Time to compare turkey prices

Sandy61

Mouseketeer
I have been seeing turkeys for sale this week and it seems cheap at .99/lb. Does anyone remember what turkeys were selling for last year? What prices have you seen this year?

Wow you guys have some low turkey prices!! I think last year I paid around $0.69/#. Today I got a circular for an expensive grocer in our area and they are advertising$0.79/#, so I bet the cheaper stores will come in around the same as last year. Haven't seen anyone else advertise yet.

For the southern DISers, the weekly Publix ad has a coupon to get up to a 16 lb. turkey free with a new or transferred prescription or a flu shot. Good thru 12/5/12. Awesome! :thumbsup2

Fresh or frozen? Free range, organic. Makes a huge difference in price, among other things.

My son won ours in a Turkey Shoot. I think they are about .99 here right now.

The best we have here right now is $0.78 at Kroger.
Hoping for better before Thanksgiving!!

Our grocery store is offering a free up to 14 lb turkey when you buy their precooked spiral sliced ham. If my hubby is home, he will want to smoke the ham and turkey, so not sure if I will be getting this deal or not.

We never seem to get the great turkey prices around here. Today the Kroger ad had them for $1.19. I am waiting to see if they get cheaper closer to the time.

It's still early for the "big" sale prices on turkeys.

The only ad I've seen is Safeway at .99/lb which is really high. I usually wait until the stores do a sale like .19/lb or .29/lb when you purchase $10 or $20 in other items. I usually get a giant turkey for less than $5 that way. I am always one year ahead with turkeys so I have this year's turkey in the chest freezer from last year's purchase. They always taste fine.

It is just myself and my husband so when I make a turkey I buy a giant one so I can debone it and freeze the meat. We also love making oven toasted turkey sandwiches with cream cheese & cranberry sauce...yummy! I enjoy the sandwiches in the following days much more than Thanksgiving dinner.

There is a Butterball coupon at coupon.com use zip 99218. Thanks to laulea2782 coupon info.

I will also cook a turkey in Jan. or Feb. when it is really cold out. It heats up the house and we like all the lean turkey meat. Plus it is usually greatly price-reduced.

I haven't seen anything come out here in Maryland yet.

We just got our first Wegmans in the area on Sunday, and they are offering good freebies to get people through the door, Giant is responding in kind... I'm hoping they'll get into a turkey war and maybe Safeway and Weis will jump in too.

I get a Kick out of Wegman's and their High End items!
Last year they had a Turkey for $5.99 per pound! But, It was the same brand served @ The White House....And I think Barrock himself or Michelle came and carved it for you...

We got ours @ Redners for about .39 or .49 cents per pound...It was fine...

Our Target had them for $0.79 as well. I bought a small turkey breast to keep in the freezer for $0.99. For $6.00, you can get several meals out of it.

We cooked our .59 turkey yesterday. It was so good, we are going back for a bigger one this week.

A Publix opened a month or so ago about 25 miles from us. We don't get their ads in our newspaper, but my daughter found an offer in their weekly on-line ad through Wednesday to get a free turkey with a new prescription or if you got a flu shot. DH and I both got shots on Friday (which we needed to do anyway) and got a 16# turkey each. The shots were free after insurance.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter