediately.

Problem is that idf we just want 1-2 day tickets, its really not worth it, so I hoped it was possible to get them from a tour
I would find another way to get the tickets for less money...CC travel hacking, rewards programs, rebates, etc. My vacation time has value and spending what turns out to be an entire day attending a high-pressure sales presentation is not how I would want to spend that precious time away from work.

I would rather go through a police interrogation than do a timeshare presentation. Once they have you in a room, they won't let you go. You will be bombarded by sales people trying to justify the purchase (even if you can't afford it) for you until you give in. They will take your entire day from you. The only 1 hour presentation is where you buy in immediately.
LOL!

We stayed at an Orlando time share last summer. Our friends owned it, so we were there as their guests and didn't have to listen to any presentation. However, during our stay we saw multiple people getting the tour and sales pitch. The glassy-eyed look on their faces was convincing enough that I would never want to go through that. And even though we were not there for a free stay, they still pressured us at check-in to make an on-the-spot decision about going to a sales pitch in exchange for a 'free cruise'.

Timeshare tickets for Disney are usually not very useful for longer vacations. They are most likely not upgradable so they may knock perhaps just $12. apiece off of your ticket budget.

Example: Four day regular ticket plus two timeshare single day tickets compared with one six day regular ticket.

Last edited:
I think the question comes down to how much your time is worth.

From everything I've read, you will be subjected to an open-ended timeframe where they will use high-pressure tactic after high-pressure tactic to get you to buy. Even if they say you'll be out in 2 hours, that doesn't mean you'll be out in two hours. You have to have everyone sign off (managers, etc.) before they let you go with your incentive in hand. If you leave before everyone has signed off (even if you've been there 2 or 3 or 4 hours), you won't get anything for your time.

Now, if you are able to go down a day early, and are willing to essentially not count that day as a vacation day, go for it. But if you were planning on making it to a park and having useful vacation time on the presentation day, you'll be really disappointed.

Personally, I'd rather just pick up an extra shift or two at work, and buy my tickets the traditional way.

There’s a South Park episode where the families go on a free ski vacation, they just have to sit through a “short” timeshare presentation.

They are free to leave anytime. But every exit door they try leads to a room with the same timeshare sales people!

Timeshare presentations are like the freakin hotel California

A fair question, but not really the same. I thought perhaps a free or even discounted single day ticket is worth much less than a free room for several days and would therefore require a much smaller committment of time etc..

Nope. Their goal is to get you to buy their timeshare. If you're willing to subject yourself to their pitch for $100 worth of something vs $500 worth of something, great for them. They're going to dangle what it takes to get you into their presentation. If you attend for a smaller incentive, that doesn't mean their goals are any different, just that you're easier to get in the door.

I wonder how they can get anyone to buy when you can go the resale route for far less money. Even reputable timeshare companies like Disney and Marriott there is very little reason to buy direct from the company. Don't people sit there on their phones looking up how much they can buy the timeshare on the resale market?

Just say NO...

Not worth the time, the high pressure sales pitch, My BIL went this route once they held him almost hostage for 4 or 5 hours, crazy... and would not take him or several other people back to their cars. He ended up walking out. Having to call Uber for a ride back.

I hope the on-site Disney tour won't be so aggressive or long-winded. We're going to listen to the DVC schpeel at Sarasota Springs before catching an Uber to HHN next week. The 'gift' is three more FPs per person, but of course, that late in the game, the only additional passes available will be silly things that don't need them. But we had a free afternoon. Now if they won't let me hop into an Uber at 3pm when we need to be at Uni for the scareactor dining ressie, I'll tell them they can keep their passes.

I hope the on-site Disney tour won't be so aggressive or long-winded. We're going to listen to the DVC schpeel at Sarasota Springs before catching an Uber to HHN next week. The 'gift' is three more FPs per person, but of course, that late in the game, the only additional passes available will be silly things that don't need them. But we had a free afternoon. Now if they won't let me hop into an Uber at 3pm when we need to be at Uni for the scareactor dining ressie, I'll tell them they can keep their passes.

As high pressure and they are super rude

I’m reminded of a Beavis and Butthead episode:

“I took a bullet for Uncle Sam and if you don’t sign these papers you’re going to take a bullet from me!”

Of course that was an Army recruiter not a time share salesman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter