Timeframe to see room assignment(if at all)

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
Hi,

Is there a way to see your room assignment ahead of time on the website or app? If so, about how long before check in does it appear and where would it be?

Thanks!

They do put your room number on MDE now. I do not know how far in advance they put it on the app. I'm curious too. It is going to be sometime on check in day, I'm sure. There haven't been many reports from folks coming in since they added the feature to MDE

They do put your room number on MDE now. I do not know how far in advance they put it on the app. I'm curious too. It is going to be sometime on check in day, I'm sure. There haven't been many reports from folks coming in since they added the feature to MDE
Wow! I did not know this. Is this for everyone?

But they're still not giving out the number prior to check-in day, right? Do we know if they're putting the room number on MDE before it's ready? I'd think that would cause issues with people hanging out by the room and pressuring housekeeping to get it ready.

But they're still not giving out the number prior to check-in day, right? Do we know if they're putting the room number on MDE before it's ready? I'd think that would cause issues with people hanging out by the room and pressuring housekeeping to get it ready.
No, to my knowledge we know little at this time. Though I have not gone searching for reports either.
I've only seen 1 person post that they saw the room number on their MDE, and it was after they'd arrived *but before they got their text.
I plan to watch closely next Wednesday, when we arrive, to see when I get the room number on my MDE

No, to my knowledge we know little at this time. Though I have not gone searching for reports either.
I've only seen 1 person post that they saw the room number on their MDE, and it was after they'd arrived *but before they got their text.
I plan to watch closely next Wednesday, when we arrive, to see when I get the room number on my MDE

Where does it appear on the app? The reservations section?

Where does it appear on the app? The reservations section?
It is my understanding it will show on your resort reservation.
Touch your icon, scroll down to Resort Reservation, touch on the resort and it opens the details. It is there, somewhere (though I haven't seen a screen shot to know exactly how it appears)

Yeah, I'm sure there is no way they are putting the room number on MDE until it's 100% ready for occupancy. I guess it is going on MDE at the same time they'd send a text the room is ready. So it's a fall back method to get the room number provided to their guests. You have some that never get the texts and I believe they won't text international at all.
I'll be sure to update how the process goes for us next week. I keep hoping we'll get other updates but so far, I've only seen 1

Right. What I have seen others reporting is that it is appearing sometime on check-in day. Not a lot different than a room-ready text actually

I'm about to check in for my stay in about an hour. We decided no to do online check in so just doing olf fashion way at the desk. Will let you know how quickly it shows up in the app.

I'm about to check in for my stay in about an hour. We decided no to do online check in so just doing olf fashion way at the desk. Will let you know how quickly it shows up in the app.
Oh, hadn't even thought about that aspect. I suppose the room number will only appear in advance for those that do online check in. Wonder if it would ever show up for those who don't? I'd have to guess no

Just got fully checked in. I forgot how slow regular check in is. Sweet molasses it took 20 minutes at the counter with 0 issue just slow. Our room came available in the amount of time it took me to ask about the room number in the app (wasn't available before the question). By the time we walked to the room it was in the app.

Last week, I checked MDE shortly after I got the text and it was on there. It had not been on MDE earlier that day. I suspect it happened at/around the exact same time as the text. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter