Ticket price/age question, I tried searching but didn't find what I needed.

My son is currently 9 but will turn 10 a few days before our trip. I tried to buy all Disney Adult tickets, but the system won't allow me to attach my son to an adult ticket. Do I need to do anything special (other than creating a fake guest in MDE, we already have our Magic bands and I really don't want to go through assigning/reassigning/etc) to get him the correct ticket, or is this just a case where I should take my pixie dust and run? LOL

-is this just a case where I should take my pixie dust and run? LOL
That's one choice.
The "approved" in-person solution is to upgrade (at an extra charge) after you arrive.

Do I need to do anything special (other than creating a fake guest in MDE, we already have our Magic bands and I really don't want to go through assigning/reassigning/etc) to get him the correct ticket...

The "fake guest" idea offers to potential of "doing the right thing" -AND- it certainly has the potential of saving you from needing the added time spent at a Guest Relations during your trip.

The transfer of an adult ticket from a "fake name" to your (former) child would just take a few seconds, and can be done as soon as the child turns 10.

Last edited:
Oh man - please say this isn't so!

My neighbor gifted me 4, 1 day park hopper tickets through her work - they are complimentary to her. I'm reading the fine print and it says:
"At Walt Disney World, present this printed eTicket or show this eTicket on your mobile device, at the park entrance; you will be provided with a ticket for same day re-entry with Park Hopper privileges. Plan in advance to make FastPass+ selections up to 7 days prior to your theme park visit at MyDisneyExperience.com."

***I'm supposed to make my FPs tuesday (90 days for CLFP). Can I not do that with these tickets???? I'm freaking out a bit. THANKS!

Oh man - please say this isn't so!

My neighbor gifted me 4, 1 day park hopper tickets through her work - they are complimentary to her. I'm reading the fine print and it says:
"At Walt Disney World, present this printed eTicket or show this eTicket on your mobile device, at the park entrance; you will be provided with a ticket for same day re-entry with Park Hopper privileges. Plan in advance to make FastPass+ selections up to 7 days prior to your theme park visit at MyDisneyExperience.com."

***I'm supposed to make my FPs tuesday (90 days for CLFP). Can I not do that with these tickets???? I'm freaking out a bit. THANKS!
If you can "connect them" to your MyDisneyExperience account now, you can advance-book FP+ as with any "normal" valid ticket. (Which does include the 60-days-in-advance booking if you are staying on-site.)
If you CANNOT connect them to MDX, you'll need to wait until you are at WDW.
If you need help connecting to MDX,
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

If you can "connect them" to your MyDisneyExperience account now, you can advance-book FP+ as with any "normal" valid ticket. (Which does include the 60-days-in-advance booking if you are staying on-site.)
If you CANNOT connect them to MDX, you'll need to wait until you are at WDW.
If you need help connecting to MDX,
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
phew - seriously, thank you. i just linked all 4 and it's letting me make FP selections 30 days out. each ticket says something different. one of them says this below - do you know what it means? the print out paper says it's good for any of the location except tokyo and the water parks:

1 Day Park Hopper - California Summer E - Ticket Distribution 2016

one of them says this below - do you know what it means?
1 Day Park Hopper - California Summer E - Ticket Distribution 2016
I have no idea.

(And, frankly, I have low confidence on much of any verbiage that may pop up in MDX.)

I'm wondering if anyone has used the ID me feature for proof of Florida residency? I'm wondering if there is a waiting period or if it's verified immediately and tickets can be purchased immediately.

In addition - my father is the one purchasing the tickets. But only for his two grandchildren. Are there any issues there? He verifies his residency, but then purchases just 2 children APs?

Need help clarifying on the "expiration" date on the Park Hopper Plus in a package PLEASE!!

So for a 4 day Park Hopper Plus, the website says I have 8 days to use this ticket, from July 2nd to July 9th.
With this package I have booked a 4 night stay at BW with a 4 day PHP. Then I have a separate room only reservation at CSR for 2 nights right after checking out BW.
I plan to visit theme park during the first 4 days (July 2-5) , and then just water park and mini golf during my CSR (July 6 and 7).
Will that plan work??
I just want to make sure that the ticket portion for the water park and mini golf are still valid after spending 4 days in the theme park.

** I used the Disney online chat service to find out answer for my above question. The CM, instead of answering if the waterpark portion will still be valid, asked me to pay more for the Flexible Date ticket option... Don't like the upsell**

TIA!

Last edited:
- my father is the one purchasing the tickets. But only for his two grandchildren. Are there any issues there? He verifies his residency, but then purchases just 2 children APs?
He can buy them, but he also needs to be at the gate the first time those tickets are actually used for park entry.

Need help clarifying on the "expiration" date on the Park Hopper Plus in a package PLEASE!!

So for a 4 day Park Hopper Plus,
1. the website says I have 8 days to use this ticket, from July 2nd to July 9th.
2. With this package I have booked a 4 night stay at BW with a 4 day PHP. Then I have a separate room only reservation at CSR for 2 nights right after checking out BW.
I plan to visit theme park during the first 4 days (July 2-5) , and then just water park and mini golf during my CSR (July 6 and 7).
3. Will that plan work??
4. I just want to make sure that the ticket portion for the water park and mini golf are still valid after spending 4 days in the theme park.

