Time for a new Yacht and Beach Club Resort thread?

wifey

DIS Veteran
Whilst recently browsing for more enlightening info on these two resorts it struck me as odd that there is no current 2016-2017 thread going that I could find. Have I simply missed it? Or is it time to start a new one with up to date info and photos? What to you think?
We stayed at the YC three years ago and were looking for relevant info on BC. Having recently upgraded from CBR to this one for October 2017 we wanted to find out as much as we can. I doubt we are the family looking into it. Many families may be considering this location, and rightly so after all what's not to love?! We think the location is fantastic the CMs are wonderful and helpful and you are spoiled for choice with dining options. Come along and help me figure this all out since the only unofficial fan site (apart from on the Dis) was 4 years out of date I think it needs some forum TLC and spread the word to others.

I have never stayed there, but would love to hear more about it. Do you feel like you are "missing out" by not staying on the monorail? Would love to hear thoughts from folks who have experienced both.

I have never stayed there, but would love to hear more about it. Do you feel like you are "missing out" by not staying on the monorail? Would love to hear thoughts from folks who have experienced both.
Hi there we don't miss being close to the monorail it's still accessible from the YB/BC/BW area by popping through Epcot so it's no problem getting to the MK if we don't fancy waiting for a bus. That said we always have park hopping on our tickets so it's never really been an issue for us even when DS was little. We found it fairly easy to get around on WDW transport and of course Bell Services at the front of the resort can always call you a cab from the rank if you need one. Next year we may consider using Uber if we need to pop offsite a couple of times, the app was fairly easy to download and they have great safety protocols in place for both the driver and the travellers in your party since you link the app to a photo of yourself when you join. They tell you the name of the driver and a description of the car plus the registration too. Only thing that slightly worried me is the "surge" pricing which I think may be added at busy times of the day.

There is a current and very active Yacht and Beach Club thread on the resorts board.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...rmation-questions-refurb-news-post-1.3400342/
I read through quite a few of those posts and much of it was older stuff, although the refurbished room photos looked good there didn't seem to be as much up to date stuff as when we looked in 2013. Maybe it's just me.

I did read through some room view threads too which were interesting however I stumbled across some on a different thread too which was all organised yet still had a fair few posts with photos from a while ago. We were both impressed with the new decor at the BC and along with the better room size over a moderate resort it made us want to return. We were not fans of the older furnishings and carpet patterns.
Being closer to the International Gateway to Epcot for us is a bonus too...less distance to go at the end of a long park day. We have decided on a garden view room this time and couldn't find an up to date map of the room classifications the only one close to relevant was from 2011.

Does anyone know when the changes to the road systems will happen when DHS has it's new builds completed? It seems as though they will move the park entrance to a different location so they will need extra car park spaces and new bus stops for the Disney buses. Everything changes constantly in WDW so we want to be aware of what's happening before we arrive.

I read through quite a few of those posts and much of it was older stuff, although the refurbished room photos looked good there didn't seem to be as much up to date stuff as when we looked in 2013. Maybe it's just me.

I did read through some room view threads too which were interesting however I stumbled across some on a different thread too which was all organized yet still had a fair few posts with photos from a while ago. We were both impressed with the new decor at the BC and along with the better room size over a moderate resort it made us want to return. We were not fans of the older furnishings and carpet patterns.
Being closer to the International Gateway to Epcot for us is a bonus too...less distance to go at the end of a long park day. We have decided on a garden view room this time and couldn't find an up to date map of the room classifications the only one close to relevant was from 2011.

Does anyone know when the changes to the road systems will happen when DHS has it's new builds completed? It seems as though they will move the park entrance to a different location so they will need extra car park spaces and new bus stops for the Disney buses. Everything changes constantly in WDW so we want to be aware of what's happening before we arrive.

Posts 1-15 of the Yacht and Beach Club thread are regularly updated by @natebenma
She often receives updates and photos from guests that help keep the information as current as possible. If you have specific questions that aren't answered in the Information posts, the thread is a great place to ask for information on planning a visit.

Posts 1-15 of the Yacht and Beach Club thread are regularly updated by @natebenma
She often receives updates and photos from guests that help keep the information as current as possible. If you have specific questions that aren't answered in the Information posts, the thread is a great place to ask for information on planning a visit.
I would but the forum refuses to let me do anything on that thread but read it! Down to insufficient access or something like that...

I would but the forum refuses to let me do anything on that thread but read it! Down to insufficient access or something like that...
No clue why you have this issue. Maybe PM a moderator?

No clue why you have this issue. Maybe PM a moderator?
Might do that It has been frustrating to say the least. We really love these two resorts too, I wasn't trying to cause offence or imply anything about anyone, I recall Natebenma was always a wiz at this and we couldn't find the info we needed. Do you think she would mind me asking some questions if allowed? That thread was always so friendly and honest and reliable too.

Might do that It has been frustrating to say the least. We really love these two resorts too, I wasn't trying to cause offence or imply anything about anyone, I recall Natebenma was always a wiz at this and we couldn't find the info we needed. Do you think she would mind me asking some questions if allowed? That thread was always so friendly and honest and reliable too.
Nothing wrong with looking for a thread or asking questions. It's a big board, sometimes I have to search for threads, too.
The folks on the Yacht and Beach thread are very helpful. It's a great place to read and ask a question. :goodvibes

Nothing wrong with looking for a thread or asking questions. It's a big board, sometimes I have to search for threads, too.
The folks on the Yacht and Beach thread are very helpful. It's a great place to read and ask a question. :goodvibes
Thank you so much:thanks::badpc:

Are you looking at the most current version of the thread, the one in my signature?

The FAQ threads were all renamed Questions and Information threads (no indication of the current year)by the DIS moderators- the current thread also has Refurb News Post #1

If you are on one of the previous threads, they are locked to posting and searching, but as far as I know the current Yacht & Beach Club FAQ is ok.

That being said, there have been no posts since yesterday afternoon, which is unusual.

:)

Are you looking at the most current version of the thread, the one in my signature?

The FAQ threads were all renamed Questions and Information threads (no indication of the current year)by the DIS moderators- the current thread also has Refurb News Post #1

If you are on one of the previous threads, they are locked to posting and searching, but as far as I know the current Yacht & Beach Club FAQ is ok.

That being said, there have been no posts since yesterday afternoon, which is unusual.

:)
Hi there yes I was looking for that , I think it was all because I had not posted much in the last few months. Life has a way of rearranging priorities when you can least do with it. I'm currently about to undergo surgery on my wrists and have had a fair bit of trouble accessing lots of things not just online, the pain relief hasn't helped my brain much it makes me forget what I'm doing.
I was trying to find out the current info on things like the boat rentals, laundry room facilities and new items in the Market Place and down on the Boardwalk things like that. Changes happen and it's good to be able to prepare for them when you take the family. It's been a few years since we stayed at the YC and things tend to change quickly in WDW in general so just seeing the changes at Disney Springs has me awestruck that they have done so much so quickly. The renovated room photos look good and I'ce browsed the room view thread with interest. Wh have a garden view room booked but not sure what to expect with it. Over at the WL we ended up overlooking a walkway to the villas covered with trees and lawns filled with shrubs and rabbits which was relaxing until the storms arrived gosh that rain in the treetops was brutal! That place was no where near as amazing as the YC/ BC resorts ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter