timeshare promo....

MizTink

DIS Veteran
does anyone know if there are places that do the promo offers without a credit card?

i would like to do a timeshare promotion. i meet all the qualifications EXCEPT that i don't have a major credit card! the bank card i have is a mastercard, but it also says debit on it.

seems silly to me. i was even told that it didn't have to be an open account, it could be an old card as long as it has my name on it!! i got rid of credit cards about 6 years ago and NO, i didn't keep the old cards on closed accounts!! lol

does anyone know if there are places that do the promo offers without a credit card?

i would like to do a timeshare promotion. i meet all the qualifications EXCEPT that i don't have a major credit card! the bank card i have is a mastercard, but it also says debit on it.

seems silly to me. i was even told that it didn't have to be an open account, it could be an old card as long as it has my name on it!! i got rid of credit cards about 6 years ago and NO, i didn't keep the old cards on closed accounts!! lol

There are some that you can do it with the bank card as long as it has a visa or master card logo on it. There are also some who will let you do it with a check book

so how do i find those? all the ones i have been able to find say they require the credit card.....

Why do you want to do a timeshare promotion? If you're interested in a particular timeshare to purchase just call them up. If you're only interested in getting the things they'll give you for attending, I would tell you to reconsider. They're pushy, manipulative, and can be almost threatening. If they say they pick you up at your hotel (like if you're doing one in Orlando), you have no way out of there. My parents and aunt and uncle were almost held hostage for hours trying to get out of one in Orlando. And often, they're misleading -- we did one (for a timeshare we actually purchased) that said you'd get four free airline tickets-- you could only use two at a time, and only if you stayed at certain hotels (which were very expensive) and took another presentation while you were there. So we never ended up using the tickets.

We also did a presentation at Marriott in Orlando -- told them upfront we weren't going to buy (we had bought a 4-night package at their timeshare which didn't require a presentation, but they offered free Universal tix to get you to do the presentation). They were pretty good about not pressuring us, since we were very clear we weren't going to buy, but it still took twice as long as they said it would -- with our kids in their play area.

Honestly, unless you really want to buy a timeshare, I would skip this idea altogether.

i don't plan on purchasing. i've done this a few times over the years and never had a problem getting it over with quickly i was always just very up-front that i had NO intentions of buying.
i have been able to get great rates for condos that sleep upto 12 people. much nicer place, and cheaper than a decent hotel. not to mention that at a regular hotel we would have to get more than i room....

Honestly, do whatever makes you happy! We went on a tour in Charleston, once we said "no thanks" they let us go, and we got free tickets for a high-speed boat tour!

Last year, we got a free weekend at Massanutten in Va., plus $100.

All we had to do to escape quickly is mention that we paid $1 for our timeshares. Another idea is to print ads for timeshares at the place you're at, that sold for $1. Keep asking why you should pay thousands when you can get it for $1?

I love timeshare presentation promos. Just don't bring kids, and make sure you aren't trapped on property so you can just walk out. And don't buy from them! Buy resale! :)

Why do you want to do a timeshare promotion? If you're interested in a particular timeshare to purchase just call them up. If you're only interested in getting the things they'll give you for attending, I would tell you to reconsider. They're pushy, manipulative, and can be almost threatening. If they say they pick you up at your hotel (like if you're doing one in Orlando), you have no way out of there. My parents and aunt and uncle were almost held hostage for hours trying to get out of one in Orlando. And often, they're misleading -- we did one (for a timeshare we actually purchased) that said you'd get four free airline tickets-- you could only use two at a time, and only if you stayed at certain hotels (which were very expensive) and took another presentation while you were there. So we never ended up using the tickets.

We also did a presentation at Marriott in Orlando -- told them upfront we weren't going to buy (we had bought a 4-night package at their timeshare which didn't require a presentation, but they offered free Universal tix to get you to do the presentation). They were pretty good about not pressuring us, since we were very clear we weren't going to buy, but it still took twice as long as they said it would -- with our kids in their play area.

Honestly, unless you really want to buy a timeshare, I would skip this idea altogether.

I agree with all of this. OP we were stupid enough to fall for one in CA and they were only supposed to take credit cards, They took our bank card that was only a debit card. I have a feeling that timeshare place will take anything you give them as long as you have a pulse.

I agree with all of this. OP we were stupid enough to fall for one in CA and they were only supposed to take credit cards, They took our bank card that was only a debit card. I have a feeling that timeshare place will take anything you give them as long as you have a pulse.

It doesn't have to be like that. Learn how to work with the system and you can get some great deals.

We love our timeshares. They're worth every penny! Because we only paid $1 each, we only now pay the maintenance fees. They're a bargain, compared to the price of hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter