Time to go ?

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by goofynut41, Jul 3, 2018.

1. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

Which is the best time to go Sept or Oct? price and weather?

2. southerngirl528

southerngirl528 Dreamin' of Maui

Hmmm. Well, weather is pretty static in Hawaii at sea level, with winter having a little wetter weather. I would say September should be better priced by a tad since that is considered shoulder season, and October does have a school break mid-month for many.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

Shoulder season? Please do tell. Haven't heard that one before.

5. southerngirl528

Most Hawaii lovin' folks I know consider May and September "shoulder season". I would definitely say it's not SLOW season as I don't really know of a slow season in Hawaii since the weather is so static. Often one can find less expensive accommodations and airfare during those months.

Tigger's ally and goofynut41 like this.
  6. goofynut41

goofynut41 Disney Veteran

Thank you

southerngirl528 likes this.
  7. southerngirl528

Of course! My pleasure. :cutie:

8. corgi_monster

corgi_monster DIS Veteran

no notable difference between September and October. Both months, however, are during hurricane season. They’re not common, but every hurricane i’ve seen during my lifetime (4 or 5 total?) have fallen during those two months.

southerngirl528 likes this.
  9. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

We were there for 16 days - arriving on September 15th, leaving October 1st. We had a great experience all over the islands both in terms of weather and crowds. We never saw rain once. At Aulani (and the other resorts we stayed at), we never experienced a lack of pool chairs. I didn't price compare at all because we went for our honeymoon, so we didn't have much of a choice for time of year. But I would definitely go in September again. I think the lack of crowds was partially due to school having just started for many. As mentioned, there's a school break in October that may draw more people in. We also believe we got the tail end of summer season weather, with mid-upper 80s and no rain.

southerngirl528 and goofynut41 like this.