** I used the Disney online chat service to find out answer for my above question. The CM, instead of answering if the waterpark portion will still be valid, asked me to pay more for the Flexible Date ticket option...
5. Don't like the upsell**

TIA!
1. Correct.
2. This does not affect your ticket use at all, in this case.
3. Yes.
4. Yes, it is.
5. Rather than it being strictly an "up-sell tactic," I'd wager that it was far more likely a situation of the CM not knowing anything about actual ticket rules (training in park procedures is virtually lacking for phone CMs,)
(s)he was just attempting to compensate by offering a "sure thing" answer.

That's one choice.
The "approved" in-person solution is to upgrade (at an extra charge) after you arrive.

The "fake guest" idea offers to potential of "doing the right thing" -AND- it certainly has the potential of saving you from needing the added time spent at a Guest Relations during your trip.

The transfer of an adult ticket from a "fake name" to your (former) child would just take a few seconds, and can be done as soon as the child turns 10.

After looking at it, there's a $5 difference in the cost of the ticket between the adult and child ticket for our day - I think we'll just pay the additional when we go to the parks that day, we have to stop into Will Call anyway. :)

He can buy them, but he also needs to be at the gate the first time those tickets are actually used for park entry.
Disney has told me that he doesn’t have to be there if we use this new verification system. I have it in writing. I also doubled checked with a DSS CM and they talked to someone (?) and got back to me that he also doesn’t need to be there. I am still skeptical and will be prepared to pay the price if they are adamant. But fingers crossed it will be seamless as they have advised me it will be. I understand the idea is for him to be able to join us, and he will in the future, but he cannot on this first trip.

I remember there was a tickets thread, but I can't find it. If there is maybe it should be posted there. My question is: can you postpone to a future year (2020 & eyond) using MYW tickets bought in 2018 even after you assign them to a profile? Thx!

I remember there was a tickets thread, but I can't find it. If there is maybe it should be posted there. My question is: can you postpone to a future year (2020 & eyond) using MYW tickets bought in 2018 even after you assign them to a profile? Thx!
Regardless of whether you attach tickets to your MDX account or not...
Tickets that have never been used and are not yet expired can be used on a future trip.
(If they are "date-based," you must have the date "changed" by contacting WDW (often at an additional expense.)

Tickets that have an expiration date will, in fact, expire on the given date.
However, the VALUE of those tickets (even if expired) can be applied in the future to help purchase new, current tickets at the time of another WDW trip.

(BTW, this thread IS the current 'tickets thread.')

Does a Florida Resident ticket purchase have to be completed with a credit card registered to a Florida address? Does the address have to match the Florida driver's license? Thanks!

Does a Florida Resident ticket purchase have to be completed with a credit card registered to a Florida address? Does the address have to match the Florida driver's license? Thanks!
In person?
As long as the buyer can otherwise correctly prove Florida residency, I don't think the payment method would matter.
If you are concerned, just buy gift card(s) to cover the cost.

Yet another question. My father got his Florida Driver's License today. He then went to purchase the Florida Resident Tickets and was brought to the Florida Resident Verification portal (Id.Me). He entered what they asked and then quickly got the message - "sorry, we cannot verify you."

I'm thinking - is there a waiting period b/w the Florida DMV and uploading records to Id.Me? Or, is this a bigger issue or a glitch? Just curious if anyone has gone through this verification process. Thanks!

I've read about 6 pages from waayyy back in May, before the AP price increases, so I just want to make sure of any other changes.

Our FP date is in about a month. I'm planning on buying 11 non hopper tickets from undercover tourist and at the very least, upgrade two to an DVC Gold AP and perhaps the rest to hoppers. I'm hoping (always hoping) that a DVC deal occurs.
So using easy PRETEND numbers.....if UT tickets cost $100, at disney they cost $150. Gold AP cost $200....what will it cost for us to upgrade. $50 or $100?

Thank you.

So using easy PRETEND numbers.....if UT tickets cost $100, at disney they cost $150. Gold AP cost $200....what will it cost for us to upgrade. $50 or $100?

In your hypothetical -- $50 to upgrade. The upgrade is always the difference between the Disney value* of the in-hand ticket and the new ticket.

*Disney value is determined as of your purchase date; it may be lower than current pricing if there has been a price increase since the ticket was purchased.

And I like your PRETEND figures...for an AP?!?! ;)

In your hypothetical -- $50 to upgrade. The upgrade is always the difference between the Disney value* of the in-hand ticket and the new ticket.

*Disney value is determined as of your purchase date; it may be lower than current pricing if there has been a price increase since the ticket was purchased.

And I like your PRETEND figures...for an AP?!?! ;)
Thank you, there have a been a few stories of people being told the ticket was only worth what UT paid for it, so now you owe a million bucks. We had planned on buying AP for everyone until the $90 price jump, then hoppers for most and AP for us, now it just base tickets. We can add hopper later , I'm really upset with the 4 days of out 7, MK is closing at 6 pm and one night at 4:30. We are staying at BLT. I'm really thinking doing several mornings at MK and then hopping to other parks. We have 5 grandkids 10 and younger, I think MK will be a biggie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!